Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everyone reading current info? Yesterday SB claimed CL was asked by NPPD to help in search but that search was canceled for other reasons. Then NPPD stated that "in no world" would they have asked that (and previously noted that the FBI is leading the investigation).

Today I see people still talking about it and referring to a CNN article. I read NN's 10/7 update article on their main page, and as of this moment it just states, "... a source close to the family told CNN's Chris Cuomo on Wednesday.
Laundrie's father had been asked to show law enforcement the trails at the reserve, which his son had been known to use, the source said. But because of the campsite discovery, police restricted the search on Wednesday and did not include his father."
Brian Laundrie: New details of the movements of Gabby Petito's fiancé emerge as officials find recent campsite in Florida reserve - CNN

That's it. The article doesn't even include the NPPD'S statement about having Laundrie in the search. I cannot find any reference to an "FBI source" inviting Chris Laundrie to join the official search, other than in occasional posts here or on Twitter (but not by check marks, and not by the FBI).

So, other than Mike Ruiz reporting that Laundrie went to the post office this morning :rolleyes:, is there any new news on this, or are people just not realizing this is old info?

I don't really care if it is a PR move. It's gotta be a good thing to have the two parents separated for a while and meeting with LE officials. A much better chance of getting some proper leads, perhaps getting CL to open up, especially with regard to BL's location or habits.

We wanted them to cooperate didn't we?

No, not new.

The message (on Aug 27th) is the last known communication anyone had with Petito, and following the exchange, her cellphone ceased being operational ....
Petito's cellphone had been turned off for about 15 days as of Friday, the warrant said.

Gabby Petito's mother said the final text she received from her daughter's phone was 'odd' and concerning, according to search warrant
Sep 21, 2021
Thank you, SouthAussie. I know that we had pieced that all together here at WS but I wasn't sure that we had confirmation that "phone records showed that . . . "

On an apple device, I believe you can send a "text" from a computer or Ipad that is logged in to the person's Icloud account. I do not personally have an apple device so I could definitely be wrong. MOO
I do it several times a day. I never use my iphone for texts unless I’m in my car or something.

Is everyone reading current info? Yesterday SB claimed CL was asked by NPPD to help in search but that search was canceled for other reasons. Then NPPD stated that "in no world" would they have asked that (and previously noted that the FBI is leading the investigation).

Today I see people still talking about it and referring to a CNN article. I read NN's 10/7 update article on their main page, and as of this moment it just states, "... a source close to the family told CNN's Chris Cuomo on Wednesday.
Laundrie's father had been asked to show law enforcement the trails at the reserve, which his son had been known to use, the source said. But because of the campsite discovery, police restricted the search on Wednesday and did not include his father."
Brian Laundrie: New details of the movements of Gabby Petito's fiancé emerge as officials find recent campsite in Florida reserve - CNN

That's it. The article doesn't even include the NPPD'S statement about having Laundrie in the search. I cannot find any reference to an "FBI source" inviting Chris Laundrie to join the official search, other than in occasional posts here or on Twitter (but not by check marks, and not by the FBI).

So, other than Mike Ruiz reporting that Laundrie went to the post office this morning :rolleyes:, is there any new news on this, or are people just not realizing this is old info?
He IS there, just saw a picture of this truck.

Oh, hold on, have no fear. SB was there to clear this up!

Not necessarily.

Per Florida Statute 777.03, a person commits a felony offense when they assist an individual to evade detection, arrest, trial or punishment after the fact.

Relatives of the offender, however, are largely protected from being accessories. This would include the parents of Brian Laundrie, who now has a federal warrant out for his arrest for allegedly committing bank card fraud.

However, attorney Cory Baird told WESH-TV that while the parents are protected from any charges stemming from how they may have helped their son, "if they made misleading statements or lied to officers, obviously that’s a crime in Florida, and they’re not protected from that."

This is a Federal case. Florida law doesn't apply.

Looks like the dad is at the reserve now

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

N911VD or N911VS?
VS sorry.

I wonder if they are following the Ls. Look at the flight pattern. It went to hospital didn't land, head east, then west now back to the hospital and following I75 S turn east/south into 72 now head N again., Now on I75 N almost to Lake Ranch, now south again. Its following someone or out for a morning not ride.

Moo

Myakk-SP-Hiking-Map.jpg
Trail Map
https://hikeitflorida.com/myakka-state-park-map-and-trail-map/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics