AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may have already been asked previously in Daniel’s thread.
Speculation; Mere Opinion of course…but I’m curious what the consensus is on what played a MAJOR role in Daniel’s disappearance?
•mental crisis
•physical episode
•the female
•random person/people
•a tragic accident
•Daniel’s personal decision
•other

What is Daniel's 'personal decision'...suicide?

My belief at this point is, Mental crisis, physical episode (sleep deprivation), rebuffed advances, tragic accident. I do not any longer think this was an intentional suicide (unless you count disrobing and being naked in the desert as an intent). As the family said, no long term mental heath issues diagnosed. (Of course, in my case I was very depressed/anxious from 12 and wasn't diagnosed till 33.).

I think the uprooting from S. Carolina, the covid closures, and a lack of diverse pool of friends here in Phoenix led to some isolation. He was very personable and outgoing but I'm not sure he was developing real friendships outside of work. I'm unsure where the "head over heels" over K came from. But I think the rebuff really set him back as his father has consistently said he is a "go-getter, outspoken, etc. I think this to excess may lead to stubbornness or a delayed development of accepting "no".

McGrath current hypothesis (the last interview that is) is he stayed up gaming all night, needed to rest and went off exactly to do that. Perhaps he only went a short distance away (it is hard to see through all the creosotes) and took his shoes and socks off to get comfortable. Lost the one sock....He may have moved at some point down to the detention basin. He woke up WAY later then he planned and thought he'd blown this first meeting with K Elliot. The sleep and anger/disappointment of the girl, maybe sets him off a psychic break and Anger Jag. He cuts out over desert and intentional or even accidentally puts the car in the ravine (and yes you can get up to 30 mph heading into that ravine from the last 50 yds at top).

Now he's really pissed, the air bags have deployed and fuel has cut off. He can't get it started and again in anger, he climbs out, picks up a big rock and starts bashing windshield, Drivers side window etc. maybe calms down and tries to get car out, turning the ignition over x number more times, googles or looks up resetting procedure. Gets car started but the angle it's sitting across the ravine when put in reverse, NOW causes the slide onto the side. And let's say just for grins and chuckles, he never turns the car off and it continues to run...with no wheels on the ground, they turn freely racking up miles (sensor in the transmission records miles these days so as long as it's in drive and wheels turn it records miles). Now he's really pissed and says "f " it all (and may have a little concussion). Strips/heads off down to the River. Possible thinking with the rain there may be water in the Hassayampa (but I checked there wasn't to get it really running much. He stops where the K-9 have scented, starts getting dehydrated can't get back to ravine (hard to recognize) starts down stream and unfortunately expires due to heat stroke/exhaustion. It comes on fast and if you can't get your temp down, your blood pressure tanks and you pass out and other organs start shutting down. We just haven't found him. July 25th Big rain in the Hassayampa watershed could move him further.

My wife has a variation that calls for him possibly leaving the car wrecked in the ravine (still not on it's side) and some deliquents come along and bash it up and then MAYBE realize they can start it but the same thing happens to them (car over on it's side). They scadaddle (! old guy talking!). When Daniel returns he sees the mess, then flips out in a similar fashion as described.

ALL A THEORY!! DON"T EVEN KNOW TO WHAT DEGREE I BUY-IN maybe 75-80%.
There are many little details that I can still make fit this scenario but it's late, almost 1:00am....

I've been pondering this for a day or so trying to decide if it is disorganised speech - (i'm not sure if it is still officially diagnostically called that or what it is called now if not, maybe word salad or schizophasia?)
anyway it's connected to several problems with the brain

i'm not sure
I don't know where to begin with this....

I got to search parts of the washes and Hassayampa river, tracks are easier printed since its mostly soft sand, all thru those areas i seen unlimited amounts of animal tracks, ranging from jackrabbits, cattle, to huge mtn lion. In most of the larger trees or bushes there are these "nesting" spots where large animal would most likely rest in the shade...a place i would take shelter on a hot sunny day , i tried looking at all the ones i could, found lots of animal bones. While i was searching i came across this blue ball(racketball) that was right in the middle of this "nest" and looked to be placed there, just looked really odd where it was, between two bushes in the middle. I was recording while i was walking and seen this ball, while i walked up to it i was reminded of how cats and dogs like to play with balls and would sometimes leave them on there favorite pillow, bed or whatever they like to sleep on. On a closer look i was able to see shoe or boot print under or next to this ball. This made me wonder if there are people living nearby.
Above SBM...

Not sure of your definition of "speculation" and "comprehending" what one reads...

But up thread I talked about everything you have noted above. The foot print next to the racquetball is by a searcher. Please go to Pleasehelpfinddaniel.com, searchfordaiel.org if you were not out there last Saturday to sign up to help. Those sites have info about the 8 organized searches already conducted. Many, like you, go out individually as well. Kudos to you actually getting in those mesquites, some of the organized searches, the participants are a little less industrious and the people on ATV wiz by in the wide washes and never get into the narrower ones. Please don't mistake my usual orange or lime green 'personal protection' shirts for a threatening animal!

Oh, the racquetball? On a search I found a golf ball?! I believe via discussing the 11 mile routing that you are aware Tartesso is only about 5 direct miles away.

Did "people living around here" actually mean "Living in the Hassayampa?" Only one actual private property with a resident refer back to my posted map, marked Private Property. And I'm pretty sure you stated based on visits to your cousins in Buckeye you knew the area.... that a lot of west valley folks use the area for shooting practice, bringing the kids, coolers, lunch and things to play with. (You will find MANY mylar balloons?!?! I guess from all the kids parties in Tartesso?) But most importantly, the basin extends from south of Prescott around Yarnell and Congress, flows right through Wickenburg and through housing developments up there. The ball could come from anywhere. My Golf Ball most likely came from Los Caballeros Golf Course or Copper Canyon up at Festival.

Q: those photos of red posts were to provide speculation for us? Because none of them looked dented and scrapped? (I downloaded into Photoshop , I'm a landscape photographer) Were they all taken within an 11 mile radius of the crash site?

Lastly, and I mean absolutely no disrespect, but if you are seriously concerned about the quality of the discussions, there are alternative sites.
Cheers! and Good Night!

Forgive me as I’m not caught up, but has there been any mention made of similarities in the disappearance of Terrence Woods? A bright, outgoing young professional from out of town suddenly leaving his rural job site, never to be seen again?
ID - ID - Terrence Woods, 27, missing, Penman Mine near Orogrande, 5 Oct 2018
Also, has paradoxical undressing been addressed? Thank you.
Paradoxical Undressing relates to hypothermia does it not? We are dealing with Heat Stroke and exhaustion in a desert environment. I just did a quick scan so tell me if I'm wrong.
Also Daniel was not "new" to the area. He has worked in the Phoenix area for 2 years and the firm he works for has many projects and sites in Buckeye. He just hadn't been to this particular site.

Right that’s the reason I’m asking. It doesn’t state specifically where, just 3 miles away, which is pretty far. I was curious if anyone had more info on it.
Modified my original answer from IMO North to about .5 miles East of the original work site. The sock on right is presumed the one found there. the center sock is the matching at the crash site but less sun damaged and the left is the mismatched Adidas sock. Q: where's the second Adidas sock? A. in car, B. In desert, C. In a box in storage with his other clothes, D in the basement of a mad man killer? Just kidding, we don't have basements in AZ.

Attachments

• socks.jpg
    socks.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 7
Missing geologist Daniel Robinson sent a desperate text to woman he barely knew before he vanished | Daily Mail Online

Just noting location mentioned

Robinson met K* on his side job delivering groceries for Instacart.

When he turned up with an order at her home in the Phoenix suburb of Laveen on June 12, K* and a friend who was with her, invited him in.

Buckeye to Laveen
40 miles, ~45 min drive
Google Maps

He stayed in Arizona, initially living with Prutsman and then getting his own apartment in Tempe.

Tempe
Google Maps
Correct but his Instcart gig was after hours and he would come from Tempe to Laveen, more like 20 miles if that.

BBM
YES!! Look at Jason Landry case.
Car found, apparently in accident and clothes found out on road.
He has yet to be found. :(
TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6 (websleuths.com)

I just don't know about Daniel though.
I can't put my finger on it, but I can't figure out if he was in an accident and wandered away
OR
If he purposely drove down the ravine
OR
If foul play is involved.

I do however feel his dad's pain and I am angry that LE told him 72 hours waiting time YIKES
We all know the first 24-48 hours are crucial.

I sure wish they would all change that time frame when someone is reported missing.
The 72 hours is a fabrication, see all the other MSM accounts were both Mr. Robinson and BUCKEYE PD say they had him wait 12 hours. The sent two officers through on thursday the next day. They denied the helicopter request for thursday and either flew it Friday or Saturday. Despite accounts MR. Robinson did not leave Colmbia at the earliest till Thursday night or Friday morning putting him in Phoenix lat saturday or Sunday. Depending on the reporter/interviewer you get different narratives over time. Please read ALL linked interviews and yes many are very redundant as they just share and piggy back on each other, but you will get little tidbits dropped in odd places and some misinformation that doesn't foot with prior statements. One of the things the volunteers involved find a little disconcerting. but Mr. Robinson IS very gracious in person and appreciative of all our efforts on behalf of Daniel.

@JJ Ray be able to offer more info.:)

I am not familiar with the area and can only point out info as it slowly “trickles” out through the media. With that being said, some of the info being stated by individuals (PI, family members) seem to change as it’s shared in various news articles…so I personally don’t know what’s correct.
It is a full time job! See other comment to @sparty

Paradoxical Undressing relates to hypothermia does it not? We are dealing with Heat Stroke and exhaustion in a desert environment. I just did a quick scan so tell me if I'm wrong.
Also Daniel was not "new" to the area. He has worked in the Phoenix area for 2 years and the firm he works for has many projects and sites in Buckeye. He just hadn't been to this particular site.
Yes, paradoxical undressing relates to hypothermia. I've always heard the desert gets cold at night (from tv and movies), but I didn't realize it hardly gets below 70 degrees in June. Duh. Sorry. I can't find anything about undressing with heat stroke, but I would think that might happen? Thanks for the reality check.

Last edited:
Yes, paradoxical undressing relates to hypothermia. I've always heard the desert gets cold at night (from tv and movies), but I didn't realize it hardly gets below 70 degrees in June. Duh. Sorry. I can't find anything about undressing with heat stroke, but I would think that might happen? Thanks for the reality check.
It wouldn’t seem he did it due to hypothermia as I think his car ended up where it did 4 hours later? But we don’t know when he disrobed. I don’t think it was cold enough at night for that to happen because it wasn’t cold enough. It’s perplexing.

The 72 hours is a fabrication, see all the other MSM accounts were both Mr. Robinson and BUCKEYE PD say they had him wait 12 hours. The sent two officers through on thursday the next day. They denied the helicopter request for thursday and either flew it Friday or Saturday. Despite accounts MR. Robinson did not leave Colmbia at the earliest till Thursday night or Friday morning putting him in Phoenix lat saturday or Sunday. Depending on the reporter/interviewer you get different narratives over time. Please read ALL linked interviews and yes many are very redundant as they just share and piggy back on each other, but you will get little tidbits dropped in odd places and some misinformation that doesn't foot with prior statements. One of the things the volunteers involved find a little disconcerting. but Mr. Robinson IS very gracious in person and appreciative of all our efforts on behalf of Daniel.
It’s disheartening that a helicopter was denied, time is extremely crucial in a harsh desert. But we don’t know the whole story I think. Availability and logistics may have hindered that. And red tape in things like this is is ridiculous.

^i was also wondering if it got cold enough at night for hypothermia

also do we know if Daniel could have been recently prescriped antipsychotics? they can cause it too
Google would provide that answer.
Medical information is covered by HIPPA, only friends or family that Daniel revealed that to would know. See comment #649 video from older brother. I wonder if at College of Charleston he didn't go to student mental health? It still has some stigma.

Actually about 80....now in the winter it can get really chilly like down to 32. Haha! We get so acclimated its ridiculous...

Is there any reason to think, he didn’t stop and change clothes after leaving the job site?

I don’t necessarily think he stripped and was without clothes. He may have had other clothes in his car that he changed into before or after the wreck. It seems more plausible than him just getting naked for unknown reasons.

Is there any reason to think, he didn’t stop and change clothes after leaving the job site?

I don’t necessarily think he stripped and was without clothes. He may have had other clothes in his car that he changed into before or after the wreck. It seems more plausible than him just getting naked for unknown reasons.

Im curious to what condition the clothes were in? Also we’re they scattered about?

It may have already been asked previously in Daniel’s thread.
Speculation; Mere Opinion of course…but I’m curious what the consensus is on what played a MAJOR role in Daniel’s disappearance?
•mental crisis
•physical episode
•the female
•random person/people
•a tragic accident
•Daniel’s personal decision
•other

I think Daniel’s mental state caused a tragic accident - Most of the time, but my mind does wander to foul play. MOO
The last text to K is odd. MOO
Edit: clarity.

Last edited:
I have followed this case on and off since the beginning and I never realized Daniel had an issue with his arm until just now! He's a beautiful human so I'm always just looking at his face. I'm praying his dad finds him, and God bless his dad for finding others' remains in the search for his son.

I think Daniel’s mental state caused a tragic accident - Most of the time, but my mind does wander to foul play. MOO
The last text to K is odd. MOO
Edit: clarity.
Regarding the last text to K:I watched the segment of the Gray Hughes video that @mlhenn posted (thank you!). I spent a long time slowing it down and taking screenshots of the parts of the police report that he showed. Wouldn't it be great to be able to read the whole thing? Maybe some of you have.

I noticed several things about the conversation and information surrounding K. The text messages the PD has between them were screenshots that K sent in, so it is possible that not all communication was sent. I am not saying that to cast doubt on her in any way- just trying to state any fact that I read. The first communication was that she sent him a link to a podcast the day after they met. Later in the report, the Daniel's sister says that K sent him this podcast and it was about showing him "how to view things in the world in a positive energy and to avoid negative energy". If I were throw out a guess, my guess would be that his last text was partially quoting or referencing the podcast she sent him. "The world can get better" sounds a lot like his sister's description of the podcast to me. I know that is a total guess, but if that is the case, it may not be as weird of a text.

Also, does anyone know if I were to upload a file that has the screenshots of their convo- does that violate any board rules since I took them off of someone else's video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks