Jimmy Ray Rodgers Sentenced to LIFE IN PRISON

Regardless if there are 4700 pages or 9700 pages, the appeal is an exercise in futility, in my opinion.
I have been thinking a lot about JRR's appeal. No matter the omissions or mistakes made during his trial. I am going to have to use the term Judge Kyle used to describe all the challenges made in MS's appeal....they will be "de minimus" compared to the weight of the evidence used to convict JRR. JRR, in his youthful life, had already been convicted of serious crimes and was on parole at the time of his involvement in Teresa's murder! He provided the jumpsuits, knew he was driving to Florida to commit a crime, was on the Walmart tapes, tried to destroy evidence and was consorting with another felon in violation of his terms of release. Simply saying, "Yah, I did all those things, but I wasn't planning on murdering anyone" just won't fly.....because the victim he robbed was killed in the process. If the courts do not sentence him under "repeat offender laws, " then what is the use of even having repeat offender laws???? Sure he is young, I get that, But this wasn't his first rodeo with the legal system. (I seem to remember he was in trouble for attempted murder with a vehicle?) Some people, regardless of age, will never value the laws and rules of a civilized society. Should I feel sorry for him because he was an active participant in a murder at age 25, but be angry be and throw the book at him because he committed them at age 35?
He made the decision to get in the car, lie to his parole officer, and cross state lines to commit a crime....that has never been in dispute.

You have to ask yourselves, "Jimmy was younger and stronger than CWW, what did he do to stop the attack?" No matter what occurred, he went along with the whole plan, right down to the bitter end. And, then drove the killer all the way back home. The whole situation is a tragedy...and the only person who offered an apology, to the family, still got 25 years in prison. Sick, sick, sick.

You have to ask yourselves, "Jimmy was younger and stronger than CWW, what did he do to stop the attack?" No matter what occurred, he went along with the whole plan, right down to the bitter end. And, then drove the killer all the way back home. The whole situation is a tragedy...and the only person who offered an apology, to the family, still got 25 years in prison. Sick, sick, sick.

Excellent point, IQ! And if JRR hadn't participated in the driving, Mr. Narcoleptic/Night-Blinder wouldn't have been able to complete the murderous journey.

Awww. Poor thing, I don't feel bad for him if he gets it. Actually I'd rather he not get it only because then he'd go to the infirmary or an actual hospital and well, he doesn't deserve to be outside of the prison walls.

I was thinking about the 3 musketeer murderers this week and their being stuck in a cell with no visitors under any circumstances due to COVID-19.

South Bay Correctional Facility

Wow! According to the FDC roster that I posted under Current News at the top of this thread, the South Bay Correctional Facility (where JRR is serving), has the WORST statistic for staff testing positive for Covid-19 in the whole state of Florida. (This roster gets updated daily.) 42!

Is staff not getting the PPE and support they need? We should not be hearing that the criminals are healthier than the guards!

Every time I think, "Oh he is so young and looks clueless as he sat in the courtroom." but every now and then, we get to see glimpses into his true nature. The look from the bailiff's face as JRR gives him the "hand signal" says it all foe me. A baby rattlesnake grows up to be a rattlesnake.upload_2021-8-7_9-19-7.png

Last edited:
Tattoo You!

I find it absolutely hilarious that this violent demon, JRR, had "F¿¢K THE FEDS" tattooed across the back of his shoulders--in tall letters--when in actuality, HE'S the one that's going to spend the rest of his life FACE DOWN in prison. Ain't that a b+tch?!

Coincidentally, and recently, JRR has also filed an appeal:

onlinedocketsdca.flcourts.org/DCAResults/CaseDocket?Searchtype=Case+Number&Court=2&CaseYear=2020&CaseNumber=0093

FL Second District Court of Appeal Docket, Case Number 2D20-0093
Lower Tribunal Case: 15-CF-673-A

Sorry, maybe someone can jump on this. Don't know why the link isn't turning blue, and having a difficult time with the Kindle. Thank you, in advance.

Last edited:
Coincidentally, and recently, JRR has also filed an appeal:

onlinedocketsdca.flcourts.org/DCAResults/CaseDocket?Searchtype=Case+Number&Court=2&CaseYear=2020&CaseNumber=0093

FL Second District Court of Appeal Docket, Case Number 2D20-0093
Lower Tribunal Case: 15-CF-673-A

Sorry, maybe someone can jump on this. Don't know why the link isn't turning blue, and having a difficult time with the Kindle. Thank you, in advance.
It appears your link is missing http:// at the beginning of the URL (web address) which I think is the trigger that will convert it to a clickable link.
Florida District Courts of Appeal Online Docket

Florida Second District Court of Appeal Docket
Case Docket
Case Number: 2D20-0093
Final Criminal Judgment and Sentence Notice from Lee County
JIMMY RAY RODGERS vs. STATE OF FLORIDA
Lower Tribunal Case(s):15-CF-673-A

It appears your link is missing http:// at the beginning of the URL (web address) which I think is the trigger that will convert it to a clickable link.

Florida Second District Court of Appeal Docket
Case Docket
Case Number: 2D20-0093
Final Criminal Judgment and Sentence Notice from Lee County
JIMMY RAY RODGERS vs. STATE OF FLORIDA
Lower Tribunal Case(s):15-CF-673-A

Thank you so much, SeesSeas, for coming to the rescue! I was too chicken to try that, for fear I would wipe everything out. Plus, I didn't know what the small "i" with the circle around it meant. Information closed? Internet secured? Thanks for helping me out. I appreciate your kindness. xoxoxo

I was as befuddled as the judge by the verdict, I do thim Jimmy was at the home, knew what was to happen, and was ok with that, but I have never thought Jimmy did any of the hammer attack,

I think wright was the only one doing the actual killing, and he got IMO one of the best deals I have ever seem considering what he did to Teresa

Thankyou CHELLY!!! The defense could never undo the three most damning things that could never be disputed.
1) He lied to his parole officer and his employer.
2) His nickname is Jimmy-the -Hammer and Teresa was killed by hammer wielding monster.
3) He "jumped up' (in my opinion and impression at the time) to get a good view of the autopsy photos as they were shown to the jury. I kept thinking he was drawn like a moth to a flame. (I think it went down just the way CWW testified in court. He already had his "2nd degree murder deal assured" and didn't need to cover for JRR.)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back