Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless, of course, the lawyer and CL are going to rehabilitate themselves by going on the search and 'finding Brian'.. (( right where they left him ) ... oh, happy day, here's Brian!!.. cue balloons, crying mum, overjoyed sister.. sure.. I can see it now..

Gabby Petito’s parents couldn’t stomach 911 call over domestic incident: ‘I didn’t listen to the whole thing'

"I want to see him in a jail cell for the rest of his life."

That was Joe Petito's message on Wednesday to Brian Laundrie if the former fiancé of his slaindaughter had anything to do with her death.

They discussed their desire for Brian Laundrie to be apprehended alive, what they are planning with the Gabby Petito Foundation, and their reaction to a 911call for a domestic incident between the couple.

During that 911 call, a witness told dispatch that he saw Gabby and Brian fighting over a phone and "the gentleman was slapping the girl."

"I didn't listen to the whole call. I can't do it," Joe said in the interview Wednesday. "I just can't do it."

Gabby's mom agreed, saying that she was "angry because it didn't make any sense."

As someone who used to work in a coffee shop, it's not too crazy for someone to sit and work on their laptop for that length of time, especially if they are working on a project and need the wifi.

Well I think he sat there patiently for 6 hours and probably felt.she was.getting overwhelmed. She seemed upset by the blog
I think he just wanted her to step away for a time! Maybe this was why he felt she couldn't do it! I don't think they even thought ppl.were.watching!
What if no one had called the cops that day!
They we're not stopped by LE!
Would the outcome have been different?

They should.have.packed up.and came home when it was not fun anymore!

From the article linked...

Lawyer: Brian Laundrie's father agrees to join search for son

That to me sounds like they think he is guilty. Just my opinion.

(Also BBM)
QUOTE="514Caledonia, post: 17166072, member: 202541"]Families are different. Some talk about everything and everybody. Others sweep things under the rug (hoping it will disappear). Or maybe BL had given a plausible explanation and CL believed it, or as she said, perhaps important or creepy things are not discussed around the children. Every family has their own specific dynamics. We don't know enough about this family except that their son has killed Gabby, so I would say there is some serious dysfunctional stuff going on in at least one member. (Edited their to there. )[/QUOTE]

Did BL tell his family that he and GP were just taking another break? Did he tell them that GP left him? Did he actually confess to attacking her?

Im wondering if someone who is internet saavy, as I would expect someone in BL's age range and who is an aspiring influencer would be, might they think to use some type of Incognito tab like Google Chrome offers, which doesnt save browsing history or cookies to your device to look up something relating to covering their tracks? Either of the crime itself, how to cover it up afterwards, or how to "disappear". Although I think a service provider would still be able to tell... But I also think LE would need a specific warrant for that activity from the service provider. Anyone know how that works and at what point in this investigation they would be able to get such a warrant? Again, just throwing possibilities out here.

He might have used a VPN with a browser like Duck Duck Go or Tor. Def possible.

As a side note...please be aware that incognito tabs on Chrome and other mainstream browsers are not as private as you may think. The internet provider still knows your internet history. Using incognito or even clearing your history and cookies doesn't do anything to keep your ISP from logging your history. VPN's help you get around the ISP, but not always if you don't know what you're doing.

If that's the case then maybe he'll join DTBH's search team.
That would be a hoot...and get Dog more press, lol. jmo
Unless, of course, the lawyer and CL are going to rehabilitate themselves by going on the search and 'finding Brian'.. (( right where they left him ) ... oh, happy day, here's Brian!!.. cue balloons, crying mum, overjoyed sister.. sure.. I can see it now..
And then the book and the book tour.....jmo

Smart move, as his attorney knows full well that law enforcement isn't going to allow it.

Optics.
But I thought LE requested it? Or do you think the lawyer is lying? Seems like it would be a stupid lie as it's so easy to refute.

I couldn't access the article so please excuse my ignorance if I misinterpreted what is happening.

Just for the future, my mom has Newsday so I can get the articles online for free if you ever need them.
Could you post the details. I read a little before the pay wall hit.

I read the father had not been allowed to search and was ask to joint search certain areas by a detective. I can't quote. Would love to know more.

This may be an important development, if LE is requesting the dad. LE must have evidence or be extremely convinced BL is in the reserve.

Moo

Gabby Petito’s family tells Dr. Phil that Brian Laundrie’s parents never replied to their calls | WFLA

The family told Dr. Phil that when they stopped hearing from Gabby, they first called and texted Brian Laundrie’s parents, but the couple never replied.

“A normal parent, when you text someone that ‘you’re gonna call the cops cause you can’t find your child’ they would reply,” Gabby’s father Joseph Petito said. “No response. No nothing.”

“I do believe they know a lot more information than they’re putting out there,” Petito’s mother Nichole Schmidt added.

When asked about the Petito’s family’s claims, a lawyer for the Laundrie family told NBC “no comment.”

Petito’s family said Gabby and Brian used to camp and hike along the Appalachian Trail and spent time in the North Carolina woods.

Here's the first article:

By Nicole Fullernicole.fuller@newsday.com @NicoleFullerUpdated October 6, 2021 6:54 PM
By clicking Sign up, you agree to our privacy policy.

Bertolino said Christopher Laundrie is "excited" to help in the search for his son, adding that the father searched the reserve for Brian Laundrie on the night of Sept. 13 when his son didn't return home from a hike there. The following day, Bertolino said, both of Brian Laundrie's parents spent 4 to 5 hours hiking through the reserve in an attempt to locate their son.

"He was excited to go because he hasn't been allowed in the park," Bertolino said. "The park has been closed to the public. … The only place they would look for Brian is in the park."

Bertolino, of East Islip, said the couple is "distraught" and hope authorities find their son soon.

"They are distraught and they are upset and they are hopeful that their son will be found," Bertolino said. "And we will deal with what needs to be dealt with at that time."

Laundrie, who had returned home without Petito from a cross-country trip on Sept. 1, refused to speak to police after Petito was reported missing. The couple, both graduates of Bayport-Blue Point High School, embarked on the road trip in Petito’s white van with a final destination of Portland, Oregon.

Authorities have searched the reserve for several days since Laundrie was reported missing Sept. 17. Petito’s body was found two days later in a national forest in Wyoming. Her death was ruled a homicide.

Bertolino on Tuesday also augmented the timeline of events in the case, saying after consulting with the FBI, Laundrie’s parents now believe they last saw him on Sept. 13, not the 14th, as they previously said. Bertolino also revealed Tuesday that five days after Laundrie and Petito got into a physical altercation in Utah, Laundrie flew back to Florida to empty a storage unit the couple shared, before heading back to Utah on a plane several days later to "rejoin" Petito on the trip.

Her family reported her missing after she stopped answering calls and texts from them in late August.

Bertolino said Laundrie’s parents believe their son is either in the reserve or another hiking area and said they have no plans to publicly plead for their son, who is wanted by the FBI on an arrest warrant for alleged credit card fraud, to surrender to authorities.

"The parents don’t believe he’s watching the news in any way shape or form … they believe he’s in the preserve or some other type of wilderness area if he has left the preserve," Bertolino said. "So putting out a plea publicly and getting scrutiny for that is not necessarily in their best interest."

Bertolino also disputed the narrative that Laundrie is a survivalist who could hide out in the wilderness for an extended period. Authorities in North Carolina have investigated several alleged sightings of Laundrie along the Appalachian Trail, which stretches from Maine to Georgia.

"I don’t know who put the term 'survivalist' out there," Bertolino said. "Brian is a hiker. He’s a camper. I don’t think it goes beyond that."
Oh this is going to be interesting. lol

I was wondering when someone would urge him to do that. I was wondering that just today. Wow, and it's been over three weeks now? Hmmmmm.

Right? And I was wondering- they couldn’t have stopped me or my children’s other parent from searching. Who needs an invitation to find their kid?

they looked for him for hours on the 13th and 14th? But didnt report him missing until Fri afternoon , the 17th and said that he was missing since the 14th. Hmm

If they're now claiming that they "looked for him for hours" on Mon 13th and Tues 14th then are there independent witnesses to corroborate their claim?

Media was camped outside their house by then, right? I'm sure someone would know if they'd left the house for hours on either of those two days.

Also, if they were seen leaving on those days to supposedly "search for hours", was their attire suitable for that of a search in a swampy parkland area for their son!? I can't imagine that RL's denim cut-offs, blouse and sandals would cut it in that kind of environment.

Unless their "search" consisted of searching their own home :rolleyes:

MOO

I can’t imagine CL offering that at this point but also odd that LE has asked him to.
I would agree. When someone’s child is missing, they don’t allow family to search with the trained searchers, but they usually give them something to do to feel helpful. But that’s also when parents want to do anything to find their child and also when their child is missing not on the run. Something seems off here. & why now?

Regarding the Fox 13 Chopper/Heli footage & todays search in the swamp:

They're following the Power Line Trail. I see numerous LE vehicles and a large white van with a pale blue awning / canopy parked on the bridge that goes over the Big Slough Canal. There's a black & orange buggy that's going back and forth between another group of LE vehicles and the large white van with the awning / canopy.
I'm attaching a map marking the Power Line Trail, the swamp location of where LE is on the bridge, location of the white van w/ awning and where they are in reference to the Laundrie house.
It's quite close imo.

This area they are searching is the Mykahatchee Creek Environmental Park where LE actually found the Mustang. This park has been closed to the public since Sept. 23. I looked this park up and here's a list of the amenities from their website:
AMENITIES:
  1. Bike Trail
  2. Birding
  3. Dog Friendly
  4. Equestrian Trails
  5. Fishing
  6. Green Space
  7. Nature Preserve
  8. Outdoor Grill
  9. Parking Lot
  10. Pavilion Without Electricity
  11. Picnic Tables
  12. Primitive Camp
  13. Restrooms
  14. Walking Trails (Unpaved)
This seems a much more logical place for BL to hide initially than the gator infested Carlton Reserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie