Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this was a rumor that grew legs after MS was allowed to cut off her monitor herself at midnight, and previously told reporters that YT was full of videos on how to free oneself from ankle monitor. Unlike BM, MS was also on house arrest.

Martha Stewart to Remove Ankle Bracelet at Midnight

ETA:
The article did not say whether Stewart claimed ever to have actually taken the bracelet off.
I don't know. She said anybody could remove one, all they had to do was look on the internet. She complained about hers chafing her ankle. As I recall she was under house arrest for three more weeks, but I don't know if it was due to removing her ankle bracelet. Poor, poor Martha.
I found an article by Fox News that said she violated her probation by riding in an off road vehicle on her estate and attending a yoga class nearby.
I can't attach the article because I'm using my phone. Poor, poor Martha.

Last edited:
I don't know. She said anybody could remove one, all they had to do was look on the internet. She complained about hers chafing her ankle. .....I can't attach the article because I'm using my phone. Poor, poor Martha.

So Agree. It just must have been just awful cooking with an ankle bracelet on, can you imagine? :)
Me,too. Have followed long before this case. Not bragging that she followed me.. was seriously gobsmacked!

When you're hot you're hot!!!

Barry Mophew case: GPS signal can't be picked up from his home | 9news.com

As part of his bond, Murphey ordered Morphew to not travel outside Chaffee County without the court's permission, to surrender his passport and to wear an ankle monitor. Conditions were later modified by the court to allow Morphew to travel outside the county to meet with his attorneys or to service or maintain his GPS unit.

However, Salida-based Intervention Inc., which is tasked with monitoring the GPS system, wrote in a court filing on Sept. 21 that they're "unable to pick up a GPS or cell signal" in the area of Morphew's home.

Due to that lack of communication, the company said they cannot provide the court with any "battery or tamper alert information" when Morphew is at or near his home.

The motion asked the court for "further direction" on the "continued GPS monitoring requirements."

In a separate motion filed that same day, District Attorney Linda Stanley asked the court to modify Morphew's bond conditions to prevent him from living at a home on Puma Path Drive in Maysville which is frequently used as a vacation rental.

Stanley asked that he not be allowed to live there because it's only a "few hundred yards" from another home that Morphew was previously ordered to stay away from.

The people's motion was filed around the same time as the motion from Intervention Inc., so it's unclear if the DA knew about the GPS issues when it was filed.

Ummm, I’d like to know exactly when BM started paying rent at this Salida residence where SD lives, snipped from article at link below and BBM:

In her filing, Stanley points out that Barry Morphew currently pays rent at a residence in Salida, Colorado, which is near the courthouse, and also where Shoshona Darke lives.

So we know BM moved out of the PP residence and into the condo in Poncha Springs fairly quickly imo after SM went “missing”, and that he was still living in the PS condo when he got arrested and was sitting in jail ever since his arrest until his release on bond a couple weeks ago. And we now know that since he got released, he’s been living in his old neighborhood at the Cushman’s place likely for free, imo. So my question is, WHY would BM the self described tight-wad who was too cheap to pay for his community trash services, be paying rent at a residence in Salida where SD lives that he himself didn’t/doesn’t even live at either prior to his arrest or since his release from jail?!

I assume SD was already residing at this residence in Salida when BM got arrested and where I assume he must have told the court he’d be living after he got released, and perhaps produced a check made out for rent for that address as “proof” that’s where he was going to be living. If so, he lied about where he was going to be living (surprise, not!) as we now know he was living in his old neighborhood at the Cushman’s place, which imo he deliberately went to live at Cushman’s for a few reasons, to keep an eye on his former PP residence (observe if any hidden evidence got moved, potentially further tamper with evidence), intimidate the Ritter’s by moving in basically right next door to them, and now we know his ankle monitor also didn’t track him well there due to poor reception in the area, and he most definitely knew about the poor reception in the PP area. How he thought he wouldn’t get caught living where he wasn’t supposed to be living is beyond me but then again, this is entitled BM we’re talking about, no one’s gonna tell him what to do, thinks he’s smarter than everyone else, that rules and laws don’t apply to him and obviously thinks nothing of brazenly breaking them.

At any rate, it would be helpful to know whose name is on the Salida residence lease. I assume it’s in BM’s name but regardless, more importantly if he’s been paying rent for that place for a length of time prior to and since his arrest to present while obviously not/hasn’t lived there himself, then I’d have to assume the DA found out that he’s been paying the rent there for awhile and that’s where she prefers he lives for obvious reasons. IMO, there’s only one reason he’d be paying rent for a place he doesn’t even live at that SD lives at, and that’s because it must benefit HIM in some way, like oh I don’t know say some sort of “hush, hush” deal was made between him and SD. IOW, do what I ask, keep your mouth shut, and I’ll find/put you up in a nice place and pay your rent.

Ugh, I really hope between now and BM’s trial, LE/DA find out more about the mysterious 2nd device BM had because something tells me there’s potentially damning info/communications between BM and SD on that device. I mean, this woman SD who ‘supposedly’ met BM face to face for the first time at a DUMPSTER lol several months after the fact according to the lying liar BM, is the same woman that called in a tip about seeing a suspicious vehicle on PP area the day SM went missing, really?! I suppose I’m supposed to believe that’s just another ‘coincidence’ on top of the mountainous pile of other ‘coincidences’ in this case. Yeah rigghhttt. This is also the same woman who deleted stuff on her phone from BM in front of LE, pulled up in BM’s truck and harassed a woman in front of the woman’s children and accused her of being BM’s enemy, trespassed on private property to grab a package off the porch of BM’s former residence, so I can’t help but wonder what else has SD done for, and to protect BM. I think that 2nd device might answer those questions so hopefully LE/DA are able to figure that all out too before trial.

All things considered, I’m thinking quite possibly BM & SD met/became involved before SM went “missing” and that SD knows a lot more than she’s saying and possibly even involved in some aspect/s of at the very least, the coverup. IMO, BM and SD are cut from the same cloth, two peas in a pod, and deserve each other. SMDH. I hope she turns on him and starts singing like a canary sooner rather than later.

Barry Morphew: Court docs reveal issues with GPS monitor, daughter's 'social relationship' with probation rep

All of the above IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
What is making people think SD is living at Cushman’s?

I don’t know about “ living there”. How do we define that ? Did she forward her mail there, does she have a key? Did BM clear out a dresser drawer for her?

I absolutely think she is sleeping over there due to the fact that BM was staying overnight at her place before his arrest. They spent a weekend at the Antlers Hilton just 6 weeks before his arrest.

The main reason I think she is staying with him is because she just went over ON FOOT to a neighboring house and trespassed for him.

When you’re “ an item “ you usually spend most of your days and nights together.
JMO

Attachments

• 7D8DE891-D218-4136-87F0-BB6B33D70D30.jpeg
    7D8DE891-D218-4136-87F0-BB6B33D70D30.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 36
Ummm, I’d like to know exactly when BM started paying rent at this Salida residence where SD also lives, snipped from article at link below and BBM:

In her filing, Stanley points out that Barry Morphew currently pays rent at a residence in Salida, Colorado, which is near the courthouse, and also where Shoshona Darke lives.

So we know BM moved out of the PP residence and into the condo in Poncha Springs fairly quickly imo after SM went “missing”, and that he was still living in the PS condo when he got arrested and was sitting in jail ever since his arrest until his release on bond a couple weeks ago. And we now know that since he got released, he’s been living in his old neighborhood at the Cushman’s place likely for free, imo. So my question is, WHY would BM the self described tight-wad who was too cheap to pay for his community trash services, be paying rent at a residence in Salida where SD lives that he himself didn’t/doesn’t even live at either prior to his arrest or since his release from jail?!

I assume SD was already residing at this residence in Salida when BM got arrested and where I assume he must have told the court he’d be living after he got released, and perhaps produced a check made out for rent for that address as “proof” that’s where he was going to be living. If so, he lied about where he was going to be living (surprise, not!) as we now know he was living in his old neighborhood at the Cushman’s place, which imo he deliberately went to live at Cushman’s for a few reasons, to keep an eye on his former PP residence (observe if any hidden evidence got moved, potentially further tamper with evidence), intimidate the Ritter’s by living basically right next door to them, and now we know his ankle monitor also didn’t track him well there due to poor reception in the area, and he most definitely knew about the poor reception in the PP area. How he thought he wouldn’t get caught living where he wasn’t supposed to be living is beyond me but then again, this is entitled BM we’re talking about, no one’s gonna tell him what to do, thinks he’s smarter than everyone else, that rules and laws don’t apply to him and obviously thinks nothing of brazenly breaking them.

At any rate, it would be helpful to know whose name is on the Salida residence lease. I assume it’s in BM’s name but regardless, more importantly if he’s been paying rent for that place for a length of time prior to and since his arrest to present while obviously not/hasn’t lived there himself, then I’d have to assume the DA found out that he’s been paying the rent there for awhile and that’s where she prefers he lives for obvious reasons. IMO, there’s only one reason he’d be paying rent for a place he doesn’t even live at that SD lives at, and that’s because it must benefit HIM in some way, like oh I don’t know say some sort of “hush, hush” deal was made between him and SD. IOW, do what I ask, keep your mouth shut, and I’ll find/put you up in a nice place and pay your rent.

Ugh, I really hope between now and BM’s trial, LE/DA find out more about the mysterious 2nd device BM had because something tells me there’s potentially damning info/communications between BM and SD on that device. I mean, this woman SD who ‘supposedly’ met BM face to face for the first time at a DUMPSTER lol several months after the fact according to the lying liar BM, is the same woman that called in a tip about seeing a suspicious vehicle on PP area the day SM went missing, really?! I suppose I’m supposed to believe that’s just another ‘coincidence’ on top of the mountainous pile of other ‘coincidences’ in this case. Yeah rigghhttt. This is also the same woman who deleted stuff on her phone from BM in front of LE, pulled up in BM’s truck and harassed a woman in front of the woman’s children and accused her of being BM’s enemy, trespassed on private property to grab a package off the porch of BM’s former residence, so I can’t help but wonder what else has SD done for, and to protect BM. I think that 2nd device might answer those questions so hopefully LE/DA are able to figure that all out too before trial.

All things considered, I’m thinking quite possibly BM & SD met/became involved before SM went “missing” and that SD knows a lot more than she’s saying and possibly even involved in some aspect/s of at the very least, the coverup. IMO, BM and SD are cut from the same cloth, two peas in a pod, and deserve each other. SMDH. I hope she turns on him and starts singing like a canary sooner rather than later.

Barry Morphew: Court docs reveal issues with GPS monitor, daughter's 'social relationship' with probation rep

All of the above IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Thanks for the interesting post @fcavanaugh
You know, the current situation w/SD&BM is almost comical
IMO we did not see Sho at the PM hearing because BM’s legal gals really hoped to keep BM and SD’s relationship/ shacking up situation, on the down low
And now…a dumb little thing like making a poor choice for Sho to retrieve that package at the BM’s former residence, has blown the relationship wide open in a very public way
and all the little details are beginning to drip,drp,drip out …
It has to unnerving for the defense
IMO

Why would BM have something shipped to the house on Puma Path to begin with? He hasn't lived there in over a year.

That was no accident, IMO.
I agree. IMO he wanted to know if they have a working surveillance system. I don’t think Suzanne is on the property but there might be some other evidence he wants to keep an eye on. SD is just asking for trouble if she remains in a relationship with him.

Maybe he's footing the bill for the rent for SD's daughter and her boyfriend that he initially accused of having something to do with Suzanne's disappearance?
Barry would choke on paying someone else's rent IMO.
Don't think he ever meant SD's daughter's boyfriend...think at the time he meant SD's daughter and SD's boyfriend....I honestly think the idea was to draw suspicion to SD's fiancé. IMO.

Last edited:
Barry would choke on paying someone else's rent IMO.
Don't think he ever meant SD's daughter's boyfriend...think at the time he meant SD's daughters and SD's boyfriend....I honestly think the idea was to draw suspicion to SD's fiancé. IMO.

The wording in the AA was unclear and could be interpreted either way but knowing the drama about Sho and her ex-boyfriend/fiance, yes, I also think Barry was intentionally casting aspersions at Sho's boyfriend, not Sho's daughter's boyfriend.

Regarding paying SD’s rent...yes Barry seems like a cheapskate and only doles out money for a good reason. That reason would be a quid pro quo with SD. No doubt there is an exchange of obligations between them. Barry gives her financial assistance (bags of buried cash??) and SD does a motley array of errands for him, including illegal tresspassing, "porch pirate" activities (per local paper), and maybe helping plan a murder and dispose of the body and evidence, and obstruct LE investigations (delete cell phone messages, make claims of "suspicious vehicles" in the area when Barry murdered Suzanne).

opinions only...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members