Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
DTBH may have no more authority, but he *does* have more experience, more connections, an established tip line, and way more financial resources than most generic citizens. I believe the bad boy TV star persona may lend itself to acquiring tips that the FBI would never get for many reasons already discussed here.

MOO

Yes, especially if you're a person semi-afraid of law enforcement.

North Port Police have found nothing in the Carlton Reserve that indicates Brian Laundrie was there as of now.
No campsite. No personal items.
Here is the first part of our interview with North Port Police PIO Josh Taylor. More to come on @NewsNationNow tonight.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1446592338768371715?s=21

Has Chris Cuomo's statement about the FBI been discussed and verified? For anyone who watched his program about the supposed campsite and then the next night it not checking out, he said, both times, without citing sources that the FBI was told on the 13th that Brian was missing even though NPPD wasn't informed until the 17th. I cannot see this being accurate in any way, shape, or form. Does anyone have further information on that? Thank you. MOO

I took a time out today and I'm glad I did. Time to reflect, to think, and to not think about all of this.

I hope tomorrow is the day BL is captured. I hope her family gets justice soon. If he's not already dead, he knows the weather is changing and it's only going to get harder to survive on the outside without help, without money, and without the proper clothing needed.

Just as many of us suspected … so where is he? My guess ? NY ?
JMO

All along I have just thought BL can be found in that preserve, not just because the car was left there. But also because LE has focussed their efforts there for weeks now. It would be difficult to find him in some of the areas in the preserve no doubt, but I'm beginning to wonder if he is elsewhere...

So, if BL suddenly emerges from that Reserve it would mean his parents could be in the clear of lying to authorities, as well as off the hook for over a million dollars in search charges, right? IMO, I think this might be how this thing resolves...

Not that I think he's been there the entire time, mind you. But, at some point, I think BL will posture to protect his mom and dad. His physical state will tell the a great deal when he's caught.

JMO

I guess I must have missed discussion of this, but it strikes me as interesting:

Excerpt and BBM:

Jim Schmidt, who joined the search for Ms Petito in Wyoming, shared new details of the location in the Bridger-Teton National Forest where she her [sic] remains found.

He said there were clear signs a tent had been pitched and a fire lit beside the makeshift grave where her remains were located.

Link:

Gabby Petito’s parents say they want Brian Laundrie jailed ‘for the rest of his life’

What about the FBI? Josh Taylor lost me when he emphatically implied that Christopher Laundrie would never be asked to assist in the search. Yet the very next day, there he was doing just that. Plus, we've been told that the FBI is running the show, not NPPD. jmo
Yes.... This is one of those things that sows distrust on what officials are even releasing. MOO. There is a possibility that once the news broke - true or not at Bertolini's hands, the FBI said "You know what? Go get him. Let us assess his demeanor." MOO

So, if BL suddenly emerges from that Reserve it would mean his parents could be in the clear of lying to authorities, as well as off the hook for over a million dollars in search charges, right? IMO, I think this might be how this thing resolves...

Not that I think he's been there the entire time, mind you. But, at some point, I think BL will posture to protect his mom and dad. His physical state will tell the a great deal when he's caught.

JMO
Interesting...

Could the supposed sightings near Siesta Key have been him making his way back South to get back to the Carlton Reserve?

MOO

So my Words with Friends app sent me a notification that said "Laundry can wait." I know it's to remind me to play, and I know the family's name is Laundrie, but for a second there my heart stopped. Of course I momentarily thought there was breaking news.

I think it's a signal for me to take the rest of the day off from thinking about this tragedy.

When I was a new teacher, 30 years ago, the principal told me that whenever I needed to call a parent about troublesome behavior, I should always start the conversation with something, anything, that was complimentary to that child. That remained with me and I try to incorporate that lesson even here on WebSleuths when I have a differing opinion from a fellow poster.

We are all on the same team here. We want justice for Gabby. Please let's not personally insult one another. It's not becoming of us as adults, IMO. It creates hellacious work for the mods, and ultimately results in closing the thread.

I'm going to self-report because I know I'm not a mod and it may not be my place to say this, but I feel very strongly that we can comment and sleuth here and still be within TOS, if we exert some self-control.

I give zero weight to any opinion of BL's parents regarding where they "believe" BL is.

IOW: If they're convinced he's in the Carlton Reserve, I'm thinking BL is anywhere but there.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
From Patchogue, NY, the news local to Gabby's parents, The Patch:

----------------------------
Brian Laundrie Was Under Surveillance When He Fled: Police
A North Port police spokesperson said law enforcement tried "to keep an eye on Brian (Laundrie) within the law" before he fled his FL home.

me___04150326583.jpg

Tiffany Razzano, Patch Staff
verified-patch-staff.svg

Posted Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 1:07 pm ET|Updated Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 1:50 pm ET
SARASOTA COUNTY, FL — As the search for Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the death of his fiancée, Gabby Petito, continues, a police spokesperson said Laundrie was under surveillance when he fled his North Port home in mid-September.
His parents, Christopher and Roberta Laundrie, initially told North Port police they last saw their son Sept. 14 when he left their home to go hiking at Sarasota County's Carlton Reserve. They recently corrected themselves, though, through a statement from their attorney, Steve Bertolino, who said his parents now believe they last saw their 23-year-old son a day earlier, on Sept. 13.
[...]
Joshua Taylor, the public information officer for the city of North Port, told Patch that North Port police, Suffolk County deputies and the FBI had Laundrie under surveillance after Petito was reported missing. He wouldn't provide specific details about this surveillance or a timeline.
[...]
Though it was reported Thursday that the remnants of a recently used campsite had been found at the nature preserve, Taylor told CNN that isn't true.

"Is it possible that they thought that there might be a campsite out there or something they may have seen from the air, but when they got on the ground that's not what it turned out to be? Sure, I think that's a possibility," he said. "Bottom line is that investigators are telling me that no campsite was found out there."

Though no signs of their son have been during the three-week search of the reserve, his parents believe he's there, Bertolino said.

------------------
More here, along with links to other related articles:

Authorities Deny Rumors That Brian Laundrie Is In Custody, Was Seen In Sarasota Friday
Suffolk County deputies are on Long Island, NY. Not sure how they could have had them under surveillance. They might have had a BOLO, but never eyes or he'd be in custody. MOO I also heard the same report you reference that once they got to it on the ground they discovered that the campsite was not a campsite after all. MOO

Yes.... This is one of those things that sows distrust on what officials are even releasing. MOO. There is a possibility that once the news broke - true or not at Bertolino's hands, the FBI said "You know what? Go get him. Let us assess his demeanor." MOO

It seems unlikely to me that the FBI would make such a decision on the spur of the moment, especially if Bertolini is telling the truth that liaising was involved (personally, I don't think he's a liar). But wth do I know. Thankfully, the FBI is beyond my experience and may they remain so :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong