Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this were done by a stranger who was an SK known to target national parks though, would Gabbys' body have been found at all? I don't think so, jmo.

I get what you're saying though. Even if BL isn't guilty, it will be difficult to prove his innocence given all the strikes against him.
Without the assistance of social media, her body may actually never have been found, IMO. I haven't heard national media coverage on the other missing persons, I believe that media coverage is what caused people to take notice of events they witnessed.

From the phone records, they will be able to determine the date that the text was sent. It was received by Gabby's mother on the 30th. So it was sent on the 30th at the very latest.

True, I was just saying that we, meaning non-LE, don't know anything about the text other than what her mother reported. And all she will know is when she received it, not necessarily when it was sent. LE knows though.

It’s important to note that the coroner ruled the manner of death as a homicide just after 2 days of conducting the autopsy

This is simply my opinion based on videos, photos and news reports.

Been studying the area where Gabby's body was located across the creek. Her mother stated it was about a 5 minute walk to where Gabby's van was located in the Red, White and Bethune video. It's in an area where folks may hike but are not likely to camp there. However, her stepfather said there was a possible circle of stones for a firepit and a flat area where a tent may have been set up.

IMHOO I feel BL chose this isolated location with a specific intention in mind. He made sure it had a view of the mountains so Gabby wouldn't be suspcious of his intentions. Further, I think when he flew home to FL, he returned knowing he would kill her. Yes, I do believe he set their camp in that particular spot so he could murder Gabby. It's just a working theory I have; nothing more.

Also, in full length photos of BL, I notice a distinct black line that oddly appears to outline his silhouette. It is not due to filters or enhancements. It is because his body hair is thick and black. His legs are quite hairy. It's very distinctive.

Some photos of him show an unkept black mustache as it begins to cover his lips. If he intends to hide in plain sight, he needs to shave those legs and possibly his arms as well. I'm not fond of him or I'd post a screen shot but not on Gabby's threads. I will not put his picture here.

JMHOO

Serious question, is there a good reason that we are not considering that others could be involved?

I realize we are confined here to discuss only Brian, as a person of interest and indicted on a debit card charge.

But as a forum based on justice for Gabby, is it possible to consider and theorize that the ultimate finding of justice might include OTHERS that we are either unaware of or only allowed to poke around the edges of? Opinions only, within the guidelines?

This case doesn't seem nearly as weird to me, if Brian is innocent or in witness protection. And yes, I get how very unlikely that is, but if either of those IS the case, this situation makes perfect sense, to me. Moo!!!

Otherwise, yes, if he is guilty it is quite the square peg in a round hole. IMO! KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) or not, it sure is unusual. IMO, JMO, MOO-sometimes outloud.
If someone else did it, why didn't Brian go to authorities? Surely the evidence would tell the story, right?

Serious question, is there a good reason that we are not considering that others could be involved?

I realize we are confined here to discuss only Brian, as a person of interest and indicted on a debit card charge.

But as a forum based on justice for Gabby, is it possible to consider and theorize that the ultimate finding of justice might include OTHERS that we are either unaware of or only allowed to poke around the edges of? Opinions only, within the guidelines?

This case doesn't seem nearly as weird to me, if Brian is innocent or in witness protection. And yes, I get how very unlikely that is, but if either of those IS the case, this situation makes perfect sense, to me. Moo!!!

Otherwise, yes, if he is guilty it is quite the square peg in a round hole. IMO! KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) or not, it sure is unusual. IMO, JMO, MOO-sometimes outloud.
IMO, many federal agencies would be facing quite a lot of scrutiny and more (I’d guess congressional hearings) if the FBI was conducting a federal manhunt for someone who was already in witness protection. Not only would it damage the public’s faith in law enforcement, the cost would be outrageous and these officers could be looking into other cases whose families also want answers. JMO.

What HLN curiously said was that the NPPD released a statement that they "did" have eyes on BL though never spoke with him but then they said they never saw him from the 11th on. Strange statement. Waiting for BE or someone to get the official statement and post it. MOO. The statement really doesn't sound right considering Dog had to tell them they were at Fort DeSoto. If they eyes on him until the 11th, they'd know this. MOO IMO
But if the missing person report wasn't issued until the evening of the 11th, why would NPPD have eyes on him before that? Maybe they meant they never actually saw him at all, in person? They have video footage of him before the 11th.

This is why I don't think this was well-planned or executed. He could have dropped the van off at a small airport and flew off to Latin America or Russia. Send a few postcards saying you two went to Europe and he'd have a month or two head start on the police.

Driving back to your parents house just waiting for everyone to find out what happened? Yikes. Does not sound like someone who thinks two steps ahead.
Agreed. None of this was planned, IMO. Something very bad happened in Wyoming and Brian scurried back to the safety of his parents. He likely told them some version of, "It's over. For good this time. Gabby went <somewhere> and will make arrangements to pick up her things in a couple weeks." End of.

Then he sat back and just waited. When are her parents going to start calling? Is her body going to be found? When are they going to start asking me questions? What am I going to say? Which all comes to pass, of course.

Instead of dealing with it, he just takes off with some vague plan of camping and hiking and living off the land. This kid is not a mastermind. He's been lucky so far, nothing more.

JMO

Imo, they need to get them off the streets without gaming the system. Also, afaik, they haven't said one word about Brian Laundrie being a danger to the public.
How is bank fraud "gaming the system" if he's guilty of it as well? I consider him dangerous after learning of how he confronted staff at the Merry Piglets restaurant. We don't know if he's armed...

Maybe Brian had this exact thought. And that's why he's running instead of trying to convince everyone of his innocence. He knows nobody will believe him.

Wild thought... the killer standing over Gabby. Laughing as he tells Brian that he will be the one blamed.

But probably not. I would hope in that scenario, Brian would man up and try to revenge her murder. Not run.

In this unlikely scenario, he could be doing exactly that, the Fugitive 2021.

I tend to agree with other posters who have said that he was mad at her for apologizing for him after he confronted the Merry Piglets restaurant staff. I think his domestic violence escalated and he killed her. It wasn't necessarily planned, and he didn't have a good plan once he'd done it.
What he did was so cackhanded, it would be difficult to see it as a plan.. but , that said, I think he had flirted with the idea of Gabby being dead .. not necessarily him killing her, but that end game must surely have crossed his mind, considering the outcome, Gabby's death.

His screeching bad temper, which I propose he fed and watered , it was important to him, he liked to let it fly in public as told in reports in the few weeks leading up to the killing, so he surely gave vent to it in private, at lone camping sites, in places where people don't ring the police, unlike that hero in Moab...

That bloke in Moab rang the police because he saw something so vicious, so outrageous, so shocking, so out of the ordinary push and shove one sometimes sees, so far out of slightly abnormal we all tolerate at times, that he put himself on the line for it.

Brian probably did that kind of ghastliness all the time on that road trip.

I noticed he said that the van doors were closed when they went past but people have said they saw the door being pulled shut. I could never see that.
Me neither! At first I thought I must be unobservant or need new glasses. But I’ve watched & watched & taken rapid-fire screenshots of the footage- even the slow-mo one & I CANNOT SEE THAT VAN DOOR IN ANYTHING BUT THE CLOSED POSITION. Maybe there’s an edited messed-with version out there to look this way? I see no evidence of a van door closing in the official RW&B footage. Jmo, moo etc.

It probably was a card for GP's account. BUT we don't know that for sure IMO.

While it's true all kinds of things happen if a bank is notified of a death (accounts frozen, safety deposit boxes sealed and any POA automatically ended at death), knowing all that and knowing BL has been charged doesn't allow us to work backwards and be absolutely sure it was her card. From what the attorney said, it also could have been a card GP was given to use in case of emergency-- hence "her card." And BL's use wouldn't have been legal in that case either.
JMO
That being the case why would a grand jury indict him? The warrant stated the last 4 of the 2 accounts, he was seen on video using them, they were NOT his accounts per a federal grand jury. BLs and GPs attorneys both state the account was GPs.

Moo...

If someone else did it, why didn't Brian go to authorities? Surely the evidence would tell the story, right?

My theory is that, if Brian didn't do it, he didn't know she was dead and thought she took off. That's why I was interested in how far away Gabby's body was from the van and how hard it was to find her. I think the only possible explanation for this other than he killed her is that he thought she left, for whatever reason, didn't come back, didn't answer her phone, etc. So he waited for a couple of days, looked around and didn't find her, and decided she wasn't coming back. jmo

If this were done by a stranger who was an SK known to target national parks though, would Gabbys' body have been found at all? I don't think so, jmo.

I get what you're saying though. Even if BL isn't guilty, it will be difficult to prove his innocence given all the strikes against him.

Yeah, I'm not buying it.

A serial killer lurking around their campsite just waiting for Brian to leave her alone? The chances of this are so low; and IMO, once we start hearing the real details leading up to Gabby's unfortunate demise, this will be obvious.

Jose Baez comes to mind.

I rest my case, lol. (You don't see him volunteering, do you? And he's even qualified in the state!)

Nope, nobody wants to touch him, AFAICT; which just goes to show you what a fool's errand any defense of BL's will be.

Without the assistance of social media, her body may actually never have been found, IMO. I haven't heard national media coverage on the other missing persons, I believe that media coverage is what caused people to take notice of events they witnessed.

Sorry! What I meant was that if a seasoned murderer had committed this act, they likely would have done more to conceal the body. I'm amazed at the way social media played such an important role. Thankfully the Bethune family was there to document that moment.

It's actually quite disturbing to think that BL didn't bother to cover GP. She deserved better than that.

This is simply my opinion based on videos, photos and news reports.

Been studying the area where Gabby's body was located across the creek. Her mother stated it was about a 5 minute walk to where Gabby's van was located in the Red, White and Bethune video. It's in an area where folks may hike but are not likely to camp there. However, her stepfather said there was a possible circle of stones for a firepit and a flat area where a tent may have been set up.

IMHOO I feel BL chose this isolated location with a specific intention in mind. He made sure it had a view of the mountains so Gabby wouldn't be suspcious of his intentions. Further, I think when he flew home to FL, he returned knowing he would kill her. Yes, I do believe he set their camp in that particular spot so he could murder Gabby. It's just a working theory I have; nothing more.

Also, in full length photos of BL, I notice a distinct black line that oddly appears to outline his silhouette. It is not due to filters or enhancements. It is because his body hair is thick and black. His legs are quite hairy. It's very distinctive.

Some photos of him show an unkept black mustache as it begins to cover his lips. If he intends to hide in plain sight, he needs to shave those legs and possibly his arms as well. I'm not fond of him or I'd post a screen shot but not on Gabby's threads. I will not put his picture here.

JMHOO

Good observe.
I can’t stand that engagement photo of them.
IMO just don’t show him WITH her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member