Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Laundrie: Remnants of recently used campsite found at the Florida reserve that has been focus of search, source says - CNN

Here’s some additional info on LE “requesting help” from Brian’s father:
Unsure who this source close to the family is…

Earlier, law enforcement had asked his father to show them trails that his son was known to have used, but then told him that because of the discovery, they wanted to search the area alone.
Sure hope CNN doesn't think they got some big scoop. SB will text with anybody and everybody. JMO

So funny story that just happened to me. It’s KINDA off topic but kinda not.

I was in my old neighborhood with my old neighbors over there. (Mind you I live about an hour east of BL) We went out for a ride to try and get their baby to sleep and we get back and a vacant house (my old house ironically) across the street was lit up and a van was in the driveway with the hood up. So I call it in to dispatch and describe the dude (yep, bald with a beard, it was dark and I couldn’t see his hands) because as far as everyone knew nobody was supposed to be in that house. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BL! So we’re standing outside and my neighbor starts whispering that the sheriffs were walking up the road to the house. I turn around and they have the K9 and running. They go up and announce themselves and the dog is going NUTS! Then about 6 more deputies come walking up. They come over and talk to me asking questions and when they finally figured out the people were allowed to be there, I told the deputy that talked to me that I was sorry. It seemed suspicious and there’s kids that live right around. So, he says it’s okay. I said please tell the k9 I’m sorry for wasting his time, I didn’t realize the whole dang department was gonna come out. He looked me dead in the face and says.. “it’s okay, all LE is on alert. We had so much back up because we thought it could have been Brian Laundrie.” I kinda giggled to myself because.. well, I’m on Websleuths! I was like “yeah that would be WEIRD!”

I wonder if there was evidence that a fire had been lit in the fire ring where LE found Gabby.
I've believed for some time now that she died on the 27th in the afternoon / evening since the last sighting of her was in the restaurant where the fight took place so publicly.
That, imo, would help to zero in on time of death... no?

I don’t know but the way her stepfather paints the scene there must have been one. He said her body was next to the fire circle and near the spot where he would have put a tent (for the views).

She was a tiny little thing. Men are much stronger than women are. Add rage and it doesn't take that much to fatally harm someone. Jmo

I think she was of average height and weight for her age, and that Brian was on the slight side. If you have a link otherwise, I'm happy to be corrected. If she died as a result of an attack by him, I think it was the result of an unfortunate fall or similar.

So funny story that just happened to me. It’s KINDA off topic but kinda not.

I was in my old neighborhood with my old neighbors over there. (Mind you I live about an hour east of BL) We went out for a ride to try and get their baby to sleep and we get back and a vacant house (my old house ironically) across the street was lit up and a van was in the driveway with the hood up. So I call it in to dispatch and describe the dude (yep, bald with a beard, it was dark and I couldn’t see his hands) because as far as everyone knew nobody was supposed to be in that house. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BL! So we’re standing outside and my neighbor starts whispering that the sheriffs were walking up the road to the house. I turn around and they have the K9 and running. They go up and announce themselves and the dog is going NUTS! Then about 6 more deputies come walking up. They come over and talk to me asking questions and when they finally figured out the people were allowed to be there, I told the deputy that talked to me that I was sorry. It seemed suspicious and there’s kids that live right around. So, he says it’s okay. I said please tell the k9 I’m sorry for wasting his time, I didn’t realize the whole dang department was gonna come out. He looked me dead in the face and says.. “it’s okay, all LE is on alert. We had so much back up because we thought it could have been Brian Laundrie.” I kinda giggled to myself because.. well, I’m on Websleuths! I was like “yeah that would be WEIRD!”

That's great. I'm glad other LE are taking this seriously from the start (looking hard at you, NPPD).

He seems kind of a slight and unfit dude to beat someone to death easily. jmo
I’ve wondered if he had a gun and she was shot considering her death is homicide - we are waiting on the how? jmo
(Note - no link because by now, we all know Gabby is dead because of homicidal violence -make no mistake JMO)

I’ve always thought this — maybe he thought between the text to Mom pinging somewhere and the digital trail leading to somewhere specific, the authorities would spend time searching for her elsewhere and maybe never find her in Grand Teton. Nothing he did was a fully thought through idea from the moment Gabby was murdered, clearly.
However, I guess that’s what makes this case so fascinating. Everything that he did was so bold, so dishonest, and so chaotic.
I’ve thought from the beginning that BL and his family didn’t feel her body would be discovered for a very long time!

There was someone in the van closing the door at 6-6:30PM in the dash cam footage.

Possibly and there were also flip flops and some other things stacked right outside the door. If they had a camp fire, though, then I would think it would have been later in the evening that they'd set up the tent or whatever across the creek.

Maybe they didn't camp. Maybe he carried her and staged it. It is possible. And stage as in burn evidence. I just hope he did not try to burn her. I'm sorry for being graphic but IMO this does happen. It doesn not look like this was the case here but he might have burned other evidence if they found remnants of a "campfire". MOO IMO JMO
I don't think he hung around for very long after he killed her. He went on an ill-equipped "hike" soon after, to find a shower (and maybe an ATM?) and possibly ditched any obvious evidence along his "hike".. jmo

I’m guessing BL’s father is seeing the handwriting on the wall after his own daughter spoke quite unfavorably about her parents and also asked BL to turn himself in. This is no doubt the unraveling of this family and their secrets. JMHO
Oh, @makayla, I hope you are right about this -- but I don't want to buy the saddle before I get the horse, so to speak.
It would be nice to see Cassie get some credit for doing the right thing, too.
Crossing my fingers and hoping for justice for Gabby and her folks -- soon.

Maybe they didn't camp. Maybe he carried her and staged it. It is possible. And stage as in burn evidence. I just hope he did not try to burn her. I'm sorry for being graphic but IMO this does happen. It doesn not look like this was the case here but he might have burned other evidence if they found remnants of a "campfire". MOO IMO JMO

It was a TINY campfire, with a few burned twigs and some ash, it wasn't the size you would burn much in let alone a body.

I don’t know. I just feel like her stepdad saw the way that it actually was. When he speaks he doesn’t equivocate at all. If he wasn’t sure I don’t think he would have expressed it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DawnoftheDead