Found Deceased MO - Cassidy Rainwater, 33, *GRAPHIC CONTENT* nude & caged in photos, Buffalo, 15 Jul 2021 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just MOO[/QUOTE]
Lastly - it wasn't the Sheriff or his team that solved this case, it was an anonymous person who sent the photo to the FBI....maybe a cheese puffy eating person sitting in their basement drinking cheap wine doing better work than the Sheriff...

I like this quote very, very much. :)

Last edited:
Yep- every news article that I have read, mentions that an anonymous person passed the photo from the dark web to the FBI who in turn passed it to the local police...

When the police obtained a search warrant for his phone they discovered the photos also on his phone...

"Cassidy Rainwater, a woman seen in a dark web photo being held in a cage in a partially nude state, was reported missing in August."

Cassidy Rainwater case: Timeline of disappearance, charges and fire
I’m not sure if the photo was actually found on the dark web. I think that’s an assumption, not a fact. The wording from the warrant affidavits that the news sources are using as their main source is: “On September 16, I was contacted by agent TD with the FBI based in Kansas City, Mo. She informed me of some photos that were provided to the FBI by an anonymous person. The anonymous person was advising that there was a photo of a missing person named CR being held in a cage.”

IMO It sounds like the person who gave the picture to the FBI, knew that it was CR in the picture. There is no mention of how the photo was obtained by the anonymous person. For all we know, Norton might be the anonymous person. Maybe he had a copy of the photo. Or maybe it was someone local who was given the photo or found the photo on someone’s phone and reported it. Maybe a family member or friend of CR found out about the photo while they were searching for her. It’s a small town where everyone knows each other and people talk.

Found on the Dallas County Sheriff Page, press release from Sheriff Rice.

Addressing Fake News:
There is a lot of misinformation and rumors regarding the Cassidy Rainwater case being circulated across social media and various news platforms. While I understand the impatience and curiosity of the people, I’m going to give you a piece of advice. It is not a good idea to listen to “a crime reporter/blogger “or Tic Tok videos that is sitting in their apartment or their mommy and daddy’s basement eating Great Value cheese puffs and drinking box wine with grand intentions of being a social media superstar. If you are hanging on very word is this type of crap, believing it to be fact, you are living in a fantasy world. This isn’t a tv series or movie where we go to commercial break and have lab results in 15 minutes. Searching a crime scene for 7 days 24 hours a day takes that long, 168 hours. 99.999999% of what has been posted to social media is CRAP.
Law Enforcement Officers must play within the rules of the American Criminal Justice system. While the system has its faults, it’s still the best system in the world. We are judged by a jury of our peers with a Judge presiding over the case, a Prosecutor who presents the case, and a Defense attorney who defends their client. This is where ALL facts of the case come out, not Tic Tok, Facebook, or any other social media outlet. NO, you are not entitled to a play by play of an ongoing investigation. If you want to be in the know, we are hiring along with every other law enforcement agency in the country.
We are working in the real-world and this is an active ongoing investigation. When all members of the prosecution team believe that it is appropriate to release information, we will keep you informed. Until that time, I can tell you we have all parties involved with Cassidy Rainwater’s case in jail and we expect additional charges to be filed in the coming days.
If you are not a resident and are planning a trip into our Beautiful County to sightsee, remember a few things. While the citizens of Dallas County are friendly, neighborly, caring, and kind people, we do not like those who show up to trespass, litter, vandalize, harass, or destroy property. If this is your intention, you are not welcome here and we will prosecute you for this.
Sheriff Rice.
i don't like when LE speaks in this manner it is unprofessional and crass.

SBM - Until that time, I can tell you we have all parties involved with Cassidy Rainwater’s case in jail and we expect additional charges to be filed in the coming days.

I'm side-eyeing this particular statement....o_O
Me, too...wonder what other charges? Aren't they waiting for DNA to be able to identify Cassidy? I'm not sure if what I read is reliable, didn't they find human remains? If so, then charges would be upgraded to murder?

I’m not sure if the photo was actually found on the dark web. I think that’s an assumption, not a fact. The wording from the warrant affidavits that the news sources are using as their main source is: “On September 16, I was contacted by agent TD with the FBI based in Kansas City, Mo. She informed me of some photos that were provided to the FBI by an anonymous person. The anonymous person was advising that there was a photo of a missing person named CR being held in a cage.”

IMO It sounds like the person who gave the picture to the FBI, knew that it was CR in the picture. There is no mention of how the photo was obtained by the anonymous person. For all we know, Norton might be the anonymous person. Maybe he had a copy of the photo. Or maybe it was someone local who was given the photo or found the photo on someone’s phone and reported it. Maybe a family member or friend of CR found out about the photo while they were searching for her. It’s a small town where everyone knows each other and people talk.
Not quite sure this is reliable info, but I thought I read that 'someone' was looking on his phone for some reason and seen the pic, went to LE.

Hope I'm not breaking TOS here, but thought this was an interesting customer review of one of the lingerie shops:

What are people saying about lingerie near Lebanon, MO 65536?
This is a review for lingerie near Lebanon, MO 65536:
"I was in need in some well Fitting bras. I previous would just go to the plus size stores but they no longer provided the support ,and,the price did not match the quality. Me and my big chested trucker friends were driving around the city and found this gem. The service is amazing. The quality is amazing and the prices are very fair. I travel all over the country but this is the only place I purchase bras from. The only downside is I am unable to order online."
Sounds like a fake review...

M

I can 'see' what you are saying...we don't know...but someone out there must have felt the need to come clean or couldn't stay still...either way......what a rightness thing to do. Imagine....

Fair enough. I keep reading the words from news sources "dark web photo" however, if that's "alleged dark web photo" then my bad.

You have a great point.
Could also be a person with a conscience (somewhat involved) that passed it on to the FBI Agent.
BTW her name is Special Agent Trisha DeWet.

This case has all kinds of WTF's

Last edited:
Me, too...wonder what other charges? Aren't they waiting for DNA to be able to identify Cassidy? I'm not sure if what I read is reliable, didn't they find human remains? If so, then charges would be upgraded to murder?

I think Phelps will be charged with murder. While they haven’t said what they found, they are having DNA tested. Nothing has said about ongoing searches for Cassidy. Why aren’t they looking for her? Is it because they already found her? (Rhetorical questions). They did mention the ‘extreme nature’ of the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong