Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder, why SD on a SUNDAY (MD) saw suspicious cars around PP home of SM/BM. Why was she in the vicinity of the house at all? She didn't live there and I imagine, cleaning ladies haven't to clean a client's home on Sundays. So why was she able to watch suspicious cars?
I don't know, if SD's boyfriend was her ex-boyfriend or not, but where did he live on MD in 2020? Why was he able to see a car or cars, which didn't belong there, at PP?
It doesn't make sense, I think, that both of them SD and ex/boyfriend saw something. If they did indeed, why were they cruising around this property? Too much time on hand and weekend boredom?

We don't know if FB and SD were still in a relationship on May 10 but it seems to me that their reports about seeing a vehicle looking out of place were independent of each other:

FB reported seeing a vehicle looking out of place on the bike TRAIL -- not Puma Path Rd. From the video linked below, FB gives no indication that he knows the victim and/or where SM lived. His account is specifically about the bike trail.

Authorities cordon off home of missing Chaffee County woman | FOX31 Denver

From the AA, SD stated that she reported seeing a suspicious vehicle in the PP subdivision while cleaning.

Take note that the "Cushman" house is listed in Airbnb and not occupied fulltime by owner. It would not be unusual for this home to be cleaned on Sunday as a guest rental home. SM's brother Andy also stayed at the "Cushman house" when he was town. This information conveyed during his interviews on Profiling Evil youtube (PE).

We don't know if FB and SD were still in a relationship on May 10 but it seems to me that their reports about seeing a vehicle looking out of place were independent of each other:

FB reported seeing a vehicle looking out of place on the bike TRAIL -- not Puma Path Rd. From the video linked below, FB gives no indication that he knows the victim and/or where SM lived. His account is specifically about the bike trail.

Authorities cordon off home of missing Chaffee County woman | FOX31 Denver

From the AA, SD stated that she reported seeing a suspicious vehicle in the PP subdivision while cleaning.

Take note that the "Cushman" house is listed in Airbnb and not occupied fulltime by owner. It would not be unusual for this home to be cleaned on Sunday as a guest rental home. SM's brother Andy also stayed at the "Cushman house" when he was town. This information conveyed during his interviews on Profiling Evil youtube (PE).
No doubt the defense team and their investigator(s) are learning or have learned all about SD's place, her ex etc. in the investigation. The prosecution might not be as interested as they may not want to illuminate any alternative suspects.

I'm not sure "force" is how this will go. Some have suggested he move into the house his galpal lives....but if that is a lease in her name the judge can't force Barry to move in with her or to force her to move out and the homeowner would have concerns about the lease switch and want a say in the whole thing. If the lease is in Barry's name that changes the situation. My vote is the lease is in her name. If Barry is being loaned the home he's in, his defense is going to argue that the court is unfairly putting a financial burden on Barry and "golly he didn't want to live there to begin with" so let him move to Gunnison. Going back to jail is not happening ..."perturbed" can't make the judge suddenly decide to toss Barry back in jail. Judges get "perturbed" all the time. So I predict the outcome however it's mediated will be interesting and something none of us have ever had vision into with previous cases.
This is interesting speculation, but it seems clear the DA believes BM is entitled to live in the Salida home he's renting, and this is the logical place for the court to require him to live as a condition of bond. The court may modify the boundaries of BM's confinement so that he can be tracked 24/7. BM can easily afford to rent in Salida or Poncha Springs until next May.

I think Gunnison is out of the question. The town is home to Western Colorado University, which enrolls about 3,000 students, over half of whom are female. Lots of "cute girls" and BM - what could go wrong?

Ummm, I’d like to know exactly when BM started paying rent at this Salida residence where SD lives, snipped from article at link below and BBM:

In her filing, Stanley points out that Barry Morphew currently pays rent at a residence in Salida, Colorado, which is near the courthouse, and also where Shoshona Darke lives.

So we know BM moved out of the PP residence and into the condo in Poncha Springs fairly quickly imo after SM went “missing”, and that he was still living in the PS condo when he got arrested and was sitting in jail ever since his arrest until his release on bond a couple weeks ago. And we now know that since he got released, he’s been living in his old neighborhood at the Cushman’s place likely for free, imo. So my question is, WHY would BM the self described tight-wad who was too cheap to pay for his community trash services, be paying rent at a residence in Salida where SD lives that he himself didn’t/doesn’t even live at either prior to his arrest or since his release from jail?!

I assume SD was already residing at this residence in Salida when BM got arrested and where I assume he must have told the court he’d be living after he got released, and perhaps produced a check made out for rent for that address as “proof” that’s where he was going to be living. If so, he lied about where he was going to be living (surprise, not!) as we now know he was living in his old neighborhood at the Cushman’s place, which imo he deliberately went to live at Cushman’s for a few reasons, to keep an eye on his former PP residence (observe if any hidden evidence got moved, potentially further tamper with evidence), intimidate the Ritter’s by moving in basically right next door to them, and now we know his ankle monitor also didn’t track him well there due to poor reception in the area, and he most definitely knew about the poor reception in the PP area. How he thought he wouldn’t get caught living where he wasn’t supposed to be living is beyond me but then again, this is entitled BM we’re talking about, no one’s gonna tell him what to do, thinks he’s smarter than everyone else, that rules and laws don’t apply to him and obviously thinks nothing of brazenly breaking them.

At any rate, it would be helpful to know whose name is on the Salida residence lease. I assume it’s in BM’s name but regardless, more importantly if he’s been paying rent for that place for a length of time prior to and since his arrest to present while obviously not/hasn’t lived there himself, then I’d have to assume the DA found out that he’s been paying the rent there for awhile and that’s where she prefers he lives for obvious reasons. IMO, there’s only one reason he’d be paying rent for a place he doesn’t even live at that SD lives at, and that’s because it must benefit HIM in some way, like oh I don’t know say some sort of “hush, hush” deal was made between him and SD. IOW, do what I ask, keep your mouth shut, and I’ll find/put you up in a nice place and pay your rent.

Ugh, I really hope between now and BM’s trial, LE/DA find out more about the mysterious 2nd device BM had because something tells me there’s potentially damning info/communications between BM and SD on that device. I mean, this woman SD who ‘supposedly’ met BM face to face for the first time at a DUMPSTER lol several months after the fact according to the lying liar BM, is the same woman that called in a tip about seeing a suspicious vehicle on PP area the day SM went missing, really?! I suppose I’m supposed to believe that’s just another ‘coincidence’ on top of the mountainous pile of other ‘coincidences’ in this case. Yeah rigghhttt. This is also the same woman who deleted stuff on her phone from BM in front of LE, pulled up in BM’s truck and harassed a woman in front of the woman’s children and accused her of being BM’s enemy, trespassed on private property to grab a package off the porch of BM’s former residence, so I can’t help but wonder what else has SD done for, and to protect BM. I think that 2nd device might answer those questions so hopefully LE/DA are able to figure that all out too before trial.

All things considered, I’m thinking quite possibly BM & SD met/became involved before SM went “missing” and that SD knows a lot more than she’s saying and possibly even involved in some aspect/s of at the very least, the coverup. IMO, BM and SD are cut from the same cloth, two peas in a pod, and deserve each other. SMDH. I hope she turns on him and starts singing like a canary sooner rather than later.

Barry Morphew: Court docs reveal issues with GPS monitor, daughter's 'social relationship' with probation rep

All of the above IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Agree except I don’t think BM met SD at a dumpster. Wasn’t that BM/Suzanne evening stroll to the HOA dumpster a chit chat with an older gal? Please correct me if I’m incorrect.

Anyway, I too hope SD was looked at closely. And her vehicle. And the second cell device. Is she some older financially-desperate gal who was roped in earlier than Oct 2020?

Pages 92, 93 BM asserts he did not meet SD until Oct 25, 2020. “God answered his prayer of ‘Please give me something.’”

As of the April 5 2021 interview, BM states “There’s nothing sexual going on with her and I…”

Yet BM and SD are at The Antlers Hotel Feb 2021 in a single room.

So pffffft.

I’ve read the AA several times and am just overwhelmed with BM’s excuses, hyperbole, God excuses, victim blaming, tight rules, sneaky behavior, wildlife blaming, and God complex.

IMHO, clearly the DA needs to pull in several psychologists and psychiatrists to give a narrative about how BM’s mind works.

The original cleaning lady Barry met at the dumpster, not to be confused with the cleaning lady he picked up at the dumpster, as one does, was discarding multiple bags of trash.

Please someone explain this to me.

IMO it's not insignificant!

Who was staying there? Not airbnb customers. Pandemic. Was that guest house trash? Seems excessive. Main house?

Am I reading this right? SD placed herself in the vicinity of PP on May 10???? Did she get played by a player?

So many moving parts. Bobcat included.

JMO

The original cleaning lady Barry met at the dumpster, not to be confused with the cleaning lady he picked up at the dumpster, as one does, was discarding multiple bags of trash.

Please someone explain this to me.

IMO it's not insignificant!

Who was staying there? Not airbnb customers. Pandemic. Was that guest house trash? Seems excessive. Main house?

Am I reading this right? SD placed herself in the vicinity of PP on May 10???? Did she get played by a player?

So many moving parts. Bobcat included.

JMO

Days prior to SM vanishing, BM/SM approached a woman at the community dumpster. Woman was dumping items from short-term rentals after cancellations. Reporter LS confirmed this woman was not SD.

SD inserted herself in the equation per the AA when stated that she saw a suspicious vehicle in the PP subdivision on May 10 and reported the same to the tip line. SD provided that she did house cleaning in the subdivison.

MOO

ETA: add LS video link

9/28/21 - Take 3… Morphew arrest affidavit chat

See 45:47 min mark

Last edited:
Agree except I don’t think BM met SD at a dumpster. Wasn’t that BM/Suzanne evening stroll to the HOA dumpster a chit chat with an older gal? Please correct me if I’m incorrect.

Anyway, I too hope SD was looked at closely. And her vehicle. And the second cell device. Is she some older financially-desperate gal who was roped in earlier than Oct 2020?

Pages 92, 93 BM asserts he did not meet SD until Oct 25, 2020. “God answered his prayer of ‘Please give me something.’”

As of the April 5 2021 interview, BM states “There’s nothing sexual going on with her and I…”

Yet BM and SD are at The Antlers Hotel Feb 2021 in a single room.

So pffffft.

I’ve read the AA several times and am just overwhelmed with BM’s excuses, hyperbole, God excuses, victim blaming, tight rules, sneaky behavior, wildlife blaming, and God complex.

IMHO, clearly the DA needs to pull in several psychologists and psychiatrists to give a narrative about how BM’s mind works.
Yes it was a different cleaning lady-BB, that SM & BM ran into on 5/6/20 as she was throwing away trash from the rentals into the community dumpster. SD claims she met BM at the dumpster in October, 2020. BM claimed to SA Grusing that he first met SD in October, 2020.

*Snipped from article at first link below and BBM:

Darke later said she met Morphew in October 2020 at the dumpster near the Maysville home.

From the AA, page 93:

Barry continued, “And I didn’t meet her until October 25th. The first time I ever even saw her face to face and talked to her was October 25th.” Barry said by meeting Shoshona, God answered his prayer of “Please give me something.”

Woman accused of having a relationship with Barry Morphew arrested for trespassing

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf

I
MHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

ETA-AA link

Last edited:
Days prior to SM vanishing, BM/SM approached a woman at the community dumpster. Woman was dumping items from short-term rentals after cancellations. Reporter LS confirmed this woman was not SD.

SD inserted herself in the equation per the AA when stated that she saw a suspicious vehicle in the PP subdivision on May 10 and reported the same to the tip line. SD provided that she did house cleaning in the subdivison.

MOO

Thank you for confirming.

I'm stuck on the details.

If there were cancelations due to the pandemic, what was there to clean? Dust, mop, done. 6 or 7 trash bags....

So from what?

From guests in the guest cottage? Who were unable to empty their own trash? Were the homeowners home or away?

And if the homeowners employed a cleaning lady on 5/6 (who was NOT SD but who Barry and Suzanne encountered), what was SD cleaning on 5/10? Same house needed cleaning 4 days later? On Mother's Day, no less.

I smell chipmunk stunk.

JMO

If there were cancelations due to the pandemic, what was there to clean? Dust, mop, done. 6 or 7 trash bags....

So from what?

From guests in the guest cottage? Who were unable to empty their own trash? Were the homeowners home or away?

And if the homeowners employed a cleaning lady on 5/6 (who was NOT SD but who Barry and Suzanne encountered), what was SD cleaning on 5/10? Same house needed cleaning 4 days later? On Mother's Day, no less.

I smell chipmunk stunk.

JMO
She could have been in the area for other reasons...small town. Some cleaning companies rotate personnel due to need and availability. Doubt the house was being cleaned 5/10 but certainly possible. Like hotels/motels most AirBNB type places are expected to be cleaned after each guest, that's sop.

So from what?

I smell chipmunk stunk.

JMO

IMO, information coming from SD that was allegedly wiping her phone in police presence should be taken with a huge grain of salt whereas BB, the independent cleaning woman interviewed and reported by LS is credible information.

I was thinking about the candlelight vigil held in Salida during Andy’s search for Suzanne. There was talk of someone watching from a car, but not participating. We wondered if it was spying on Barry’s behalf, or if the person was there on their own. We have come full circle.

I was thinking about the candlelight vigil held in Salida during Andy’s search for Suzanne. There was talk of someone watching from a car, but not participating. We wondered if it was spying on Barry’s behalf, or if the person was there on their own. We have come full circle.
And the mysterious bike rider around Andy's search group.

Last edited:
According to Page 3 of SD's AA, she has been employed by a Real Estate Company and has been cleaning the Cushman's homes since 2018.

"During the investigation of Suzanne Morphens, investigators learned Shoshona Darke was employed by Pinion Real Estate Group since 2018 as a housekeeper and cleaned the Cushman’s homes (redacted) frequently."

So the Morphews landed at PP in 2018 and JMO, but what are the odds that Barry was staying at the Cushman's PP property while his own PP house was being processed by LE, yet the first time he encountered SD was October of 2020? How did the Cushman's home become available to him so quickly once his own was locked down on 5/10/20 and then again once he made bail?

According to Page 3 of SD's AA, she has been employed by a Real Estate Company and has been cleaning the Cushman's homes since 2018.

"During the investigation of Suzanne Morphens, investigators learned Shoshona Darke was employed by Pinion Real Estate Group since 2018 as a housekeeper and cleaned the Cushman’s homes (redacted) frequently."

So the Morphews landed at PP in 2018 and JMO, but what are the odds that Barry was staying at the Cushman's PP property while his own PP house was being processed by LE, yet the first time he encountered SD was October of 2020? How did the Cushman's home become available to him so quickly once his own was locked down on 5/10/20 and then again once he made bail?

Jumping off your post. When was Andy's search? It was within a month of Suzanne going missing IIRC. So say in the neighborhood of early June, 2020. So SD would have been cleaning that house, then.

Isn't that interesting.

MOO

So now is BM claiming a suspicious car abducted SM, doesn't it take people or animals to abduct. Surely someone saw a suspicious spacecraft in the sky on Sunday.
SODDI might just turn out to be:
SOLDI - Some other lion did it, or
SOCDI - Some other chipmunk did it, or
SOTDI - Some other turkey did it, or....well, you get the idea. OTOH....could be that:
ITWHOM - I think we have our man.

Jumping off your post. When was Andy's search? It was within a month of Suzanne going missing IIRC. So say in the neighborhood of early June, 2020. So SD would have been cleaning that house, then.

Isn't that interesting.

MOO
Andy's search was the following September. I do not believe that is the Cushman's primary residence, but a vacation spot/rental, like the earlier cleaning lady had told Lauren. It is my understanding those type of lots/communities often have more than one house on the property.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Morphew's didn't know SD from back in 2018.

@Scootie98 :):):) ITWHOM

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members