Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that the point of "dispersed camping"? It means camping outside of a designated campground.

Dispersed camping is the term used for camping anywhere in the National Forest OUTSIDE of a designated campground. Dispersed camping means no services; such as trash removal, and little or no facilities; such as tables and fire pits, are provided. Some popular dispersed camping areas may have toilets.

So yes, outside of a designated campground, but even with dispersed camping some places have designated camping areas. I think spread creek had numbered campsites.

Fishlake National Forest - Recreation

And this is one reason LE isn’t announcing the manner of death. IMOO if BL is found alive it’s in LE’s interest to let BL give his version of events that led to her death.

Respectfully, they have announced the manner of death: homicide. Death at the hand of another.

(True fun fact: the manner of death listed for executed criminals is homicide.)

Cause of death is different. Strangulation, poisoning, yada yada yada...the possibilities are much wider.

Respectfully, they have announced the manner of death: homicide. Death at the hand of another.

(True fun fact: the manner of death listed for executed criminals is homicide.)

Cause of death is different. Strangulation, poisoning, yada yada yada...the possibilities are much wider.
Another favorite lazy COD given for nature death is heart failure. Well duh! Lol. Jmo

Wait, from these links in guessing the campfire evidence was found where Gabby's body was found, in the dispersed camping area?

Maybe I used the wrong term-- I've seen 'reserve' and 'preserve' used interchangeably (I believe) to discuss the swamp by the L home in Florida where they have searched endlessly. THIS area is where I was hoping the campfire remnants were found.

The campfire news tonight regarded the Reserve. MOO

Here are links to all pics of the scene and when you look at them together you can easily orient yourself MOO. You can see the 2 separate areas where they collected evidence and the 2 separate crosses, one laid at each area.

Petito’s death ruled a homicide, experts see Laundrie as abuser

Wyoming U.S. District Court issues arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie in Petito case

Spread Creek area closed in search for Gabby Petito

FBI searches Florida home of Petito's boyfriend; autopsy scheduled for Tuesday

MOO

The passerby said the van was parked near the road and that the van appeared empty. That leads me to think he took her for that 5 minute walk from the van and across the creek where her body was found. After she’s murdered, does he leave the van there to take off on his hitch hiking expedition to Jackson? And then return to the van so he has a ride back to Florida ?
sounds like it. RW& Bethune passed by the evening of the 27th, that would have been after his blowout tantrum at the restaurant. So imo he was so angry that she went back in to apologize for his behavior that he killed her just after they got back. Which kind of fits in with the furtiveness of the van door closing just as RW&B went slowly by. But who knows.

I hope tomorrow they make a move. Arrest him or the parents.

“The following periods of delay shall be excluded in computing the time within which … the trial of any such offense must commence:

… a defendant or an essential witness shall be considered absent when his whereabouts are unknown and, in addition, he is attempting to avoid apprehension or prosecution or his whereabouts cannot be determined by due diligence. For purposes of such subparagraph, a defendant or an essential witness shall be considered unavailable whenever his whereabouts are known but his presence for trial cannot be obtained by due diligence or he resists appearing at or being returned for trial.’ 18 U.S. Code § 3161(h)(3) (A) and (B))

18 U.S. Code § 3161 - Time limits and exclusions

MOO He had a history of at least once grabbing her face. Its not much effort, if enraged, to move you hand a little lower and strangle her. Or, for the people fixated on the cellphone, he snatched it out of her hand and supplied blunt force trauma with it. And thats why her phone stopped working. But then, there are the texts from her phone.

sigh, this. I’ve had this inkling for about two weeks that GP’s mom knows something, that BL did or said something that let her know that he had done something to GP. it’s a gut feeling, based mostly on things she has and hasn’t said. It occurred to me that it might be a picture. My first thought was her Apple Watch, but I was told they don’t take photos. But this. perhaps when BL snatches the phone he speed dials GP’s mom and she sees or hears some part of this. Jmo

Wait, from these links in guessing the campfire evidence was found where Gabby's body was found, in the dispersed camping area?

Maybe I used the wrong term-- I've seen 'reserve' and 'preserve' used interchangeably (I believe) to discuss the swamp by the L home in Florida where they have searched endlessly. THIS area is where I was hoping the campfire remnants were found.
No campfire tonight is completely different. A CNN report that one was found in the reserve. Others have posted on that in here not me so I have no link for you.

The BMI scale is known to be seriously flawed, just FYI.

I agree. It's understood in the broadest terms that women are shorter & weigh less then men. I'm not sure why GP's weight is being discussed in such detail, & I find it unseemly. The particular details of woman's weight & BMI (is she thin, average, etc) plays absolutely no meaningful role in this or any instance of DV/intimate partner homicide. All a man needs is willpower & maybe a weapon. It has nothing to do whatsoever with what she or anyone ever weighed. JMO

sounds like it. RW& Bethune passed by the evening of the 27th, that would have been after his blowout tantrum at the restaurant. So imo he was so angry that she went back in to apologize for his behavior that he killed her just after they got back. Which kind of fits in with the furtiveness of the van door closing just as RW&B went slowly by. But who knows.
And her sandals on the ground at the back of the van. It looks like a book maybe as well? I can picture her sitting at the back of the van reading and him grabbing her violently from behind, yanking her in the van, her sandals falling off of her feet. Sigh. Jmo

I imagined it was metaphorical. So close and yet so far away from safety?
The place she used the internet was across the street, per interview on an interview by the media. The lady mentioned that the FBI had cameras outside the building. So perhaps its nothing, or perhaps the cameras recorded something. I don't believe thE FBI will reveal anything until a trial. I think the limited information about LE comes in drips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks