Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the FBI? Josh Taylor lost me when he emphatically implied that Christopher Laundrie would never be asked to assist in the search. Yet the very next day, there he was doing just that. Plus, we've been told that the FBI is running the show, not NPPD. jmo
I agree. I'm not convinced LE took the missing person report seriously.

This is a quote from an interview with J. Taylor on Sept. 14th.

Police confirm the van she and her fiancé traveled in made it back to the neighborhood they lived in.

“Right now, technically, we’re not even sure we have a crime,” said Joshua Taylor, public information officer for the City of North Port. “What we have is a missing person.”

Police took the van, and along with the FBI, are processing it for any clues. Police confirm Laundrie is not talking and not cooperating with the search for Gabby.

“I would say that he’s a person of interest at this point,” Taylor explained. “Again, just because we need to talk to him. We need to rule that out or move forward.”

Fiancé now person of interest in disappearance of North Port woman

Moo...

Fmr. Philadelphia police commissioner Charles Ramsey was just on CNN and said that the parents of BL need to go before a grand jury now to lock in their testimony. He said that law enforcement was basically messing around with them and wasting time until the grand jury happens.

Also, how does the FBI not have *any* of the cellphones of BL or GP?

I know LE has countless leads, but with BL having a head-start on getting ahead of the search, I think he could be anywhere in America at this point. He could have thrown a dart at the map and gone to the town it landed on. How would LE know to track him there? If he uses a cell phone or banking system, then I’d imagine he could be tracked. But with covid, if he has money he could just sit in a motel and order delivery for everything he needs. All this to say, I’m hopeful LE has some concrete leads and I would also understand if he’s hard to find. All JMO.

I know that he believes that, and maybe he is right, but it would have been a really dumb place to pitch a tent........5 minute walk to the van which was hastily parked off the road and not on a numbered site. jmo And a fire to boot, just begging to get noticed by a ranger.

I would be a decent amount of money that there was an existing camp site there that had been used before the van was ever nearby. Ime, you have to be pretty of the beaten track to have to build your own camp from scratch. jmo.

It seems unlikely to me that the FBI would make such a decision on the spur of the moment, especially if Bertolini is telling the truth that liaising was involved (personally, I don't think he's a liar). But wth do I know. Thankfully, the FBI is beyond my experience and may they remain so :D

If they were told he was open to coming out - for whatever reason, to try to salvage the destruction of the past or to actually "help", I could potentially see the FBI wanting to assess his demeanor - check his body language. I can't see the FBI needing his help after 3 weeks when they have had the best of the best in there daily not only searching, but diving, and with air support - drones. The FBI knows he is not there. MOO.

Intimate partner murder is considered domestic violence. It doesn't have to be anything else. imo
They believe BL murdered their daughter = domestic violence.
My post was a response to another member's post questioning taking everything the parents say as fact. Unless they have some information we don't, it hasn't yet been established this was a murder. (I deleted my comment because when I wrote it, I hadn't yet read the moderators instruction that DV is not to be discussed. Oops!)

I'm wondering about Virginia and West Virginia. MOO
Yes, there too, I should say the AT. But it's soon going to be cold and uncomfortable for him there unless he has shelter somewhere. I do not think he's dead.

I was wondering if makeshift grave meant that the last person who had seen her had tried to dig a shallow grave. Perhaps I'm taking the word grave too literally.

I think you're right. An attempt to bury her, maybe with rocks and debris but not a deep grave that was dug. JMO

Thank you. And, crazy. So, he's been saying this consistently (since at least 9/20?)? With what proof? I just can't see this being accurate. Is his sole source Bertolino? MOO

imo, SB is also his source for the supposed campsite at the reserve; despite the "headline" on the tweet that has been posted which reads "law enforcement says...", cuomo says in the video embedded in the tweet that a "source close to the family has told me that law enforcement says"...

If they were told he was open to coming out - for whatever reason, to try to salvage the destruction of the past or to actually "help", I could potentially see the FBI wanting to assess his demeanor - check his body language. I can't see the FBI needing his help after 3 weeks when they have had the best of the best in there daily not only searching, but diving, and with air support - drones. The FBI knows he is not there. MOO.

I don't disagree that they may have wanted to sus the dad out and that was the reason he was there. I just don't think that happened all of a sudden because his lawyer texted to the media about it. That's all I meant.

I was wondering if makeshift grave meant that the last person who had seen her had tried to dig a shallow grave. Perhaps I'm taking the word grave too literally.
It just seemed to me it happened all so quickly. They found her and then nothing else was reported that I saw. It seemed the coroner left quickly with her. I don't know and that's why I'm asking those questions. In other cases the crime scene in usually searched and worked for days. And maybe this was and I just missed it.

Ok, thanks.
I was also waiting for msm to pick up on this just in case there was anything there.

@TheGardener has read the things BL read and wrote about it, and gave his take on the whole thing. It was very, very interesting. I don't want to misquote here. Let's wait until @TheGardener comes on and we can find out.

I agree. I'm not convinced LE took the missing person report seriously.

This is a quote from an interview with J. Taylor on Sept. 14th.

Police confirm the van she and her fiancé traveled in made it back to the neighborhood they lived in.

“Right now, technically, we’re not even sure we have a crime,” said Joshua Taylor, public information officer for the City of North Port. “What we have is a missing person.”

Police took the van, and along with the FBI, are processing it for any clues. Police confirm Laundrie is not talking and not cooperating with the search for Gabby.

“I would say that he’s a person of interest at this point,” Taylor explained. “Again, just because we need to talk to him. We need to rule that out or move forward.”

Fiancé now person of interest in disappearance of North Port woman

Moo...

MOO, they're doing damage control in anticipation of a possible civil suit. They're concerned it could be coming, rightfully so, IMO. Moab police should be too if the discrepancies which we know from the published police report and body cam 2 get followed up on. Officer Pratt's body cam is NOT consistent with his report.

He is heard telling Gabby he has witnesses saying BL slapped her and in his report he states there were no reports that the male struck the female. We've posted both multiple times here. And, another poster also posted an official government link showing he changed the report. Something is up with that too. MOO. JMO

Last edited:
I know that he believes that, and maybe he is right, but it would have been a really dumb place to pitch a tent........5 minute walk to the van which was hastily parked off the road and not on a numbered site. jmo And a fire to boot, just begging to get noticed by a ranger.
For it to be a previous site that some one else had set up, it looks like those prior campers would have had to park in the same spot where the van was spotted, doesn't it? Or else their walk would have been even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member