Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're now claiming that they "looked for him for hours" on Mon 13th and Tues 14th then are there independent witnesses to corroborate their claim?

Media was camped outside their house by then, right? I'm sure someone would know if they'd left the house for hours on either of those two days.

Also, if they were seen leaving on those days to supposedly "search for hours", was their attire suitable for that of a search in a swampy parkland area for their son!? I can't imagine that RL's denim cut-offs, blouse and sandals would cut it in that kind of environment.

Unless their "search" consisted of searching their own home :rolleyes:

MOO

Nope, imo

My guess is that LE searchers in Carlton Reserve are showing signs that someone is in there. They are hoping that BL’s father can flush him out. If this is the case, though BL may not be a survivalist, he is certainly more skilled in maneuvering around in that Reserve than the searchers.

She had been somewhere between Moab and SLC for the last few days. Surely she had something to post from the days of August 13-17th when he left her for Florida? And if they did break up at that point like some people suggest, then it makes sense she didn't post. But what happened for those 4 days is the real question? And then she stayed in a hotel for another few days, which adds more questions. MOO
Certainly, it was unlikely to have been fun times in those few days after Moab, getting stopped and almost arrested by police is a pretty upsetting experience for most people, I know I wouldn't be able to just shake that off and go right back to being kooky fun travellers, taking photos of everything and posting it on insta.

She seems to have been preoccupied with finishing her 8 min video that would launch the youtube channel, and she did complete that and upload it while in SLC. That is a very long video, I know from personal experience it can take months for even experienced professionals to complete something that long, with so much care and attention as she put into it, trying to make it perfect, ie endless edits.

She also wanted to launch the website, and linked to it from the intro on the youtube channel, but it never was finished. So, she had a few days in SLC, where it didn't get it done. I don't know whether she had all the technical skills and tools she needed, but I would also guess this was procrastination caused by self-doubt, confusion about the future, mulling over what had gone wrong, worry, etc.

Good for them. Drop in the bucket honestly with the overhead some of these stations are working with. Doesn't surprise me in the least. While respectful I'm sure, having people trample your lawn and hang out on your driveway 24 hours a day can wear thin pretty quick. Everyone wants justice for Gabby but as we've seen it's impacted the neighbor's lives including health related issues

And “he’s excited”?? So weird! It will be good for him to see all the work and money that this hunt has taken so far.
IMO, “excited” is a word you use when you’re going on vacation or you land a great job. It is not the word you use when you’re asked to participate in searching for your son, who’s been missing for 3 weeks and has a federal warrant out for his arrest. I doubt Gabby’s stepdad would have used that word when he flew out to Wyoming. That word choice by SB is grotesque.

My husband just asked me again today why in the hell BL is still not labeled a suspect.

Almost 3 million spent on searching for a person being charged with $1,000 bank fraud charge.

Besides all the case maneuvering reasons, there is another reason. Richard Jewel. And Steven Hatfill. The FBI screwed themselves by naming them suspects, and they turned out not to be the real criminals, and basically, being labeled suspect by the FBI ruined their lives. Since then, the FBI is very slow to use the term “suspect”

And “he’s excited”?? So weird! It will be good for him to see all the work and money that this hunt has taken so far.

From the article:

"He was excited to go because he hasn't been allowed in the park," Bertolino said. "The park has been closed to the public. … The only place they would look for Brian is in the park."

I can’t find anything about that anywhere on the internet except for that article. & it’s behind a pay wall…seems a little sus to me haha! JMO.

I honestly thought the same thing and checked for other articles mentioning it, too, before posting. But it seems to be a legit news source. Maybe someone there is friends with Mr. Bertolino and he gave them the scoop. Both he and the paper are based out of the NYC area.

Newsday Bias and Reliability - from Ad Fontes Media
Newsday

Possibly not quite true, it is a very sneaky way of the lawyer putting his client up as the new picture of Distraught Dad, after a month of Dystopian Dad not paying off in the public perception.
Lol. I can see a follow up statement tomorrow about "wires being crossed," and the attorney saying that law enforcement doesn't want his client's help, but he is willing to assist in any way he can.

I find this to be incredibly dubious.

Gabby’s stepdad revealed on Dr. Phil that her body was found near a campsite about a 5-10 minute walk from where the van was parked, but was off the beaten path. He spoke about visiting the location on the outskirts of where her body was found. He described seeing the remnants of a fire ring (he saw rocks had been moved to make a fire ring) and a clearing where a tent would’ve been placed. He said that Gabby’s remains were discovered just in front of the area where the tent and fire would have been.

“The dispersed campgrounds are basically just open land where anybody can go and camp and where her van was basically alongside what was a creek bed. If you cross over the creek bed once you get over the other side it’s trees sparsely placed around and a lot of sagebrushes. He further added that you would have to want to go out over to that area. People go down to go by the creek but not a lot of people cross all the way over there, it’s not a place that is heavily trafficked.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288