Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Laundrie: Police say no campsite was found at the nature reserve during search - CNN

Police spokesperson Josh Taylor's confirmation that there was no campsite comes after a source close to the Laundrie family told CNN's Chris Cuomo that they had been informed by investigators that police had made a discovery in Florida's Carlton Reserve.

The source on Thursday insisted that the Laundrie family had been told a campsite had been found.

"Is it possible that they thought that there might be a campsite out there or something they may have seen from the air but when they got on the ground that's not what it turned out to be? Sure, I think that's a possibility," Taylor said. "Bottom line, is that investigators are telling me that no campsite was found out there."

2 things I need to spit out while I can/ am thinking of them.

1. G & B had no money for hotels/flights. Maybe parents paid for them.

2. L’s never returned P’s calls. Maybe the P’s had old numbers for the L’s that were no longer in use.

Occam’s razor ‘n all that.

I have been giving this some thought.

When was Brian named a person of interest? I think it was after he went missing. Likewise the issue of the arrest warrant for unauthorised use of credit and debit cards.

When did they start searching for Brian - I think this was before he was named as a POI in Gabby's death and before the aarest warrant was issued.
So my question is, is he a fugitive or a missing person? Is there a difference because of the timings?
He's a fugitive now, whether he knows about the warrant or not. He is missing on purpose. The timing really has nothing to do with it. Police are looking for him with a federal warrant and he is evading capture. As long as he doesn't turn himself in for questioning, he is a fugitive.

None of that plays unless she was the target of a random stranger murder, which is rare in itself, much less in such a remote place. *right after he last saw her

14 missing persons in Wyoming this year alone and even the state website says there are likely more. That's just missing, unsolved murders are off the charts especially among the indigenous population IIRC MOO

Regardless it's unlikely circumstance this happened

Last edited:
I’ve said it once I’ll say it again…at this point, even their attorney needs an attorney. Haha. JMO.
I was so thinking earlier, I hope their attorney seeks counsel before providing advice to his clients, primarily because this does not seem to be his regular practice area. I could be wrong, though, I'm just basing that on the various statements he has sent out and his use of "baloney."

A scenerio. Let's suppose GP and BL parked next to the creek bed. BL wanders off to explore, take photos, look for natural edibles, whatever and leaves GP in the van to work on her blog. After about an hour, he returns to find her missing from the van. He looks across the little footbridge of sticks and sees a man beating GP up. She looks dead. BL panics, hitches a ride to Jackson. In the process, he realizes she might NOT be dead. He bails out at Jackson, hitches a ride back near the crime scene, checks around to see if the assailant is gone, confirms GP is dead.
He knows the MOAB PD have both of them on body cam and assumes they're going to think he did it. He grabs her cash and cards and heads back to North Port.
Do you think ONE juror might believe that story? After all, nobody has come forward as a witness to seeing him actually murdering her. Could it have been another nearby camper who thought she was alone and seized the moment?
MOO

Who is Christopher Laundrie, Brian Laundrie’s father?

The couple runs the company out of their 10,000-square-foot home. Documents suggest the Laundries likely moved to Florida in 2017 as part of their business plan for their company.

Brian Laundrie’s parents sell and service commercial juicing equipment from the Florida home
Brian-Laundries-parents.jpg

SBM for focus. That house is definitely not 10,000 square feet. So either they are talking about some other house that the Laundries run their juicer business from, or it's poor fact-checking on the part of the editor. It is possible that their *lot* is 10,000 square feet. Or, the author got an extra zero in there and the house is 1,000 square feet (what's a log among friends?) (MOO)

I think murder just has severe consequences beyond the death of the individual, including lies, suspicions, broken families and relationships, people being ejected from society into prison or into social isolation, and so forth. Once set in motion by the murder, these forces play out, IMO there's no escaping these consequences, no one associated with either the murdered or the murderer can come out unaffected, as though it didn't happen. It's a kind of karma, IMO.

BBM
Agreed. A tragedy of this magnitude is complex, changes lives, and has ripple (or tidal wave) effects in a million different ways that people can't imagine or predict.

And when it gets attention like this and we have such blatant evidence of subtle and not-so- subtle signs of abuse, it triggers masses of people who can relate, and also triggers conversations about it.

Another ripple effect could be changing laws. Maybe not in this case, but other murder cases certainly have.

It was 19 days into September before Gabby's body was found due to NO assistance from BL or his parents. Despite their silence.

They were content to let her rot in the wilderness, possibly be scattered by animals or to be never be found at all.

Just remember that.

Even if they knew she was beyond help, that doesn't mean she didn't deserve to be found and properly laid to rest by her loved ones. Before she no longer was recognizable.

Not to mention the evidentiary value of finding her body before too much time has elapsed. If it had been an accident or self-defence or someone else, don't you think finding her more quickly would be MORE beneficial for proving BL's Innocence?

To this day, BL and his parents will not co-operate with regard to the circumstances of Gabby's death.

I'm sorry but I'm going to negatively judge them for that. As GP's family rightfully does. JMO.

I know this was discussed many threads ago, but can someone please refresh my memory on why it’s best for BL to be brought in on the fraud warrant and not to be charged with homicide at this time? Is it potentially a lack of evidence, or ?

A scenerio. Let's suppose GP and BL parked next to the creek bed. BL wanders off to explore, take photos, look for natural edibles, whatever and leaves GP in the van to work on her blog. After about an hour, he returns to find her missing from the van. He looks across the little footbridge of sticks and sees a man beating GP up. She looks dead. BL panics, hitches a ride to Jackson. In the process, he realizes she might NOT be dead. He bails out at Jackson, hitches a ride back near the crime scene, checks around to see if the assailant is gone, confirms GP is dead.
He knows the MOAB PD have both of them on body cam and assumes they're going to think he did it. He grabs her cash and cards and heads back to North Port.
Do you think ONE juror might believe that story? After all, nobody has come forward as a witness to his actually murdering her. Could it have been another nearby camper who thought she was alone and seized the moment?
MOO
Nope, because human nature is to show more concern for your loved one, than that of yourself.

People just call 911 in that situation, and that's the end of it.

He's following a pattern that has no shortage of precedent. Kill, run, hide.

Gabby Petito’s family opens up on hunt for Brian Laundrie; believes he’s ‘missing piece’ to puzzle
Petito’s family wants Laundrie found alive so he can provide the missing answers connecting the death of their 22-year-old daughter. The family believes Laundrie "knows everything," her mother admitted.

"He’s our missing piece to the puzzle to find out what happened," Petito’s stepfather Jim Schmidt said. "What happened out there? Until they find him, we won’t know."
Petito's stepfather revealed that the couple’s cross-country road trip took form after their plans for a low-key beach wedding in Florida were postponed due to COVID-19.

"They kindof put it on hold," Jim Schmidt said, with Petito's mother saying the couple's main focus was planning their trip.

But when Petito never returned from the trip and their van returned to Florida, Nichole Schmidt said she "instinctively" knew her daughter was gone.

Petito’s father Joe Petito said he assumed Laundrie is still alive and living off the land but he has "no idea" of his whereabouts, or if he’s even in the United States.

Trails along Myakkahatchee Creek in North Port, FL

Trails south of Price Blvd are more technical with roots, while north side has is less technical, but just as fun.
Access:
Best place to access this trail is on Price Blvd right under the bridge just past the golf cart bridge.
Myakkahatchee Creek Greenway, North Port on Trailforks

Trailhead is near the creek to the left of the creek crossing. *There is a 7-11 & Publix at the intersection of Sumter & Price.

For the trailhead, cross Price Blvd and take a right on the sidewalk and cross the bridge and make a left immediately after crossing the bridge. You can either go left (under the bridge for about 2.5 miles of a series of tight, technical loops) or right (which will take you towards the spillway and Lady Slipper).
North Port Mountain Bike Trails
Eta: I wonder if this is the Publix the couple worked at. If so, I’m sure he’s familiar with this area.

Last edited:
The information about those calls does not state they came 'from' the home, the calls were about that address. IMO, most likely it was GB family members calling in about Brian and the van being there, without Gabby, asking for a welfare check or something.

What they're saying is that police were "called to" the home. JMOO, but if Gabby's family made the calls, I would expect to read the police were "sent to" the home.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member