Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
supposedly, any tampering with the device will trigger an alert...We know Barry wants to put it on airplane mode....If I were to hazard a guess...Barry would attempt his shenanigans when the battery runs out...thinking he can claim it didn't properly recharge....jmo
Isn't that the problem though? It *can't * send an alert if it can't get a signal.

Regarding why BM is paying SD's rent, I think part of the equation is appearances.

In addition to the quid pro quo.

Barry would love to have everyone believe he is a multi-millionaire, that he didn't murder his missing wife, that he is a "good catch" when it comes to women, buddy buddy with the guys.

All the above is a facade.

Appearances are everything to the narcissist.

JMVHO.

I'll flat out tell everybody right now that there's no way on earth I could sleep with an ankle monitor on my leg. I'd have remove it when I toggle at night. All I want touching this happy little body are clean bed linens. Period.

I'm like the Princess and the Pea. No crumbs in my bed or I can't sleep. Can't imagine a piece of hardware on my leg. That would be pure torture! :eek:

There must be a way to remove it at night and put it back on in the mornings, right?

I'll flat out tell everybody right now that there's no way on earth I could sleep with an ankle monitor on my leg. I'd have remove it when I toggle at night. All I want touching this happy little body are clean bed linens. Period.

I'm like the Princess and the Pea. No crumbs in my bed or I can't sleep. Can't imagine a piece of hardware on my leg. That would be pure torture! :eek:

There must be a way to remove it at night and put it back on in the mornings, right?

Lol. Concerned about a felony charge coming our way, are we?

Ummm, I’d like to know exactly when BM started paying rent at this Salida residence where SD lives, snipped from article at link below and BBM:

In her filing, Stanley points out that Barry Morphew currently pays rent at a residence in Salida, Colorado, which is near the courthouse, and also where Shoshona Darke lives.

So we know BM moved out of the PP residence and into the condo in Poncha Springs fairly quickly imo after SM went “missing”, and that he was still living in the PS condo when he got arrested and was sitting in jail ever since his arrest until his release on bond a couple weeks ago. And we now know that since he got released, he’s been living in his old neighborhood at the Cushman’s place likely for free, imo. So my question is, WHY would BM the self described tight-wad who was too cheap to pay for his community trash services, be paying rent at a residence in Salida where SD lives that he himself didn’t/doesn’t even live at either prior to his arrest or since his release from jail?!

I assume SD was already residing at this residence in Salida when BM got arrested and where I assume he must have told the court he’d be living after he got released, and perhaps produced a check made out for rent for that address as “proof” that’s where he was going to be living. If so, he lied about where he was going to be living (surprise, not!) as we now know he was living in his old neighborhood at the Cushman’s place, which imo he deliberately went to live at Cushman’s for a few reasons, to keep an eye on his former PP residence (observe if any hidden evidence got moved, potentially further tamper with evidence), intimidate the Ritter’s by moving in basically right next door to them, and now we know his ankle monitor also didn’t track him well there due to poor reception in the area, and he most definitely knew about the poor reception in the PP area. How he thought he wouldn’t get caught living where he wasn’t supposed to be living is beyond me but then again, this is entitled BM we’re talking about, no one’s gonna tell him what to do, thinks he’s smarter than everyone else, that rules and laws don’t apply to him and obviously thinks nothing of brazenly breaking them.

At any rate, it would be helpful to know whose name is on the Salida residence lease. I assume it’s in BM’s name but regardless, more importantly if he’s been paying rent for that place for a length of time prior to and since his arrest to present while obviously not/hasn’t lived there himself, then I’d have to assume the DA found out that he’s been paying the rent there for awhile and that’s where she prefers he lives for obvious reasons. IMO, there’s only one reason he’d be paying rent for a place he doesn’t even live at that SD lives at, and that’s because it must benefit HIM in some way, like oh I don’t know say some sort of “hush, hush” deal was made between him and SD. IOW, do what I ask, keep your mouth shut, and I’ll find/put you up in a nice place and pay your rent.

Ugh, I really hope between now and BM’s trial, LE/DA find out more about the mysterious 2nd device BM had because something tells me there’s potentially damning info/communications between BM and SD on that device. I mean, this woman SD who ‘supposedly’ met BM face to face for the first time at a DUMPSTER lol several months after the fact according to the lying liar BM, is the same woman that called in a tip about seeing a suspicious vehicle on PP area the day SM went missing, really?! I suppose I’m supposed to believe that’s just another ‘coincidence’ on top of the mountainous pile of other ‘coincidences’ in this case. Yeah rigghhttt. This is also the same woman who deleted stuff on her phone from BM in front of LE, pulled up in BM’s truck and harassed a woman in front of the woman’s children and accused her of being BM’s enemy, trespassed on private property to grab a package off the porch of BM’s former residence, so I can’t help but wonder what else has SD done for, and to protect BM. I think that 2nd device might answer those questions so hopefully LE/DA are able to figure that all out too before trial.

All things considered, I’m thinking quite possibly BM & SD met/became involved before SM went “missing” and that SD knows a lot more than she’s saying and possibly even involved in some aspect/s of at the very least, the coverup. IMO, BM and SD are cut from the same cloth, two peas in a pod, and deserve each other. SMDH. I hope she turns on him and starts singing like a canary sooner rather than later.

Barry Morphew: Court docs reveal issues with GPS monitor, daughter's 'social relationship' with probation rep

All of the above IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
I wonder, why SD on a SUNDAY (MD) saw suspicious cars around PP home of SM/BM. Why was she in the vicinity of the house at all? She didn't live there and I imagine, cleaning ladies haven't to clean a client's home on Sundays. So why was she able to watch suspicious cars?
I don't know, if SD's boyfriend was her ex-boyfriend or not, but where did he live on MD in 2020? Why was he able to see a car or cars, which didn't belong there, at PP?
It doesn't make sense, I think, that both of them SD and ex/boyfriend saw something. If they did indeed, why were they cruising around this property? Too much time on hand and weekend boredom?

Ummm, I’d like to know exactly when BM started paying rent at this Salida residence where SD lives, snipped from article at link below and BBM:

In her filing, Stanley points out that Barry Morphew currently pays rent at a residence in Salida, Colorado, which is near the courthouse, and also where Shoshona Darke lives.

So we know BM moved out of the PP residence and into the condo in Poncha Springs fairly quickly imo after SM went “missing”, and that he was still living in the PS condo when he got arrested and was sitting in jail ever since his arrest until his release on bond a couple weeks ago. And we now know that since he got released, he’s been living in his old neighborhood at the Cushman’s place likely for free, imo. So my question is, WHY would BM the self described tight-wad who was too cheap to pay for his community trash services, be paying rent at a residence in Salida where SD lives that he himself didn’t/doesn’t even live at either prior to his arrest or since his release from jail?!

I assume SD was already residing at this residence in Salida when BM got arrested and where I assume he must have told the court he’d be living after he got released, and perhaps produced a check made out for rent for that address as “proof” that’s where he was going to be living. If so, he lied about where he was going to be living (surprise, not!) as we now know he was living in his old neighborhood at the Cushman’s place, which imo he deliberately went to live at Cushman’s for a few reasons, to keep an eye on his former PP residence (observe if any hidden evidence got moved, potentially further tamper with evidence), intimidate the Ritter’s by moving in basically right next door to them, and now we know his ankle monitor also didn’t track him well there due to poor reception in the area, and he most definitely knew about the poor reception in the PP area. How he thought he wouldn’t get caught living where he wasn’t supposed to be living is beyond me but then again, this is entitled BM we’re talking about, no one’s gonna tell him what to do, thinks he’s smarter than everyone else, that rules and laws don’t apply to him and obviously thinks nothing of brazenly breaking them.

At any rate, it would be helpful to know whose name is on the Salida residence lease. I assume it’s in BM’s name but regardless, more importantly if he’s been paying rent for that place for a length of time prior to and since his arrest to present while obviously not/hasn’t lived there himself, then I’d have to assume the DA found out that he’s been paying the rent there for awhile and that’s where she prefers he lives for obvious reasons. IMO, there’s only one reason he’d be paying rent for a place he doesn’t even live at that SD lives at, and that’s because it must benefit HIM in some way, like oh I don’t know say some sort of “hush, hush” deal was made between him and SD. IOW, do what I ask, keep your mouth shut, and I’ll find/put you up in a nice place and pay your rent.

Ugh, I really hope between now and BM’s trial, LE/DA find out more about the mysterious 2nd device BM had because something tells me there’s potentially damning info/communications between BM and SD on that device. I mean, this woman SD who ‘supposedly’ met BM face to face for the first time at a DUMPSTER lol several months after the fact according to the lying liar BM, is the same woman that called in a tip about seeing a suspicious vehicle on PP area the day SM went missing, really?! I suppose I’m supposed to believe that’s just another ‘coincidence’ on top of the mountainous pile of other ‘coincidences’ in this case. Yeah rigghhttt. This is also the same woman who deleted stuff on her phone from BM in front of LE, pulled up in BM’s truck and harassed a woman in front of the woman’s children and accused her of being BM’s enemy, trespassed on private property to grab a package off the porch of BM’s former residence, so I can’t help but wonder what else has SD done for, and to protect BM. I think that 2nd device might answer those questions so hopefully LE/DA are able to figure that all out too before trial.

All things considered, I’m thinking quite possibly BM & SD met/became involved before SM went “missing” and that SD knows a lot more than she’s saying and possibly even involved in some aspect/s of at the very least, the coverup. IMO, BM and SD are cut from the same cloth, two peas in a pod, and deserve each other. SMDH. I hope she turns on him and starts singing like a canary sooner rather than later.

Barry Morphew: Court docs reveal issues with GPS monitor, daughter's 'social relationship' with probation rep

All of the above IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
At some point, I think sooner rather than later...Barry is going to begin to run out of money. Lets not forget, that is his lifeblood. How Barry responds and behaves as financial pressures begin to squeeze him...and they will only get progressively worse.....is going to be a gamechanger.

The wording in the AA was unclear and could be interpreted either way but knowing the drama about SD and her ex-boyfriend/fiance, yes, I also think Barry was intentionally casting aspersions at Sd’s boyfriend, not SD’s daughter's boyfriend.

Regarding paying SD’s rent...yes Barry seems like a cheapskate and only doles out money for a good reason. That reason would be a quid pro quo with SD. No doubt there is an exchange of obligations between them. Barry gives her financial assistance (bags of buried cash??) and SD does a motley array of errands for him, including illegal tresspassing, "porch pirate" activities (per local paper), and maybe helping plan a murder and dispose of the body and evidence, and obstruct LE investigations (delete cell phone messages, make claims of "suspicious vehicles" in the area when Barry murdered Suzanne).

opinions only...
It's odd, then, if Barry were casting aspersions at SD’s former boyfriend....wasn't it also the case that the former boyfriend also called in a suspicious vehicle sighting on the same date that Sho did? Is he friend or foe?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder, why SD on a SUNDAY (MD) saw suspicious cars around PP home of SM/BM. Why was she in the vicinity of the house at all? She didn't live there and I imagine, cleaning ladies haven't to clean a client's home on Sundays. So why was she able to watch suspicious cars?
I managed vacation property rentals in Colorado. Housekeepers still clean houses on Sundays.
That said, I’m not attempting to defend any of SD’s actions. Just wanted to say she could still claim that she had a “legitimate” reason to be there.

You’d better not plan on getting arrested then. You would be in for many a sleepless night :)

But wouldn’t it be easier to sleep at home while wearing a monitor than in a jail cell?

If the monitors were able to be removed at night, a criminal could take it off, leave it in bed, and spend the night anywhere.

Even when a person is hospitalized the monitors stay on.

DA requests Barry Morphew's bond be revoked because ankle monitor can't be detected

From the article:

According to court documents obtained by The Gazette, Morphew owns a home near the Chaffee County Courthouse within reach of cellphone towers. Prosecutors want him to live there so they can keep tabs on his location.

He does?

Quoting myself, because if you read the affidavit, it states that he is paying rent on a house on Ponca Blvd. Not that he owns it. Bad fact checking on that article.

Is there any way we can find out how long he has been renting this property? Any property details anywhere.. how many bedrooms etc?
We do not know if he is renting or if SD is renting. The property owner will know. We only know from the AA that allegedly Barry is paying the rent. Most landlords really don't care who is coming up with the rent money...they care about who is in the house and who is on the lease and that they get paid on time in my opinion as a landlord along with the other lease conditions around utilities, garbage etc. etc. The lease, if the landlord is experienced, will also stipulate how many people can live in the house and sometimes who they are. This makes it complicated if SD is the tenant on the lease as they can't "order" Barry to go live there without involving the landlord. If Barry leased the house that is a different story with potentially different outcomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288