Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO I think its really interesting that the dad and only one other person seem to be out searching in the preserve today. It makes me think that they know Brian is in there and they are hoping CL can talk him out. A large law enforcement presence would keep him hiding. Dad is there to get him to come out. It makes me think that there was evidence at the newly found campsite yesterday was indeed Brian's. MOO they wanted to make sure they didn't find BL dead before they let in dad.

This is what I'm thinking, too.

What if you had to choose which one you took the bullet for?
Oh. oh oh oh no. I just see this. I thought we were buddies Nik. How could you make me choose lol. Man oh man, I just don’t know - my first answer without thinking is I’d choose the one who had the longest viable future in from of them…

BBM

I'm not sure why people keep forgetting that they refused to answer texts and calls from Gabby's family, AND they refused to speak with LE from the start- handing them their lawyer's card instead.
No one has forgotten that. I believe they knew she was dead when or shortly after those texts started coming in.

I'm wondering if they called the dad in because historically he's the mediator, the one that calms him down. He's shown he doesn't calm down in the presence of females so they wouldn't want the mom there.

So CL is now at the reserve. I still think this is being done to separate the two of them and try to get him talking. Best way to get someone to talk is to task with them. Do dishes with your teen and you'll be surprised how much comes out if you're quiet.

I'm wondering if they called the dad in because historically he's the mediator, the one that calms him down. He's shown he doesn't calm down in the presence of females so they wouldn't want the mom there.
Someone earlier posted a pic of Brian and his Dad hiking, so the two may have gone places together. Brian is going to be tired at this point, and maybe hearing his Dad's voice, if he's there, will get him to come out of hiding.

Humans have lived off the land forever. Without running water. Without "showers" or clean clothes. I have to wonder why it's questionable to people here that someone could do it especially if your life was on the line. If this man did it from the ages of 7-19 years old I think BL could manage (How to be human: the man who was raised by wolves)

I doubt it very much. Modern humans look at "living off the land" romantically rather than realistically. It is not easy to find food other than a grocery store. Especially if you are a city boy like BL. If he is not willing to eat insects and carrion, and to drink filthy water, he will not be able to "live off the land". BL is a modern American, raised on Long Island, who ate food purchased at grocery stores and sat at the dinner table in a climate controlled home, wearing clothing purchased at department stores, etc. He could not "live off the land". He would slowly starve to death, as would you or I if we were to try. Look up Chris McCandless and the book "Into the Wild" for an example of what happens to a modern American who tries to "live off the land".

So CL is now at the reserve. I still think this is being done to separate the two of them and try to get him talking. Best way to get someone to talk is to task with them. Do dishes with your teen and you'll be surprised how much comes out if you're quiet.

This could be a strong possibility, too. Whatever the reason being, I just hope they find him. I sound like a broken record but may today be the day there's justice for Gabby.

It does and it doesn't. It all depends on what the L's knew and also what type of relationship they had with the P's and the S's. It could be that B said he would deal or had dealt with it. We don't know the details do we, so it seems a little unfair to judge on that basis.

ETA - and following legal advice is what any normal person would do if confronted by an unexpected visit from LE

BBM

IMO, this behavior is anything but normal. I see people trying to normalize it. It's a bit unsettling to me.

MOO

It doesn't matter "what type of relationship they had" with Gabby's family. They were texting and calling, saying their daughter was missing. They were being ignored. That's cruel. IMO

We do know those details, unless we don't believe Gabby's family.

Refusing to speak with LE on their attorney's advice is not IMO something "any normal person would do" in this situation. Quite the opposite.

I can't fathom refusing to speak with LE about a missing woman, no matter if it's a stranger or a neighbor. But especially if it's my son's gf who has been living in my home for two years.

That is very much abnormal IMO.

From my understanding, this was not an "unexpected" visit. They knew from the family's texts and calls that she was missing. And they were prepared to hand over their lawyer's card.

'Maybe' Brian will be found today, Laundrie family lawyer says
Steve Bertolino, the attorney representing the Laundrie family, tells Fox News' Michael Ruiz "maybe" when asked about whether law enforcement will find Brian today.

@lauraingle
Our exclusive interview with the parents of #GabbyPetito today on
@FoxNews
. 4 incredibly strong, loving parents tell their daughter’s story, share thier hopes for justice & talk about helping others
@Nikischmidt927 @Jim_Schmidt416
@josephpetito @TaraPetito

I have to say they've been far more classy than I would be in that situation. It's hard enough to lose your child at the hands of someone you had accepted into your family. Add to that all the press and public appearances? My heart goes out to them and I'm in awe.

My daughter went to china for a year with her boyfriend but came home alone. I didn't think she killed him. And GP had a history of leaving BL after a fight to go stay with her friend. 20 somethings have a life of their own. Taking your point that the parents are children, neither are GP and BL. They are responsible for their own lives.

Agree on everyone being responsible for their own lives … but I assume your daughter’s boyfriend didn’t turn up dead. And that your daughter did not come home in his vehicle spending his money after he died. It’s just two situations so vastly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23