Found Safe UK - Antonino Coppola, 23, from Richmond, Surrey, missing from Bow, East London, 16 Sep 2021

Met Police has shared a couple more photos of AC coming out of station.
:
UPDATED: Appeal to locate missing man last seen in Bow

pi7x7s3qtadrsainwhfy.jpg

mnv5fgesxt5uwwzln1vo.jpg

In my mind I was imagining if someone felt so unwell they were about to be sick any minute, that they'd be hunched over a little bit, or holding their mouth or stomach but I can't really tell anything from the body language in those CCTV photos

And those are steps, not an escalator, right? I was unsure for a minute, because of the parallel line pattern that looked a bit like escalator treads, but I think they're a photographic artefact as they're on his shoes and trousers too.

So that means he's rushing up a flight of stairs, taking the steps two at a time if you look at his foot placement. Even at his age, and assuming a good level of general fitness, I would have thought most people would struggle to do that while acutely unwell.

I certainly think it blows the appendicitis theory. People with appendicitis can't bear anything that jiggles or bounces their abdomen.

JMO

And those are steps, not an escalator, right? I was unsure for a minute, because of the parallel line pattern that looked a bit like escalator treads, but I think they're a photographic artefact as they're on his shoes and trousers too.

So that means he's rushing up a flight of stairs, taking the steps two at a time if you look at his foot placement. Even at his age, and assuming a good level of general fitness, I would have thought most people would struggle to do that while acutely unwell.

I certainly think it blows the appendicitis theory. People with appendicitis can't bear anything that jiggles or bounces their abdomen.

JMO

If you want to vomit you would run to get away to vomit outside. Ditto if you feel diarrhorea about to erupt too.

The trainers are a strange colour. There's a better photo on the link above, taken at a different time

These ones? Yes, perhaps they're the same as you can just see the swoosh logo even though the whole appearance is much darker. They look totally different in CCTV and also aren't really what I imagined by 'orange'. 'Butterscotch' might be a better description.

u9ns6lbcnplvrut1xxxk.jpg

Do you mean Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park?

Yes. If you take the left fork in the road into Tidworth road and keep going you end up at a dead end (just past Wellington Way). There are CCTV cameras on the buildings at the bottom of Tidworth road. I posted google map links to where I suggest they look/search. Note the CCTV too. I think he potentially hopped over the wall into the Cemetery Park. Its a quiet corner of the park. The park is very overgrown. Equally there are so many businesses in the arches of the railway with single doors and bigger doors. Could he have nipped in and a door shut behind him. I also asked this early on. I will try and link the maps links again here. Each link looks the same but click on them and they open to different views. Edited to say if you took the right fork some interesting places you could have gone there.

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Regarding Antonino Coppola

The problem is that missing men are often not a priority for Police in UK. JMO MOO.

Someone who knows him should go ask all the local businesses and the train station if they have any CCTV footage as often the Police are too busy to do that. Before any footage gets wiped.

I've looked on Google maps. If you stand at the only entrance of Bow Road Station and look for somewhere that might have a bathroom (a cafe or pub or possibly a petrol station) you would tend to turn left, but as you walk along there its all estate agents and schools, a car or van sales (or rental?) place and eventually after a long walk (if you are desperate for the toilet, as the video stated) you find a Cafe Romana. However if you turned right, even though you can't see much to the right there is a pub the other side of the bridge. Maybe he knew the area or I wonder if he was a stranger to that area?

To go missing in the middle of the day is very strange. JMO MOO

I have to point out that the notion of British police not considering missing men as a priority is totally incorrect. So is the oft repeated belief that one has to be 'missing' for 24 hours before the police will take a report from a concerned party.

All persons reported missing are now the subject of Risk of Harm Assessment using all that is known about the subject and the circumstances surrounding their disappearance. The police response is dependant on the outcome of the assessment. New information will result in a re-assessment of the risk.

I have to point out that the notion of British police not considering missing men as a priority is totally incorrect. So is the oft repeated belief that one has to be 'missing' for 24 hours before the police will take a report from a concerned party.

All persons reported missing are now the subject of Risk of Harm Assessment using all that is known about the subject and the circumstances surrounding their disappearance. The police response is dependant on the outcome of the assessment. New information will result in a re-assessment of the risk.
Thank you for clarifying that. That makes me a lot happier to know that. It's strange because @Angleterre (also Verified Law Enforcement) agreed with me in one of the posts. I'm having trouble linking the names successfully the past few weeks so not sure if Angleterre will read this or not.

My second reply to you. Can I ask where you think he might have gone after turning into Mornington Grove? I know you don't have a crystal ball but your experience and your SAR too might give you some intuition or some places to consider?

He doesn't look particularly unwell or struggling in the photos.

I'm starting to wonder if it was a planned disappearance?

Leave the luggage with his friend on the platform, and off he goes.....

I think the MET police will have to start wading through some more CCTV to try to follow where he went.

If the trail goes cold, then perhaps he got into a car or taxi?

There have been no reports of a body being discovered, which also leads me to think planned disappearance and not a homicide or suicide.

The petrol station had a review that said in the past (I forget when but not this year) a gang of boys on bikes had surrounded customers and demanded petrol.
Why would a gang of boys want petrol? Again, to reiterate, this was not from this year.

Because it's expensive to buy, so it's easier to rob people for it at a petrol station and drive off, having just filled the tank on your motorbike for free....
the motorbikes which probably have fake registrations numbers too.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back