Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad has been helping all along (via telephone?). Keeping it on the low down to not attract attention. If BL believes family is cooperating with LE, it might drive him out of the area. Hadn’t considered this before but now I am wondering if this has been the case all along. MOO
I dont buy this. He wouldn't even pick up the phone for Gabbys parents.

Last edited:
Now I am wondering if BL, after being spotted on the AT, then on that golf course in GA, made it back to FL and has gone somewhere in the reserve to be found. That could explain why dad is going there, since he will know in which part BL will be "miraculously" found. <modsnip - opinion stated as fact>

Last edited by a moderator:
It does and it doesn't. It all depends on what the L's knew and also what type of relationship they had with the P's and the S's. It could be that B said he would deal or had dealt with it. We don't know the details do we, so it seems a little unfair to judge on that basis.

ETA - and following legal advice is what any normal person would do if confronted by an unexpected visit from LE

Nah. The texts from Gabby’s family were ignored before the cops ever came. No excuse.

TBH - if it was my childs partner and now ex partner - I would not reach out to them. Some have been quite peculiar.

I was going to say the same thing. I'm not sure how long they lived in the house with the parents, but if my son told me that he and his long term gf had a bad breakup I wouldn't get involved in any way, especially talking to her parents, if my son told me a story that didn't involve her being in harms way. I stay out of my kids' relationships pretty entirely. My son has had a gf for over a year now and her number is not in my phone and I have only the vaguest idea of who her parents are.

They lost all credibility from the start by ignoring Gabby's family. That speaks volumes about them.

Edit to add: and instead of talking to LE, handing them their lawyer's card right away, on 9/11

THIS! They set the credibility tone at the onset. Not replying to a family that is grasping is a complete moral failure.

By all accounts GP and BL had a history of breaking up and taking a break from each other. If this was their usual MO why would the Laundries call the police or GP parents? BL more than likely had a convincing story and they didnt question it until she was reported missing. JMO

BBM

I'm not sure why people keep forgetting that they refused to answer texts and calls from Gabby's family, AND they refused to speak with LE from the start- handing them their lawyer's card instead.

They lost all credibility from the start by ignoring Gabby's family. That speaks volumes about them.

Edit to add: and instead of talking to LE, handing them their lawyer's card right away, on 9/11
If they were represented by an attorney at that point, and especially if they hadn't had an extensive sit-down with him at that point, referring everyone to their attorney was appropriate at that time.

Why are we treating the Laundrie parents like rubes or children? They are middle-aged business owners. I assume they have brains of their own.

"They didn't do anything because Brian told them a story that explained Gabby's absence" is a fairly common refrain seen here.

If two people that live with you go out on a 4-month van trip and only one person and the van return (2 months early), anyone with a brain would question the fate of their other housemate. They would try to contact their housemate. They would reach out to the police and their housemate's family after not being able to locate them. They would be on the frontline searching for their housemate once it's established they're missing.

They've done none of that.
BBM
All this is out the door if he's offered a reasonable explanation.

Why are we treating the Laundrie parents like rubes or children? They are middle-aged business owners. I assume they have brains of their own.

"They didn't do anything because Brian told them a story that explained Gabby's absence" is a fairly common refrain seen here.

If two people that live with you go out on a 4-month van trip and only one person and the van return (2 months early), anyone with a brain would question the fate of their other housemate. They would try to contact their housemate. They would reach out to the police and their housemate's family after not being able to locate them. They would be on the frontline searching for their housemate once it's established they're missing.

They've done none of that.
My daughter went to china for a year with her boyfriend but came home alone. I didn't think she killed him. And GP had a history of leaving BL after a fight to go stay with her friend. 20 somethings have a life of their own. Taking your point that the parents are children, neither are GP and BL. They are responsible for their own lives.

IMO LE wants CL there to draw BL out . Because they are closing in on BL and if he could be a danger to himself CL would be there for him.
Agreed. If BL is getting *any* current news, he'll learn about Dad's presence. And by now, he's probably going a bit stir crazy without human contact, especially from his family. IMO

I'm not sure why people keep forgetting that they refused to answer texts and calls from Gabby's family, AND they refused to speak with LE from the start- handing them their lawyer's card instead.
But again the timeline isnt that clear about when those texts went out to the Laundries. At least I havent seen anything definitive about that timeline. I would like to see the phone records, obviously not until this case (if ever) gets to trial.

Oh wow, that's wonderful! Only three weeks after his son went missing there also .... this is real dedication on the dad's part ....

MOO I think its really interesting that the dad and only one other person seem to be out searching in the preserve today. It makes me think that they know Brian is in there and they are hoping CL can talk him out. A large law enforcement presence would keep him hiding. Dad is there to get him to come out. It makes me think that there was evidence at the newly found campsite yesterday was indeed Brian's. MOO they wanted to make sure they didn't find BL dead before they let in dad.

Mod Note:

Thirty Six posts were just removed for discussing the mother and possible health conditions. The parents are not named POI’s. If the mother has a health condition, it is off topic and inappropriate to discuss or speculate about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam