Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is well established BL didn't withdrawn the money with her knowledge then gave her the card back.

BL has been charged with bank-card fraud. A federal grand jury indictment states he withdrew or spent more than $1,000 using a Capitol One card after Gabby Petito went missing. Which is well documented here on WS.
I wonder what he bought for over $1,000 while on a seemingly focused ride to Florida? (I thought the warrant said purchases, rather than cash withdrawals.)

@Hyway
I'm unable to quote your post from the last thread, but wanted to comment on it.

You explained how your daughter came home from China without the boyfriend she'd lived with there, and you didn't assume she had killed her boyfriend. Rightfully so, I would have felt the same.

IMO the critical difference is that you knew, I presume, that your daughter’s boyfriend had the means to get himself home, if he wished. Brian came home with Gabby’s van.

I’m sure her parents would have sent money for her to get home, or would have gone themselves to pick her up, but she was MISSING. No way to send her money and no way to bring her home safely.

Of course I don’t know, but I’m also assuming that your daughter’s boyfriend was still in China and his family knew his location and could communicate with him.

No one would think your child committed a crime because apparently there was no crime. But when Brian took Gabby’s means of transport without her, and her family was unable to contact her, and Brian was the last person to see her….a whole different story, IMO.

Not arguing with you, just disagreeing.

A scenerio. Let's suppose GP and BL parked next to the creek bed. BL wanders off to explore, take photos, look for natural edibles, whatever and leaves GP in the van to work on her blog. After about an hour, he returns to find her missing from the van. He looks across the little footbridge of sticks and sees a man beating GP up. She looks dead. BL panics, hitches a ride to Jackson. In the process, he realizes she might NOT be dead. He bails out at Jackson, hitches a ride back near the crime scene, checks around to see if the assailant is gone, confirms GP is dead.
He knows the MOAB PD have both of them on body cam and assumes they're going to think he did it. He grabs her cash and cards and heads back to North Port.
Do you think ONE juror might believe that story? After all, nobody has come forward as a witness to seeing him actually murdering her. Could it have been another nearby camper who thought she was alone and seized the moment?
MOO
Maybe, but it would be easier to claim self defense, as she was considered the aggressor in the DV call. Are we considering this is what happened or what they'll tell the jury?

It was 19 days into September before Gabby's body was found due to NO assistance from BL or his parents. Despite their silence.

They were content to let her rot in the wilderness, possibly be scattered by animals or to be never be found at all.

Just remember that.

Even if they knew she was beyond help, that doesn't mean she didn't deserve to be found and properly laid to rest by her loved ones. Before she no longer was recognizable.

Not to mention the evidentiary value of finding her body before too much time has elapsed. If it had been an accident or self-defence or someone else, don't you think finding her more quickly would be MORE beneficial for proving BL's Innocence?

To this day, BL and his parents will not co-operate with regard to the circumstances of Gabby's death.

I'm sorry but I'm going to negatively judge them for that. As GP's family rightfully does. JMO.

I cannot imagine leaving the love of my life out to rot. No way. Absolutely beyond cruel.

I have followed enough cases on here. I would definately run if I was innocent (and also if I was guilty ;)). Do you think a simple 'I didn't do it', would result in an 'OK then'?

You would run if you were innocent? I don't think that's what most people would do. IMO

I keep hearing the obvious (to me) saying, "Innocent people don't run" in discussions of this online, on TV, everywhere. It seems like common sense.

BL didn't just run. He drove across the country to find his Mom and Dad and their lawyer. He also didn't call 911 or an ambulance when he became aware that something or someone had harmed the love of his life. Instead, he took her van and drove home. That's very very very bizarre behavior for an innocent person, IMO. I don't see how it makes any sense.

He's following a pattern that has no shortage of precedent. Kill, run, hide.
SBM

This is exactly how I see it. "Kill, run, hide." It's why I struggle to see kill, hike for two days, hitchhike back to crime scene making up alibi, run, sit around planning an escape for two weeks, hide.

Aug. 29 evening: kill
Aug. 29 late: scuttle camp and run.
Sept. 1-10: lie to family and pretend nothing happened. Essentially hide (metaphorically).
Sept. 11 evening: LE knocks on door and GP officially missing.
Sept. 13 early: run and hide (literally).

A scenerio. Let's suppose GP and BL parked next to the creek bed. BL wanders off to explore, take photos, look for natural edibles, whatever and leaves GP in the van to work on her blog. After about an hour, he returns to find her missing from the van. He looks across the little footbridge of sticks and sees a man beating GP up. She looks dead. BL panics, hitches a ride to Jackson. In the process, he realizes she might NOT be dead. He bails out at Jackson, hitches a ride back near the crime scene, checks around to see if the assailant is gone, confirms GP is dead.
He knows the MOAB PD have both of them on body cam and assumes they're going to think he did it. He grabs her cash and cards and heads back to North Port.
Do you think ONE juror might believe that story? After all, nobody has come forward as a witness to seeing him actually murdering her. Could it have been another nearby camper who thought she was alone and seized the moment?
MOO

That scenario is about as believable as "a group of individuals from a small foreign faction" killing her. While just about anything, no matter how implausible and bizarre, is possible, it's most likely the obvious answer that is indeed the obvious answer. Reasonable people will probably come to reasonable and evidence based conclusions.

I'm not familiar with the rules of "dispersed camping" but if there are numbered spots where you have to camp within them, then that's a regular campground, IMO. I think of dispersed camping more as you can park in this designated spot, but you can pitch your tent anywhere nearby, because there are no services, no bathrooms, no extras anyway. Just take all your garbage out with you, etc. But I don't know the specific campground rules at the park they were at.

If someone saw a flat spot where a tent would go at Spread Creek spot where she was found, and a fire circle with a little bit of burned material in it, that may very well indicate someone was camping there with a tent, IMO - at least for one night. And then she was found right there. A five minute walk to the van is really not very far. I have camped in a lot of "walk in" camp spots even at state parks where you have to carry things into the campsite from your vehicle, and it can be a bit of a walk.

I would imagine a lot of campers do sleep in their vans. But Gabby referred to their van as a "tiny van" and there are several pictures of their tent in her videos and tiktoks.

I still think he killed her in or near their tent, maybe using the tent for cover to hide what he had done, for a day or two. Because she was really left out in the open.

Speculation only.
I agree that it seems pretty likely that they had their tent set up near where she and the fire ring were found. In the Dr. Phil interview, her stepfather said that he had identified her by the sweatshirt she was wearing. The fact that she was wearing a sweatshirt makes me wonder if it happened at night. Maybe they had an argument while sitting in front of a campfire, and he became enraged and grabbed one of the rocks that was near the site.

Speculation/MOO

That scenario is about as believable as "a group of individuals from a small foreign faction" killing her. While just about anything, no matter how implausible and bizarre, is possible, it's most likely the obvious answer that is indeed the obvious answer. Reasonable people will probably come to reasonable and evidence based conclusions.

Do you think anyone believes a "foreign faction" killed Jon Benet?
At first, it created confusion and chaos, but not sure anyone buys that story now.

Running away can be considered consciousness of guilt evidence. Juries are supposed to be instructed that they cannot read anything into a defendant not testifying or invoking the right to counsel early, but they aren't instructed about your physical behaviors (like running and hiding). The idea is that common sense should not go out the window. It is very different in the eyes of the law to go about your life but refuse to cooperate in an prosecution against yourself (as you are entitled to under the 5th Amendment) and run and evade LE.

But how to do it so convincingly from 9/1 to 9/10? Assuming he's not a total sociopath, that would've been difficult to pull off.
SBM

This is exactly how I see it. "Kill, run, hide." It's why I struggle to see kill, hike for two days, hitchhike back to crime scene making up alibi, run, sit around planning an escape for two weeks, hide.

Sept. 1-10: lie to family and pretend nothing happened. Essentially hide (metaphorically).

SBM

Did anyone notice when Brian Entin was following CL's pickup truck, he drove into another neighborhood, stopped and gave the FBI directions - that is the neighborhood where CL previously owned a house which was sold in March 2021 at 5100 Linksman Place which is 3.3 miles away from the L house on Wabasso. This house on Linksman Place backs up to a substantial greenbelt. I had looked up this house when it was shown in the news article I linked earlier in another thread. Here is the home on Zillow: 5100 Linksman Pl, North Port, FL 34287 | Zillow

Here is the property record: https://www.sc-pa.com/propertysearch/parcel/details/1001170067

What I don't know is if the property is currently occupied. BL's Brother-in-law (BIL), in the video where BIL and CL (sister) talked to the protestors mentioned that they fix up houses and he and BL did work on the house that the Laundries currently live in on Wabasso prior to the parents moving to the house, so it is possible that this house on Linksman Place is a fixer upper that either the L's fixed up and sold it or sold as a fixer upper. The person who bought the house lives in a Northern state which could indicate a snowbird or a house flipper. That person may not live there full time. Sometimes people will sell a house and the new buyer does not think to change the locks (something you should always do) so it is possible that BL could gain access to this property if unoccupied with a key he used during the remodel.

Now look at this google map: Google Maps

The neighbor lady who lives on Ulster Avenue which is behind Wabasso said BL went into the woods at the end of their street which are the woods south of O'Reilly Auto Parts. That is a greenbelt that connects with the greenbelt (possible golf course) along S Sumter Blvd that leads to the greenbelt behind the house on Linksman Place.

I'm certain the FBI knows all of this and I'm late to the party. LOL.

In the text exchanges posted earlier, SB stated that CL was not questioned, only there to point out BL's favorite spots. Also, was that even an FBI agent driving CL in the gator? Did they go to one spot, park, and remain there the whole 3.5 hours (I didn't see all the footage)?

I guess I'm not understanding the theories to why CL was at the park today.

According to the CNN report, the FBI requested CL's assistance prior to finding the supposed campsite yesterday, but when they found it, they didn't want him there yet. With the uptick in LE vehicles yesterday, it seems plausible enough that they found something. But they seemed to want CL's assistance even before that, which seems to rule out having him ID something there.

If they just wanted to talk to CL alone, wouldn't the FBI be doing that? Was that FBI driving the gator today, because they seemed to be alone near the trail. But why would BL's attorney lie and say he wasn't questioned?

My mind is going round and round. I still think we're making this too complicated...
Maybe LE wanted to get CL out there in an attempt to calm the public. I mean, if they told the Laundries not to talk, they are directly responsible for the constant harassment from the media and the public. Possibly they wanted to do something to ease the thirst for participation in the search for BL by the parents, without having them actually speak in public.

Supposedly one was a well check requested by GP's father.
The calls on 9/10/21 are reported to have come from inside the house.

Two 911 calls were made from the Laundrie home on September 10, nine days after 23-year-old Brian returned home to Florida without Gabby.

One of the calls, both cited to be a "Public Service" CFS, came at 3.58pm, documents show.

The second came just over two hours later at 6.29pm.”

Three 911 calls 'were made from family home day Gabby was reported missing'

The 46 pages of redacted 911 calls can be seen here:
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dozens of police calls to Florida home after Gabby Petito was last seen | Fox News

MOO
Casey Anthony and OJ trial prove some people will believe most anything.

Did anyone notice when Brian Entin was following CL's pickup truck, he drove into another neighborhood, stopped and gave the FBI directions - that is the neighborhood where CL previously owned a house which was sold in March 2021 at 5100 Linksman Place which is 3.3 miles away from the L house on Wabasso. This house on Linksman Place backs up to a substantial greenbelt. I had looked up this house when it was shown in the news article I linked earlier in another thread. Here is the home on Zillow: 5100 Linksman Pl, North Port, FL 34287 | Zillow

Here is the property record: https://www.sc-pa.com/propertysearch/parcel/details/1001170067

What I don't know is if the property is currently occupied. BL's Brother-in-law (BIL), in the video where BIL and CL (sister) talked to the protestors mentioned that they fix up houses and he and BL did work on the house that the Laundries currently live in on Wabasso prior to the parents moving to the house, so it is possible that this house on Linksman Place is a fixer upper that either the L's fixed up and sold it or sold as a fixer upper. The person who bought the house lives in a Northern state which could indicate a snowbird or a house flipper. That person may not live there full time. Sometimes people will sell a house and the new buyer does not think to change the locks (something you should always do) so it is possible that BL could gain access to this property if unoccupied with a key he used during the remodel.

Now look at this google map: Google Maps

The neighbor lady who lives on Ulster Avenue which is behind Wabasso said BL went into the woods at the end of their street which are the woods south of O'Reilly Auto Parts. That is a greenbelt that connects with the greenbelt (possible golf course) along S Sumter Blvd that leads to the greenbelt behind the house on Linksman Place.

I'm certain the FBI knows all of this and I'm late to the party. LOL.

Great catch. I still think he's flopping at someone's house, this makes sense, an empty house close by. It also is easy to drop off BL at the Reserve and he could walk out and back to that house. Also, sneak back to get supplies in the middle of the night BEFORE he is reported missing.
The photo of a Bl or a look-alike leaving the house on Sept. 17th. Was that verified to be him or still unsure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong