Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #138

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Minazoe, but regardless of his crimes, my basic idea is that, AFAICT, there's no actual physical evidence that any of us outside the investigation know. A man's history may be appalling, but we don't have anything concrete on anybody, it seems. "Looks like" and "history of" and "convicted of" ... those don't convict anybody, right? Fingerprints, security camera footage, testimony of others--those work. And none of the 'suspects' discussed have any such evidence against them--again, it looks like that to me, there is a LOT of content out on the web. MOO.

Welcome to this case, it sure is a frustrating one.
My point is if they have a suspect such as JBC <modsnip> (or any other POIs mentioned in this case) they have quite enough evidence already to charge.
- They should have a witness who can identify the suspect in a line up. There's been 2 sketches, implying at least 2 witnesses who saw BG. One of these witnesses would be able to positively ID him.
- If they have a suspect in mind (e.g. JBC) they can also match the the witness descriptions to the suspect they have in mind.
- It goes further, they have video evidence of BG so they can match features such as height to the suspect (e.g. JBC).
- And it goes further, they have a voice which they can match to their suspect. Sure the voice is hard to match if you don't have a suspect, but as soon as you have a suspect such as JBC you should be able to match his voice to the recording.

These are all facts we know.

There could also be additional evidence such as footprint / shoe size left at the scene which can be matched to the suspect.

All these elements alone don't mean much in isolation, but put together they would have quite a strong case against a suspect if they identified the right suspect. This makes me think that they have not been able to identify the right suspect.

The only way I can see JBC being a suspect is if he's some type of serial killer and they're working with him to ID other crimes therefore not announcing that he's a suspect in the Delphi Murders while that's ongoing. Otherwise they would have been able to confirm by now they have a suspect.

I still think based on all the above they don't have a suspect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to this case, it sure is a frustrating one.
My point is if they have a suspect such as JBC, <modsnip> (or any other POIs mentioned in this case) they have quite enough evidence already to charge.
- They should have a witness who can identify the suspect in a line up. There's been 2 sketches, implying at least 2 witnesses who saw BG. One of these witnesses would be able to positively ID him.
- If they have a suspect in mind (e.g. JBC) they can also match the the witness descriptions to the suspect they have in mind.
- It goes further, they have video evidence of BG so they can match features such as height to suspect (e.g. JBC).
- And it goes further, they have a voice which they can match to their suspect. Sure the voice is hard to match if you don't have a suspect, but as soon as you have a suspect such as JBC you should be able to match his voice to the recording.

These are all facts we know.

There could also be additional evidence such as footprint / shoe size left at the scene which can be matched to the suspect.

All these elements alone don't mean much in isolation, but put together they would have quite a strong case against a suspect if they identified the right suspect. This makes me think that they have not been able to identify the right suspect.

The only way I can see JBC being a suspect is if he's some type of serial killer and they're working with him to ID other crimes therefore not announcing that he's a suspect in the Delphi Murders while that's ongoing. Otherwise they would have been able to confirm by now they have a suspect.

I still think based on all the above they don't have a suspect.
First, eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable. Consider alone the fact that the two sketches LE has provided from witnesses really aren't very similar. That seems to tell us that eyewitness info may differ here.
Second, the "video" that LE has really isn't much more than a few grainy still frames that have been stabilized and adjusted to appear in a level display....from somewhat of a distance.
Third, the audio they have is less than pristine & consists of what? 4 or 5 words? Yeah, good luck matching a voice print with that.
As for shoe size, yep. They might be able to match a shoe size. ...for that matter, they could likely match shoe size to about 20 adults that happened to be within a 26 mile radius of that crime scene that day. So yeah. Shoe size (as is the case of so many other things) may help rule OUT a suspect, but it's hardly enough to positively ID the people.

I do appreciate you sharing these points of consideration though. I have asked before what members here believe that LE could use to positively identify any given person as positively being the killer in this case. My concern is that - assuming they don't have reliable DNA - it could be very hard to do that. Can you think of any further evidence that could tie a suspect to the crime scene? Cell phone/GPS data would be the one main item that comes to mind. ...assuming that the killer wouldn't have thought to shut their phone off, not taken it with them, or that that they even owned one.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's crazy to think about is that if the two cases are related, the killer might strike every five years. Which would mean 2022 would be his next attempt.
I've thought before that it might take this guy making another attempt to get caught.

If - big if - these two cases are connected, he might be killing whenever he enters the “killing cycle”, and we don’t know what triggers them. In Bundy’s case, he was escalating with time. GRK had long periods of “cooling down” when married. We really, don’t know about the BG.

First, eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable. Consider alone the fact that the two sketches LE has provided from witnesses really aren't very similar. That seems to tell us that eyewitness info may differ here.
Second, the "video" that LE has really isn't much more than a few grainy still frames that have been stabilized and adjusted to appear in a level display....from somewhat of a distance.
Third, the audio they have is less than pristine & consists of what? 4 or 5 words? Yeah, good luck matching a voice print with that.
As for shoe size, yep. They might be able to match a shoe size. ...for that matter, they could likely match shoe size to about 20 adults that happened to be within a 26 mile radius of that crime scene that day. So yeah. Shoe size (as is the case of so many other things) may help rule OUT a suspect, but it's hardly enough to positively ID the people.

I do appreciate you sharing these points of consideration though. I have asked before what members here believe that LE could use to positively identify any given person as positively being the killer in this case. My concern is that - assuming they don't have reliable DNA - it could be very hard to do that. Can you think of any further evidence that could tie a suspect to the crime scene? Cell phone/GPS data would be the one main item that comes to mind. ...assuming that the killer wouldn't have thought to shut their phone off, not taken it with them, or that that they even owned one.
Certainly GPS/phone data would help. The problem is if the killer admits to being there that day, the GPS/phone data means nothing. A witness who can identify someone who admits to being there means nothing.
Now...if the killer says he left at 2:00 but phone data tells a different story, he's got some explaining to do.

Just my opinion, but the unsolved status of this case is a function of the recent LE trend of releasing absolutely nothing to the public. Nothing.
Everyone understands LE should keep somethings to themselves, to help verify confessions etc. And no one, at least not me, is interested in graphic details.
But releasing zero information that someone might recognize as their quirky neighbors manner, or that odd way their uncle ties knots, etc has fast forwarded this case to where it is today. Nowhere. Now, almost five years later, it might be too late for it to matter.
Personally, at this time, I believe Chadwell is the guy. Handed to LE by his own stupid behavior, not by any great police work. If he’s not the guy, I’m not sure it will ever be solved. Too many mistakes by LE.

it was so interesting I was watching
this dateline about a guy who murdered his friend..

Watch Dateline NBC Season 30 Episode 2: The Bridge on Peacock

it went deeply into his his Facebook account and he had many cryptic postings..not unlike JBC..he also had 9 different personas on line..but anyway it was the same kind of cryptic, provocative comments and statements...that make sense in context of what he was found to be guilty of. It made me more certain then ever that we have the right man..

it's what they do...oh yeah...mOO

I'm bringing over the article about the new building LE have leased for their investigation. I'm having a problem deciding how the need for privacy fits with a possible further investigation into JC.
BBM
Agreed. Also, wasn't it said that additional investigative agencies are now becoming more involved? The move seems to me more like they're moving to a new strategy that will be more manpower intensive. Either way, these moves don't seem to jibe with narrowing in on one specific suspect. IMO

BBM
Agreed. Also, wasn't it said that additional investigative agencies are now becoming more involved? The move seems to me more like they're moving to a new strategy that will be more manpower intensive. Either way, these moves don't seem to jibe with narrowing in on one specific suspect. IMO
Here's what was said. It sure seems that they don't want anyone to know what's going on. Every announcement they make just leaves more questions.

Investigators with the sheriff's office and state police will use the building for interviews, follow up on leads and hold meetings with outside agencies.

Leazenby said it's important to have an isolated location because it will allow them to better focus on the investigation into the homicides of Abby Williams and Libby German.

"This is not what the sheriff or the commissioners or the county council want," Leazenby said.

I wonder how they justified it to the county council?

This all leads me to think they have someone in mind and it's going to be a big deal when people find out who it is. Is their intent to keep it all secret until they are sure they have a solid case?

What's crazy to think about is that if the two cases are related, the killer might strike every five years. Which would mean 2022 would be his next attempt.
I've thought before that it might take this guy making another attempt to get caught.
It was 4 years 7 months between Evansdale murders and Delphi murders or 1676 days.
4 years 7 months later would be 9/13/2021 but i don’t know of any double murders that day, I’ll go searching.
Kylen & Crystal were murdered about 8/13/2021 which would be 4 years 6 months from Delphi or 1642 days.

disclaimer: I’m not of the opinion that Evansdale & Delphi are connected or Moab. But just for discussion sake wanted to add details.

Edit: if one killer is responsible for all 3 i wouldn’t dismiss that he’s bad at math

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but the unsolved status of this case is a function of the recent LE trend of releasing absolutely nothing to the public. Nothing.
Everyone understands LE should keep somethings to themselves, to help verify confessions etc. And no one, at least not me, is interested in graphic details.
But releasing zero information that someone might recognize as their quirky neighbors manner, or that odd way their uncle ties knots, etc has fast forwarded this case to where it is today. Nowhere. Now, almost five years later, it might be too late for it to matter.
Personally, at this time, I believe Chadwell is the guy. Handed to LE by his own stupid behavior, not by any great police work. If he’s not the guy, I’m not sure it will ever be solved. Too many mistakes by LE.
I agree. Have they so little evidence that they can’t even give a few details to try and help solve this heinous crime? IMO

the place isn't a secret and the media will have no problem converging on that office..so it's not a secret office. I suppose they can close off the driveways..and it isn't on public county property so they may be able to control it differently ..but it's not secret...we all know where the new office is.

the new command center where they will work a serial killer case.

mOO

I wonder how they justified it to the county council?

This all leads me to think they have someone in mind and it's going to be a big deal when people find out who it is. Is their intent to keep it all secret until they are sure they have a solid case?

Probably. It's a pretty common strategy.

It was 4 years 7 months between Evansdale murders and Delphi murders or 1676 days.
4 years 7 months later would be 9/13/2021 but i don’t know of any double murders that day, I’ll go searching.
Kylen & Crystal were murdered about 8/13/2021 which would be 4 years 6 months from Delphi or 1642 days.

disclaimer: I’m not of the opinion that Evansdale & Delphi are connected or Moab. But just for discussion sake wanted to add details.

Edit: if one killer is responsible for all 3 i wouldn’t dismiss that he’s bad at math

Or that the interval is approximate, or seasonal. I didn't realize the Moab women were on the 13th too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288