Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious what time the 27th text was sent also, that was the "Stan" text. I think that both the "Stan" text and the "Yosemite" text were sent to her mom from Gabby's phone. The phone was probably off, in between those texts, but since neither were texts that Gabby herself sent, it is assumed that the last time GABBY was known to use her phone was August 27th. I still think that BL gave his parents a heads-up that he was on his way home, I think on the 30th or 31st. Wondering if he used Gabby's phone for that notification, too. (I think that's why RL canceled their sept 1-3 camping plan), because the golden boy was coming home. jmo

The search warrant actually says that Gabby's phone wasn't 'operational' after the message on the 27th.

Perhaps that means more than the phone being off. Perhaps all of her phone systems stopped then, meaning the phone was likely destroyed.

This is beyond infuriating! So they’re eager to help find their missing son, but they refused to answer any requests from the Petito family to help find Gabby. It appears to be a setup by their attorney to make the Laundries look like caring, helpful people, which they are not, in my opinion. As I said in an earlier thread, I believe this was triggered by their daughter speaking out first.

Yup. I thought it interesting Cassie, their daughter, said:

"I don't know if my parents are involved," she said. "I think if they are, then they should come clean."

Last edited:
Is it possible that their storage unit contract was expiring, which could have forced them into another year-long contract? I have never rented a storage unit, so I am not sure, but that is the only thing that makes logical sense as to why it would be cheaper to buy a plane ticket than pay for a storage unit for 1 year.
By daughter pays $120 a month for her tiny storage closet. I priced a flight a week or so ago from SLC to Tampa and I think it was around $290. Then there was the cost of the motel but they could have wanted stuff from storage if they were planning to extend the trip. So breaking even financially is possible

The search warrant actually says that Gabby's phone wasn't 'operational' after the message on the 27th.

Perhaps that means more than the phone being off. Perhaps all of her phone systems stopped then, meaning the phone was likely destroyed.
I've often suspected that he either took or destroyed her phone before going on his hike somewhere around the 27-29th. That's why her lack of communication doesn't necessarily mean she was dead on the 27th. Jmo. We just don't know.

Last edited:
Question for the attorneys: could the parents have worked out a deal with the FBI for themselves or maybe lesser charges for BL on the credit card use (since that's the only pending charge) and that's why dad is now "excited" to help?

Yes, that's what it says in Section 5/6. But it says something completely different in Section 10 of the same warrant ("15 days off since Sept 15th"), that's the problem.

Florida state sure, but it's a Federal investigation they're impeding.

Maybe we have all forgotten the beginnings of how it all started. In or around the time Gabby was reported missing, BL was not a suspect targeted by LE. He had not been charged with a crime and was free to come and go. He was gone before the fraud charge indictment and 8 days before Gabby was found.

Of course he was a POI but that's not a crime without proof and there was none at the time of him disappearing. I'm not sticking up for this guy at all, but I'm remembering how this all started and how it's grown to what it is today.

If his parents were giving their son assistance it was before this case blew up. I know we can all agree if this was our child and what we would do different, but would we really do that without any real information?

It makes me angry that BL came back to his life as if nothing had happened and we certainly don't know what he was telling his parents. But imo he lied when he came home on the 1st and lied until it all started unraveling and he split, leaving everyone else holding the bag.

Lovely. They could have assisted law enforcement the second Brian arrived home. At the very least, they could have responded to Gabby's family when they were desperately looking for their daughter.

This statement is the equivalent of trying to put out a forest fire with a water gun.

Good luck with that.
Not sure what to think of the attorneys statement regarding CL being asked to join search. This article debunks that statement ??
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Fugitive's father to join search at Carlton Reserve, lawyer says | Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood