Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>
There are too many odd things about this one for me.
1.) The corner very rarely releases the cause of death before the method of death. The body not being released to the family. The autopsy is being sealed and locked away. The two reasons you would keep this secret is if you believed the cause of death was soo weird you needed to trap a person into admitting it happened. Or you fear for someone else life by revealing what is done. If you believed that BL was suicidal, you would not want to let him know that you know everything or he might just do it.
2.) There is to0 much travel and movement in this case. Murder is a personal thing. When you kill someone you love, it is very personal. We have two options here. He either knew he was going to kill her and was the worst murder in the history of murdering. Or he snapped and killed her, panicked and we have current events. But most people need to be under some pressure to snap, need to have triggers. He left her days at a time alone. According to some, he travel to florida and back. Pressure and snapping does not travel well. Studies proven that pressure is released after just a few seconds apart. Days is a long time.
3.) Speaking of traveling, there is way to many things in this one that are speculation and armchair opinions. We don't have all the facts and we have way to many false facts.
I suspect that we will never really know that happened. Because I think BL is dead. And yes he looks guilty. But he innocent until proven.
MOO

...and the possibility that someone else is involved. I know it looks the way it looks, and is probably close to what we all suspect, but it's in no way certain. As you said - too many odd things.

I can't quote from the last thread but someone asked me about the federal warrant that was executed on the Laundrie's house and how it didn't include a drone.

The only warrant that was released was the FL search warrant for the electronic device that was found in the van before the FBI took over the investigation.

We have not seen the FBI warrant that covered the search of the house so we don't know what was in it. They could have multiple warrants including for tracking, electronic surveillance, etc. I doubt the FBI will release the warrant(s) or the list of items that were taken unless it is required to be released in discovery during the case (if and when BL is captured).
It was me! Thanks! jmo

Oh that is fact now. Already been a trial, everything was completely connected. All the i's dotted, t's crossed?
I would not be soo sure of that.
1.) The corner very rarely releases the cause of death before the method of death. The body not being released to the family. The autopsy is being sealed and locked away. The two reasons you would keep this secret is if you believed the cause of death was soo weird you needed to trap a person into admitting it happened. Or you fear for someone else life by revealing what is done. If you believed that BL was suicidal, you would not want to let him know that you know everything or he might just do it.
2.) There is to0 much travel and movement in this case. Murder is a personal thing. When you kill someone you love, it is very personal. We have two options here. He either knew he was going to kill her and was the worst murder in the history of murdering. Or he snapped and killed her, panicked and we have current events. But most people need to be under some pressure to snap, need to have triggers. He left her days at a time alone. According to some, he travel to florida and back. Pressure and snapping does not travel well. Studies proven that pressure is released after just a few seconds apart. Days is a long time.
3.) Speaking of traveling, there is way to many things in this one that are speculation and armchair opinions. We don't have all the facts and we have way to many false facts.
I suspect that we will never really know that happened. Because I think BL is dead. And yes he looks guilty. But he innocent until proven.
MOO

ALL MOO:

1. Agree there is no public facing evidence that it was at his hands. But there is a boatload of public facing circumstantial evidence. The direct evidence isn't going to be sent in a memo to us at Webslueths. They're not telling anyone anything unless it is absolutely necessary during an on-going criminal investigation.

2. They aren't releasing COD because they don't have him custody and not revealing that they know COD can be useful in interrogation to assess his veracity among other things.

3. They are not releasing GP bc they are hoping they find him soon and if they find him, they may very well expect that the defense will come calling to conduct its own independent autopsy.

4. He returned to Gabby days before GP's death. We know this from last published sightings on 8/27 at Merry Piglets.

5. There were leaks of his travels home where he ultimately arrived on 9/1. Leaks that went dead and so were not widely reported on MSM and so cannot be reported here. Remember there are all sorts of cameras, license plates readers, toll transponders, etc, at so many locations (gas stations, highways, etc).

All MOO. Not fact.

But in many family scenarios... a breakup of a couple that was planning, working together, full of joy...and LOVED by so many--well a breakup would be a HUGE deal....

nobody knew anything yet...

I think the Laundries knew it was rocky. Unless RD is lying, Gabby occasionally left for her house for a night or two, when they were fighting. No matter how many engagements a couple announces, parents who live with said couple know a *lot* about their relationship. The picture we saw yesterday:

Sleuths think Gabby Petito may be holding GUN in photo as cops hunt fiancé

shows a single bed. Did Gabby have her own room? Or...actually no room at all? Since she had lived with them for 2 years, was this last move (not too long before the Van Life started - and they left from NY)...was this move an attempt to push Gabby out? It's not easy to evict someone, whether they pay rent or not, from their residence, even if their legal residence is somewhere else. Maybe the Laundries were tired of this "engaged couple" living with them? It sure looks like a room occupied by a lone male (as does his other earlier room shown so extensively on Insta, which he apparently occupied until rather recently - I'd have to check the dates).

Anyway, the Laundries had been in this place maybe 3 months, and I see no feminine touches or a comfortable place in Brian's room for Gabby.

That's a big red flag that the parents may not have wanted the couple living indefinitely in their house. Like all couples, surely they had their problems and fought sometimes, but as a parent of adult children, I simply did not want that couple living in my own house. They needed to grow up and go see if they could work it out together (not on the road, though!)

But it looks like the parents provided Brian with a cozy little room. If my theory is true, then Brian's desire to live the Van Life is connected to wanting to be with Gabby in face of his parents saying, "Look, we want a retirement lifestyle, we want our house to ourselves, you can stay if you pay some rent, but Gabby needs to find her own place." Gabby takes the money she's saved up for a potential apartment and invests it in Brian's idea of Van Life.

But I think the Laundries may have known about the issues (just like the high school friends did), and may not have liked Gabby that well. Parents have this habit of blaming their kids' partner instead of their kid. Here on this WS thread, there have been several posters writing about how much they secretly despise their kid's partner, and are relieved/delighted when there's a break up (or even a demise). I doubt that the Laundries absolutely hated Gabby, but perhaps they felt she was drawing Brian out of his comfort zone. They knew, in a way. that she did not, that he could be very difficult and they thought he was best off not having a serious relationship...maybe

So Brian goes home to FL, but then realizes he wants "his" van back. He thinks of it as his regardless of the registration and people here have also said, well he has "sweat equity" in it; they were engaged, it's obvious it was "community property," etc. So he flies to get it, Gabby pleads with him to at least try again, until Yellowstone, she'll be good, won't be so "OCD" and off they go, patching things up as they have done so many times before. I don't think Brian was capable of breaking up with her (for many reasons), but I don't think Gabby was capable of managing him on the road, the way his parents would have tried to do. And Gabby didn't want to break up.

Oh that is fact now. Already been a trial, everything was completely connected. All the i's dotted, t's crossed?
I would not be soo sure of that.
MOO

1. Literally happens ALL the time in homicide cases, in order to not release any details that only the police and killer know.

2. I'm not even sure what you're arguing here. But his erratic movements also lend to guilt.

3. The internet loves to speculate. Speculation has gone pretty crazy on this particular case. Under the law he is innocent until proven guilty, but in my experience, upper to middle-class white guys only run when they know they can't talk/buy their way out of it. This isn't television, things are usually a whole lot simpler than people imagine them to be.

I think Cassie has been sternly warned by the FBI not to speak publicly about whatever story Brian told her as it may jeopardize any future trial, when her story and his will be used as comparison evidence. They don’t want Brian tailoring his story around whatever he told Cassie. If she says what he told her, this could taint the evidence and she won’t be called to the witness stand. The authorities want to keep Brian in the dark about who said what (just like they’re doing with the cause of death) until they hear HIS story first hand and what evidence they can use to contradict his story. I feel Cassie at least is not so much protecting Brian as she is possible future evidence, as she had been instructed to do.

If anyone is curious, the federal court system publishes blank forms that attorneys are allowed to use in different stages of criminal and civil proceedings. The criminal forms include various types of warrants. These are free to access and it is a U.S. government site so I am including a link below. You can browse the different types of standard warrants that are available to get an idea of what type of information is regularly collected in criminal cases.

Criminal Forms

Bringing this over from the previous thread with the updated information. Since I originally posted it, @Chicago54 supplied the 911 calls and @Sprigs supplied the 9/14th statement made by SB.

I also added in the additional statement released by SB on 9/15 and added a link to the redacted missing persons report filed on 9/17 for BL. I feel like we've filled in some gaps, but I don't know how helpful it is overall, at least at the moment.

The sources cited are from Twitter-verified reporters in an attempt to ensure accuracy of the text messages. Where there wasn't a text to cover the date, I tried to use police records fill in the gap. The idea was to only use information given directly from the attorney from the Laundries or LE to keep out any potential misleading information in media reports. I just copied and pasted the message, but if someone knows how to quote messages from previous threads or direct me to the instructions - that'd be fabulous.

8/17 - BL flies to Tampa from SLC to obtain "some items and empty and close storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending road trip." (10/5 Text from SB to Jorja Roman; Source: Jorja Roman Twitter)
8/23 - BL returned to SLC to rejoin GP. (Source: Jorja Roman Twitter)
9/1 - BL stops at CL's home before returning to parent's home. (Source: Justin Schecker Twitter.)
9/1 - License plate reader confirms the van entered the city of North Port at approximately 10:26 a.m. (Source: Search Warrant.)
9/4 - BL opens account with AT&T and purchases a new phone, which is the phone he left at home when he went on a hike on 9/14* (Note: References to the hike on 9/14 have been left as originally stated. It is also worth noting that at 2:25 p.m., SB stated he never confirmed the date the phone was purchased because he did not know the specific date, only that a phone was purchased and it was left at home. At 6:21 p.m., he'd apparently received the specific information and was able to confirm. 9/29 Text from SB Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/6 - 9/7 BL and parents check in at FDS campground. (9/28 Text from SB; Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.) (Note: Cassie Laundrie confirmed she also visited the campgrounds with the family on 9/6 in an interview outside her home; Source: Brian Entin Twitter)
9/10 @ 15:58 and 18:29 (3:58 and 6:29 p.m.) - NPPD record shows two separate phone calls received for public service at Laundrie residence. Reported "problem settled." All other information redacted. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/11 - Van was located at Laundrie residence in Florida. BL's parents refused to allow BL to speak with LE and directed officers to speak with their attorney. (Source: Search Warrant.)
9/11 - Three separate 911 called placed at Laundrie family home at 1:12 p.m. (follow up/investigation), 4:38 p.m (follow up/investigation) and 8:28 p.m (agency assist). (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/13- In an amended statement, SB states BL's parents now believe he left to hike Monday, September 13, not the 14th as previously stated. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter)
9/13 - SB speaks to BL. It is unclear whether he spoke to BL before or after he went hiking to know whether he would have been the last person to actually speak to BL before he essentially disappeared. (9/28 Text from SB; Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/14 - NPPD police report related to an abandoned vehicle at 6968 Reisterstown Road, which is the location of Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. (Source: Your Sun.)
9/14 - Police return to Laundrie home. (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/14 - SB releases statement on behalf of Laundrie family addressing the search for GP and the "extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family." He further states the Laundrie family will be "remaining the background at this juncture and will have no further comment." (Source: Justin Schecker Twitter.)
9/15- Mustang returned to Laundrie home. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.) (Note: The attorney confirms this on 10/5, but this was also pointed out in a live stream by Brian Entin prior to SB's text. It was also reported by Your Sun that the parents stated they picked up the car the next day.)
9/15 - Police return to Laundrie home. (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/15- SB releases statement related to "Laundrie family" and why they have not made a statement or spoken to LE. He states at the advice of counsel, Mr. Laundrie is not speaking on this matter. (Note: First interesting point, the statement is from counsel for the "Laundrie family," but specifically addresses BL's silence. I'm curious as to what made him decide he needed to issue a more detailed statement regarding BL and not the parents. Second interesting point, this statement was released after BL was purportedly missing but before they'd actually reported it and doesn't seem to give any indication that no one knows where is. What changed between the 9/13 conversation and 9/17?) (Source: Justin Schecker Twitter.)
9/16 - Police return to Laundrie home. (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/16 - Brian Entin reports Laundrie residence is very quiet, beginning to think BL and parents left. Police stated again they know where BL is but won't elaborate. (Note: Obviously he wasn't in the house, but thought it was relevant to note that LE stated they knew where BL was.) (Source: Brian Entin Twitter.)
9/17 - BL's parents report BL as missing person. (Source: Your Sun; Report.)
9/17 - Police return to Laundrie home twice. (Note: Presumably one of these instances is related to BL's parents reporting him missing.) (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/19 - SB releases statement: "The news about Gabby Petito is heartbreaking. The Laundrie family prays for Gabby and her family." (Note: SB has been very consistent in referencing BL and his parents separately. The wording of this implies the entire Laundrie family. At this point, BL has been reported missing, so I would have expected it to say Chris and Roberta or something identifying them apart. I can only guess he phrased it this way in an attempt to garner some sympathy for ALL of his clients, even though he would have no clue whether one of them was praying for her family or not, because he was missing.)(Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/20 - SB schedules and later cancels press conference pursuant to his conversation with FBI. (Source: Shannon Clowe Twitter and Shannon Clowe Twitter.)
9/23 - SB confirms: "The Laundrie's went to Orland to meet with their attorney." In a separate text, he clarified the attorney they met with was him. (Note: This is unrelated to BL, but I wanted to put it in to sort of show how SB refers to his clients and why I feel like the 9/19 statement about the "Laundrie family" was intended to include BL, despite having reported him missing.) (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter and Shannon Clowe Twitter.)
9/26 - FBI return to Laundrie residence. SB stated the FBI "requested some items belonging to Brian Laundrie to assist them with DNA matching and Brian's parents provided the FBI with what they could." (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/27 - Five 911 calls made from Laundrie home 8:06 a.m., 8:28 a.m, 1:29 p.m., 2:45 p.m., 4:13 p.m., 5:10 p.m. (Note: The article was published on 9/30 and states most recent records show calls made on Monday, so I'm assuming it means Monday 9/27. It does not indicate whether police responded to the calls.) (Source: The U.S. Sun.)
9/27 - SB releases statement: "Chris and Robert Laundrie do not know where Brian is. They are concerned about Brian and hope the FBI can locate him. The speculation by the public and some in the press that the parents assisted Brian in leaving the family home or in avoiding arrest on a warrant that was issued after Brian had already been missing for several days is just wrong." (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter.)
9/30 - FBI return to Laundrie home to collect personal items belonging to BL to assist canines in search for Brian. (Source: Eileen Lepahmer Twitter.)
10/1 - SB states Cassie Laundrie saw her brother on 9/1 and 9/6.)
10/5 - SB confirms he only represents BL, CL (father, not sister) and RL. (Source: JB Twitter)
10/5 - SB amends original date parents last saw BL. He now states they believe he left to hike Monday, September 13. (Source: Jossie Carbonare Twitter)

Here's my revised theory given the above information:

There are really only two unaccounted-for dates, 9/12 and 9/13. I've been waiting for SB to come out and say they were mistaken about the date.

First, I can't recall when SB originally said the parents picked up the Mustang, but I remember there being confusion over when the Mustang was actually returned. However, it always struck me as odd that he went hiking on the 14th and the report of an abandoned car was filed on the 14th. If the car was parked somewhere illegally, like not in a dedicated parking space, then you would assume the vehicle would have been towed and/or received a citation, but that wasn't the case. It also doesn't make sense to assume a vehicle is abandoned after sitting there for less than a day. The abandoned car reported seemed to indicate the car had been there for longer than a day.

Second, SB said that BL and his parents went to other places on two different dates the following weekend but did not give the dates. There's a reason for that. I don't know what it is yet, but it's a big one. I think you can automatically rule out the 10th due to the police responding to the home on two separate occasions. You can rule out the 11th due to LE retrieving the van that day and asking to speak to BL but being refused.

That only leaves the 12th and the 13th. Wherever they went on those two dates is going to be key. He has confirmed all other dates, but those two dates. He left those vague and he didn't volunteer the info on where they went. When it came out they had visited the park, he was quick to say the dates they were there to make it seem like no big deal. If the places they went on the two dates after that weekend were no big deal, then why not go ahead and put that out there? Now all of a sudden they're backtracking on the actual date he went missing and it's because they're trying to get ahead of something that is going to come out at some point.

ETA: I have this feeling that BL will only be "missing" long enough for SB to determine what kind of case has been built against his client. There's not a single person, short of the interviews that Cassie has given in the last couple of days, urging BL to come forward or desperately seeking the public's help in locating him.

Second Edit - Added in 911 calls from The Sun report. If anyone has an actual list of the incidents with more details, that would be great.

On the Mustang timeline, someone pointed out last night that the media thread contains other footage from 6 am Monday showing the Mustang was gone by 6 am Monday. MOO

My heart skipped a beat reading that but I’m wondering if this video was actually from Sept 14th and not Mon 13th. The video was uploaded onto YouTube by Fox on September 14th NOT Monday 13th September. Perhaps the last news they had was of the van being searched on the Monday.

Link to video:

SBM, I know there was a lengthy back-and-forth about this several threads ago, but is it actually true? Do we know for a fact that he didn't have a bank account of his own? I (still) find that hard to believe and I'm concerned it's just another purple-monkey-dishwasher thing borne out of confusion over the indictment.

I can come up with no logical reason he would not tap his own funds on the trip back to Florida...

And even though Rose claims Brian was control freak I dont see it. I would think if you are the one always walking away...if you are the one that needs a time outs, might be because you need space to control your own emotions. Not trying to control someone else. Just my opinion of course.

I think the Laundries knew it was rocky. Unless RD is lying, Gabby occasionally left for her house for a night or two, when they were fighting. No matter how many engagements a couple announces, parents who live with said couple know a *lot* about their relationship. The picture we saw yesterday:

Sleuths think Gabby Petito may be holding GUN in photo as cops hunt fiancé

shows a single bed. Did Gabby have her own room? Or...actually no room at all? Since she had lived with them for 2 years, was this last move (not too long before the Van Life started - and they left from NY)...was this move an attempt to push Gabby out? It's not easy to evict someone, whether they pay rent or not, from their residence, even if their legal residence is somewhere else. Maybe the Laundries were tired of this "engaged couple" living with them? It sure looks like a room occupied by a lone male (as does his other earlier room shown so extensively on Insta, which he apparently occupied until rather recently - I'd have to check the dates).

Anyway, the Laundries had been in this place maybe 3 months, and I see no feminine touches or a comfortable place in Brian's room for Gabby.

That's a big red flag that the parents may not have wanted the couple living indefinitely in their house. Like all couples, surely they had their problems and fought sometimes, but as a parent of adult children, I simply did not want that couple living in my own house. They needed to grow up and go see if they could work it out together (not on the road, though!)

But it looks like the parents provided Brian with a cozy little room. If my theory is true, then Brian's desire to live the Van Life is connected to wanting to be with Gabby in face of his parents saying, "Look, we want a retirement lifestyle, we want our house to ourselves, you can stay if you pay some rent, but Gabby needs to find her own place." Gabby takes the money she's saved up for a potential apartment and invests it in Brian's idea of Van Life.

But I think the Laundries may have known about the issues (just like the high school friends did), and may not have liked Gabby that well. Parents have this habit of blaming their kids' partner instead of their kid. Here on this WS thread, there have been several posters writing about how much they secretly despise their kid's partner, and are relieved/delighted when there's a break up (or even a demise). I doubt that the Laundries absolutely hated Gabby, but perhaps they felt she was drawing Brian out of his comfort zone. They knew, in a way. that she did not, that he could be very difficult and they thought he was best off not having a serious relationship...maybe

So Brian goes home to FL, but then realizes he wants "his" van back. He thinks of it as his regardless of the registration and people here have also said, well he has "sweat equity" in it; they were engaged, it's obvious it was "community property," etc. So he flies to get it, Gabby pleads with him to at least try again, until Yellowstone, she'll be good, won't be so "OCD" and off they go, patching things up as they have done so many times before. I don't think Brian was capable of breaking up with her (for many reasons), but I don't think Gabby was capable of managing him on the road, the way his parents would have tried to do. And Gabby didn't want to break up.
Um - I thought it was established that this picture was not Brians bedroom and was taken from when the property was last listed for sale in 2017. Or am I incorrect?
https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...o-Ave_North-Port_FL_34287_M53524-94857#photo7

Last edited:
Um - I thought it was established that this picture was not Brians bedroom and was taken from when the property was last listed for sale. Or am I incorrect?
I think it was determined that it was from a previous listing before GP and BL were a thing. It probably means nothing in the big picture of things regarding her being welcome or accommodated in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288