Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could he have possibly gone to the Reserve for surrender only to PROTECT his parents? In other words, to give credence to their prior false statements. MOO IMO Just thinking out loud.

If he is in there for a surrender, after the deep, deep, dive these experts have been performing there for 2 weeks, I'm inclined to think he just recently arrived. MOO IMO
That may make sense for him to just get there, If he was thinking that they are finished searching.

Excited because he misses going to the park! lololol. How about missing work? Or your daughter? This is too much. jmo

It is grotesque.... a lot about this entire situation is grotesque... ..

I cannot imagine any LE allowing an 'excited' person, much less the POI"s excited father around a highly orchestrated search.. the potential for real mayhem would be so escalated...

I didn't think I could be shocked but I'm shocked. Why can't they just give my dude Mr. Laundrie a map and tell him to circle where they go? You'd think they would have done this the day he went missing? But now he's all Mr. Helpful going out to search for his son?

Did the Petito's attorney suggest the BL may have flown to Florida after Gabby passed away, using HER card? Then flew back to recover her van and drive it to Florida? ( did someone fly with him to recover her van) Could this account for the large amounts charged to her card in a short period of time?
My own confused theory.

Brian Laundrie's survival skills are 'mediocre,' sister Cassie says

Florida fugitive Brian Laundrie, the fiancé of slain van life blogger Gabby Petito, has arguably become the most wanted man in America after slipping into hiding following reports of her disappearance on Sept. 11.

But the so-called outdoorsman is only "a mediocre survivalist," according to his sister, Cassie Laundrie, who urged him to surrender to authorities in an interview with ABC News this week.

"I'd say Brian's a mediocre survivalist," she told the outlet. "It wouldn't surprise me if he could last out there a very long time. But also, I don't think anything would surprise me at this point."

The comments contradict statements from Petito's friends, who say they believe Laundrie could do well living off the land.

"I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he’s skilled at it," Rose Davis told the Daily Mail earlier in the saga.

Still, experts have raised questions about how long Laundrie could survive outdoors, with life as a wanted man more difficult than outdoor hobbyist.
Can’t attach too much credibility to this one imo. First, Cassie doesn’t stike me as someone who would know much about survival herself. Second, she’s pissed & had enough of this BS situation. Third, the reason BL is still at large is because everyone keeps downgrading his skill level & determination. If Grandma Gatewood can hike the entire AT with her pillowcase pack- twice, no less, BL can hide for a long time. Moo

@10ofRods is a font of technical sleuthing niches.... Wait a minute, coprology dogs? We're getting a sample of Brian's poop from the house (real hard if there's no diapers), giving the coprology dogs the scent, and then sending the coprology dogs into the swamp park, and if they signal, they've got Brian's poop and know that he's been there, and likely at least a significant amount of time. (I don't know anyone who poops shortly after arriving leaving the trailhead, so poop would suggest a lengthy trip like an overnight.)
I wonder if BL kept a pee bottle in the van..... That would be very helpful....

possibly something at one of the camp sites or some unwashed undies at home- dogs have very sensitive noses and if you are hiking in a warm climate, there will be urination or death IMO

From the above link:
"Steve Petito took to social media Tuesday to blast Laundrie's attorney accusing him of being 'as guilty and complicit with this massive cover-up'

'As far as the law is concerned this law firm may be immune due to attorney/client privilege,' he wrote.

'But in the eyes of the public you are as guilty and complicit with this massive cover-up and stalling tactic.'"

I could only take one class in law, lol. It upset me too much to discover that legal justice and moral justice were so often at odds. And so it is in life.

That he agreed is too little too late, imo.

Re-posting from the same article. He wasn't allowed to search the park before. Which makes total sense.

"He was excited to go because he hasn't been allowed in the park," Bertolino said. "The park has been closed to the public. … The only place they would look for Brian is in the park."

Brian Laundrie's survival skills are 'mediocre,' sister Cassie says

Florida fugitive Brian Laundrie, the fiancé of slain van life blogger Gabby Petito, has arguably become the most wanted man in America after slipping into hiding following reports of her disappearance on Sept. 11.

But the so-called outdoorsman is only "a mediocre survivalist," according to his sister, Cassie Laundrie, who urged him to surrender to authorities in an interview with ABC News this week.

"I'd say Brian's a mediocre survivalist," she told the outlet. "It wouldn't surprise me if he could last out there a very long time. But also, I don't think anything would surprise me at this point."

The comments contradict statements from Petito's friends, who say they believe Laundrie could do well living off the land.

"I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he’s skilled at it," Rose Davis told the Daily Mail earlier in the saga.

Still, experts have raised questions about how long Laundrie could survive outdoors, with life as a wanted man more difficult than outdoor hobbyist.

I almost feel like BL's sister used the term "mediocre" when she actually meant something else. Because she says that in the same sentence as "It wouldn't surprise me if he could last out there a very long time." Those two things just seem kinda contradictory. JMO. Like either she just used the wrong term (on the spot in an interview, I know I can get tongue tied or nervous and do that in awkward situations) or she actually thought it meant something better/good.

I've been catching up on the thread, and sat here thinking about BL's family, especially his parents. It's easy to find them despicable. Their actions appear cold hearted and evil, maybe even criminal.

Then I sat here and wondered how people could be this cruel, and are they? Or, is this a situation where they desperately love their son, panicked, and made some very bad decisions that they don't know how to undo or fix.

I don't know the answer to the question I pose, but I do know that the only answer for this couple is to come forth with humility and courage, and speak the truth. It is the only real path forward. I pray that they have this insight and do the right thing for themselves, and their family.

Even though I find it difficult to do so, I am sincerely going to pray for them.

Amateur opinion and speculation

It is grotesque.... a lot about this entire situation is grotesque... ..

I cannot imagine any LE allowing an 'excited' person, much less the POI"s excited father around a highly orchestrated search.. the potential for real mayhem would be so escalated...

I hope he's not too excited LE might have to calm him down by throwing some bracelets on him.

Gabby’s stepdad revealed on Dr. Phil that her body was found near a campsite about a 5-10 minute walk from where the van was parked, but was off the beaten path. He spoke about visiting the location on the outskirts of where her body was found. He described seeing the remnants of a fire ring (he saw rocks had been moved to make a fire ring) and a clearing where a tent would’ve been placed. He said that Gabby’s remains were discovered just in front of the area where the tent and fire would have been.

“The dispersed campgrounds are basically just open land where anybody can go and camp and where her van was basically alongside what was a creek bed. If you cross over the creek bed once you get over the other side it’s trees sparsely placed around and a lot of sagebrushes. He further added that you would have to want to go out over to that area. People go down to go by the creek but not a lot of people cross all the way over there, it’s not a place that is heavily trafficked.”
An incredibly touching episode! Tissues required. sad face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member