Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, with nearly 4 full days lead time, the trail was cold before they started searching. He could be anywhere. He could have hitchhiked, hopped a bus or a train, gone to a big city and found an abandoned building to hide out in... so many possibilities. I would not bet the rent that he is still in Carlton Reserve.
IMO I agree and IMHGut, I believe it was more than 4 days lead time. MOO

Well that's disheartening. I, along with everyone else, just want a break in this case to happen so badly. It seemed promising- but I suppose that campfire could have been from anytime, possibly from anyone who spent time in that reserve. But maybe NOT from just anyone since I haven't heard/ read anywhere that people actually camp there when it's open to the public. So there may be a reasonable chance it was from BL, but again, we have no idea from when. Sometimes I feel like following crime cases gets to be bad for my mental health-- kidding (but kinda not kidding, lol!)

I don't believe anything panned out from that. FBI didn't even go. They delegated it to local LE from what I understand. Not 100% sure. MOO. Someone please jump in if anything came of that campfire. Thx.

Brian Laundrie's parents are 'hopeful' they'll be able to assist in the search for their son soon, attorney says

The parents of Brian Laundrie, the missing Florida man who is a person of interest in the case of his deceased fiancé, Gabby Petito, are "hopeful" they'll be able to join the search for their missing son soon, the family's lawyer told Insider.

Attorney Steven Bertolino said Laundrie's parents, Chris and Roberta, still believe their son is somewhere in Sarasota County's vast Carlton Reserve, where he is said to have told his family he was going for a hike the last time they saw him on September 13. Laundrie's parents told authorities he left with only a backpack.

Bertolino said Laundrie's father, Chris, was asked to assist law enforcement in their search for Brian at the preserve on Wednesday, but was forced to postpone his involvement on orders from North Port Police.

"Since the preserve has been closed to the public Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be," Bertolino said.

"Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist," he added.

Laundrie's parents initially told authorities they had last seen him on September 14, but changed their story via their lawyer earlier this week, saying it had actually been on September 13.

IMO I agree and IMHGut, I believe it was more than 4 days lead time. MOO

Its possible he beat feet between the two LE visits on Sept 10th and 11th. If I was waiting around acting normal hoping her body would never be found I would bolt at the first sign LE was asking about her. I wouldn't wait until they came back again with handcuffs.

Brian Laundrie's parents are 'hopeful' they'll be able to assist in the search for their son soon, attorney says

The parents of Brian Laundrie, the missing Florida man who is a person of interest in the case of his deceased fiancé, Gabby Petito, are "hopeful" they'll be able to join the search for their missing son soon, the family's lawyer told Insider.

Attorney Steven Bertolino said Laundrie's parents, Chris and Roberta, still believe their son is somewhere in Sarasota County's vast Carlton Reserve, where he is said to have told his family he was going for a hike the last time they saw him on September 13. Laundrie's parents told authorities he left with only a backpack.

Bertolino said Laundrie's father, Chris, was asked to assist law enforcement in their search for Brian at the preserve on Wednesday, but was forced to postpone his involvement on orders from North Port Police.

"Since the preserve has been closed to the public Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be," Bertolino said.

"Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist," he added.

Laundrie's parents initially told authorities they had last seen him on September 14, but changed their story via their lawyer earlier this week, saying it had actually been on September 13.
Just bizarre. Jmo

Lovely. They could have assisted law enforcement the second Brian arrived home. At the very least, they could have responded to Gabby's family when they were desperately looking for their daughter.

This statement is the equivalent of trying to put out a forest fire with a water gun.

Good luck with that.

How could anyone capable of not only killing her but leaving her body in that lonely place for animals to consume then using her cc, and ignoring her worried parents be anything except at the least a sociopath?
Jmo
It just screams out psychopathy... throw in pulling up a chair at mum and dads table, visiting the sister and the nephews, going camping... grinning away in photos at the camp with those same nephews....

Brian must be able to compartment his thoughts and memories, pulling the operative one out to fit the circumstances he gets himself into. .. long years of practice at that, because it isn't as easy or as natural as it sounds.

A chameleon, with claws.

Just bizarre. Jmo
Yes, absolutely bizarre -- that's the word!
The parents helping in the hunt for BL? No, no, no.
One reason against the idea, they could add or remove evidence; 2nd reason -- the worst -- they could encounter their son's dead body, and I would not wish that even on them.
Methinks their lawyer could be sippin' the koolaid...JMO.
But I could be wrong...

How could anyone capable of not only killing her but leaving her body in that lonely place for animals to consume then using her cc, and ignoring her worried parents be anything except at the least a sociopath?
Jmo
My hinkey meter keeps telling me it might have had a lot to do with money and arguing abt it and how to use it, especially if they had combined finances as Gabby's mom has said. Money breaks up even the strongest of couples. A lot of people have died because of it. Combine passion and money, or lackthereof, throw in some mental problems, some jealousy...all that is TNT. IMO

SBM/BBM

Oh, please. They could have called LE and volunteered this information weeks ago.

I don't know what makes me more ill - the way they've acted throughout this OR this sudden rehabilitation tour.

MOO

Lovely. They could have assisted law enforcement the second Brian arrived home. At the very least, they could have responded to Gabby's family when they were desperately looking for their daughter.

This statement is the equivalent of trying to put out a forest fire with a water gun.

Good luck with that.
They don't even seem to have enough insight to see how offensive that offer is, now.. after all this time.

It offends our collective conscious. ..

( That is a quote from my fave judge, the Hon Lex Lasry, a retired Victorian Supreme Court Judge )>..

IMHO, with nearly 4 full days lead time, the trail was cold before they started searching. He could be anywhere. He could have hitchhiked, hopped a bus or a train, gone to a big city and found an abandoned building to hide out in... so many possibilities. I would not bet the rent that he is still in Carlton Reserve.
The abandoned building idea is a good one. Reminds me of The Godfather - BL could be "gone to the mattresses!" :D

SBM/BBM

Oh, please. They could have called LE and volunteered this information weeks ago.

I don't know what makes me more ill - the way they've acted throughout this OR this sudden rehabilitation tour.

MOO

My pick

the way they've acted throughout this

Especially ignoring Gabby's parent's phone calls and texts. Even when they said they were calling police.

CL comes out yesterday and says she hopes he will turn himself in AND that her parents should come clean if they know anything or are in on it. JMO, but I think her new stance has probably shamed them into this newest stunt (joining the search). On the other hand, they may not be capable of shame. Who knows and MOO.

They don't even seem to have enough insight to see how offensive that offer is, now.. after all this time.

It offends our collective conscious. ..

( That is a quote from my fave judge, the Hon Lex Lasry, a retired Victorian Supreme Court Judge )>..
It's remarkable that neither they nor their attorney have any understanding of the optics here.

Every time they open their mouths they make things worse.

It's like they're operating based on some sort of satirical public relations book.

My pick

the way they've acted throughout this

Especially ignoring Gabby's parent's phone calls and texts. Even when they said they were calling police.

Father labels Brian Laundrie and his parents ‘cowards’ in new interview

Screen%20Shot%202021-10-05%20at%2010.45.54%20AM.png

From left to right: step-mother Tara Petito, father Joe Petito, step-father James Schmidt, mother Nicole Schimdit (CBS)

The family spoke about the excruciating days they spent trying to contact the Laundrie family for news of their daughter after she stopped communicating with them in late August.

Nichole Schmidt said it was “infuriating” that her text messages and calls to Mr Laundrie and his mother Roberta were ignored.

“We actually thought that they were both missing at that time,” Joseph Petito said.

In one of the text messages, Mr Petito told the Laundries: “I’m going to call the police, just letting you know, because we have no idea.”

“A normal parent when you text someone that (you) are going to call the cops because you can’t find your child, they would reply. No response. Nothing,” he said.

Mr Petito questioned what the Laundrie motives could have been for not helping to find their son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752