Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am inclined to believe his parents are cooperating with law enforcement with respect to finding their son. I also believe the information being put out by their lawyer. I just think we have no way to know what they knew and when they knew it. Brian could have told them a crazy story and the parents maybe thought they were doing the right thing until it unraveled and GP’s body was discovered.

I do believe we should be giving CL the benefit of the doubt. They clearly would like to know where their son is.

They lost all credibility from the start by ignoring Gabby's family. That speaks volumes about them.

Edit to add: and instead of talking to LE, handing them their lawyer's card right away, on 9/11

I mean, maybe? And who am I to tell the FBI how to do their job, but wouldn't that be among the first things you'd do when you try to find someone? "Oh, Mr. Laundrie, your son is missing and you said he was going hiking. Can you tell me what he liked to do in the reserve or favorite spots we can start checking first?" It seems a little late to be asking those questions weeks in.

Personally, I also don't see the "on-site" assistance is somehow more useful than verbally telling someone where to check. If they've exhausted the verbal spots they were told before and still can't find him, what's the dad going to do? Look behind a different tree?
IMO this is what maps and a highlighter are for. There's got to be another reason.

Given the size of reserve, I imagine that there are plenty edible plants and animals- well, at least in theory. The "in practice" part of the equation maybe far different.
Palm trees are dropping berries right now in FL. and it is debatable but some palm "hearts" are edible, I know coconut palms are ok to eat and sago palms are toxic. Many types in florida depending on region.

They lost all credibility from the start by ignoring Gabby's family. That speaks volumes about them.

Edit to add: and instead of talking to LE, handing them their lawyer's card right away, on 9/11
It does and it doesn't. It all depends on what the L's knew and also what type of relationship they had with the P's and the S's. It could be that B said he would deal or had dealt with it. We don't know the details do we, so it seems a little unfair to judge on that basis.

ETA - and following legal advice is what any normal person would do if confronted by an unexpected visit from LE

I am inclined to believe his parents are cooperating with law enforcement with respect to finding their son. I also believe the information being put out by their lawyer. I just think we have no way to know what they knew and when they knew it. Brian could have told them a crazy story and the parents maybe thought they were doing the right thing until it unraveled and GP’s body was discovered.

I do believe we should be giving CL the benefit of the doubt. They clearly would like to know where their son is.

Why are we treating the Laundrie parents like rubes or children? They are middle-aged business owners. I assume they have brains of their own.

"They didn't do anything because Brian told them a story that explained Gabby's absence" is a fairly common refrain seen here.

If two people that live with you go out on a 4-month van trip and only one person and the van return (2 months early), anyone with a brain would question the fate of their other housemate. They would try to contact their housemate. They would reach out to the police and their housemate's family after not being able to locate them. They would be on the frontline searching for their housemate once it's established they're missing.

They've done none of that.

It doesn't have to be about money.
It could be anything LE & the public isn't privy to... 20 years worth.
I don't understand where you're going with this.

Someone needs to tell Paul wfla where to look because a fox copter found the ATV about a half hour ago or more. JMO I think it was near that bridge at the power line from yesterday where they were all stopped. But further into the reserve.
Yeah, they found it. So nothing to see. Refueling.

I swear I'm having "watching vehicles" flashbacks to June 13, 1994.

Jb's a Reddit fan, btw.

Why are we treating the Laundrie parents like rubes or children? They are middle-aged business owners. I assume they have brains of their own.

"They didn't do anything because Brian told them a story that explained Gabby's absence" is a fairly common refrain seen here.

If two people that live with you go out on a 4-month van trip and only one person and the van return (2 months early), anyone with a brain would question the fate of their other housemate. They would try to contact their housemate. They would reach out to the police and their housemate's family after not being able to locate them. They would be on the frontline searching for their housemate once it's established they're missing.

TBH - if it was my childs partner and now ex partner - I would not reach out to them. Some have been quite peculiar.

By all accounts GP and BL had a history of breaking up and taking a break from each other. If this was their usual MO why would the Laundries call the police or GP parents? BL more than likely had a convincing story and they didnt question it until she was reported missing. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth