Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Brian is doing what no one expects?
Just saying FWIW, if BL is dead in a bush somewhere, there should be signs from wildlife such as hawks or scavengers.

What are the odds that he has decided to completely flip things around and has somehow blended into "normal society" in an urban setting?
This!
Because everyone expects him to be in the wild.
BL could be Steve eating at a fine restaurant with his next victim and we are searching trails and swamps!

IMO BL threw any phones away.
Yep I imagine he threw away the tent, sleeping bags and phones...until we hear where the tent is, I keep imagining it's missing. I keep thinking that's where it went down..in the tent. IMO.

Knowing what I know from watching 'See No Evil' the TV show, LE probably has footage of brian at gas stations, maybe at various points around the Teton/Yellowstone area, and they might have to search through wherever they bring trash from those parks.

Looking at BL hiking photos I noticed bare feet, black tennis shoes and flip flops. When we hike we wear boots or rubber boots. I think it’s odd. JMOO parents aren’t panicking either they are happy he is gone or know where he is. Gardening? Really? Hiding in plain sight? No friends on TV or bringing food or helping? Was just thinking how I would be beside my friends if they had a loved one missing

Just saying FWIW, if BL is dead in a bush somewhere, there should be signs from wildlife such as hawks or scavengers.
True, but given the size of that area? You could be 1 mile away and not see the buzzards. And maybe an alligator stepped in quickly. That’s why I’m thinking they must have signs he’s there, but then why aren’t they searching in full force daily? When they’ve recently said, “The water has receded, so we are able to search other areas” doesn’t that mean he would have possibly been stuck in an area with no escape route for weeks, hence possibly dead?

I don't understand why this is causing so much confusion. The indictment lists the bank account and debit card numbers. The Petito family knows Gabby's bank account and debit card numbers. The family's lawyer stated these are Gabby's bank accounts and Gabby's debit card.

If one bank card is listed and the attorney for the Petito family states that Brian used Gabby's bank card, why would we assume there is a second unauthorized use that just wasn't charged (for using Gabby's card) and this one is really someone else's?

FACT: "BRIAN CHRISTOPHER LAUNDRIE, knowingly and with intent to defraud, used one or more unauthorized access devices, namely a Capital One Bank debit card ending in 8774 and a personal identification number for Capital One Bank accounts ending in 0525 and 8665, and by such conduct obtained things for value aggregating to $1,000 or more during that period, which affected interestate commerce."
SOURCE: United States v. Brian Christopher Laundrie, No. 21 CR 113-S (D. Wyoming) (September 22, 2021)

FACT: "He used her credit card to get home."
SOURCE: Richard Stafford, Petito family attorney, available at: Brian Laundrie stole, used Gabby Petito's credit card and 'ran from' police: family attorney

Treating these two pieces of information as fact, I do not see how any other conclusion can be drawn than that the account numbers listed in the indictment belong to Gabby.

Just because the FBI did not phrase their statement about the indictment in a way that a poster would prefer does not suddenly make an indictment that lists specific account numbers an opinion.
Don't mess with the steel trap mind that is our Alethea!

I believe that kind of activity is a process or that it happens in stages. If he were left there in a natural state I suppose it would depend on environmental factors. Also depends on where ever BL might have been whenever he may have committed suicide **hypothetically speaking**please do not reprimand me again***.
We spend plenty of time outdoors, but FL might as well be another planet as far as my knowledge goes. I thought that the environmental factors there would only speed up the process, but I'd love to hear someone with some expertise or even just a more educated opinion chime in on this. Do we have anybody here that knows?

I've listened to the first part three times.

The words "no, other than his car."

They sure have put a lot of faith in the word of the Laundries. MOO.
Moo... They spend possibly millions looking for BL and did little to look for GP. They couldn't keep eyes on BL after the missing person report and the van was impounded.

Moo...this is so wrong, just wrong. They should have put their faith in GPs family. GPs mother said, she knew GP was no longer with us, when the van was found, no GP and BL had lawyered up. Her words haunt me.

Who has been friends with them for reportedly 20 years. Lives and works in NY. Primarily, real estate law. jmo
Not primarily real estate, at all. MOO since we are NOT allowed to sleuth him here or share what we do know about him.

And I looked up those dried MRE meals a few min ago. They are not cheap! One site offered 12 packages, which include the caloric content for one day each, for $90. Even if he bought enough for a month to take with him, then what? Is he sliding out of the reserve every few days heading to a 7-11 nearby to buy food? I saw one on the map not far at all from the SE corner of the reserve. (For those not familiar, 7-11 is a long time convenience store in the US.)

BL worked at Publix which regularly discards out of date/wilted food. He knows when the store he worked at does that. It is not out of the realm of possibility that he is collecting food from dumpsters behind grocery stores. Hopefully the police are watching for this but with all the focus on the wilderness areas, they may not have been watching for this.

I don't understand why this is causing so much confusion. The indictment lists the bank account and debit card numbers. The Petito family knows Gabby's bank account and debit card numbers. The family's lawyer stated these are Gabby's bank accounts and Gabby's debit card.

If one bank card is listed and the attorney for the Petito family states that Brian used Gabby's bank card, why would we assume there is a second unauthorized use that just wasn't charged (for using Gabby's card) and this one is really someone else's?

FACT: "BRIAN CHRISTOPHER LAUNDRIE, knowingly and with intent to defraud, used one or more unauthorized access devices, namely a Capital One Bank debit card ending in 8774 and a personal identification number for Capital One Bank accounts ending in 0525 and 8665, and by such conduct obtained things for value aggregating to $1,000 or more during that period, which affected interestate commerce."
SOURCE: United States v. Brian Christopher Laundrie, No. 21 CR 113-S (D. Wyoming) (September 22, 2021)

FACT: "He used her credit card to get home."
SOURCE: Richard Stafford, Petito family attorney, available at: Brian Laundrie stole, used Gabby Petito's credit card and 'ran from' police: family attorney

Treating these two pieces of information as fact, I do not see how any other conclusion can be drawn than that the account numbers listed in the indictment belong to Gabby.

Just because the FBI did not phrase their statement about the indictment in a way that a poster would prefer does not suddenly make an indictment that lists specific account numbers an opinion.

I'm not the person who posted recently on this issue. But I can tell you why I have wondered.

First, it seemed odd to me GP's name wouldn't be mentioned in the indictment. Maybe it wasn't odd but it seemed so to me.

Second, I'm used to attorneys choosing words carefully ("It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.") So did the attorney mean it was GP's account or did he mean it was a card for someone else's account that GP was authorized to use? Maybe others don't care and that's fine. But either way it would have reasonable to call the card "Gabby's card." And BL wouldn't have been legally authorized to use it either way. But in my mind, there is a slight question about the details. Since we have so few details from authorities, it would be nice if the ones we think we have were pinned down 100%, especially for things than can be pinned down.
JMO

Looking at BL hiking photos I noticed bare feet, black tennis shoes and flip flops. When we hike we wear boots or rubber boots. I think it’s odd. JMOO parents aren’t panicking either they are happy he is gone or know where he is. Gardening? Really? Hiding in plain sight? No friends on TV or bringing food or helping? Was just thinking how I would be beside my friends if they had a loved one missing
Not sure how social they were to begin with and according to the daughter, while they owned this house, they did not move into it until 2020, so they have only been there about a year and a half. They were still in NY until then. Bet they wish they had never left NY. jmo

True, but given the size of that area? You could be 1 mile away and not see the buzzards. And maybe an alligator stepped in quickly. That’s why I’m thinking they must have signs he’s there, but then why aren’t they searching in full force daily? When they’ve recently said, “The water has receded, so we are able to search other areas” doesn’t that mean he would have possibly been stuck in an area with no escape route for weeks, hence possibly dead?

In my defense I'm not from FL and have no idea what kinds of predators are common in the areas being searched. Assuming snakes, gators, other reptiles, insects etc.

No sense in looking for that kind of thing now anyway but earlier in the search might have been helpful. Also, maybe the absence of any evidence is telling??

What if Brian is doing what no one expects?

This!
Because everyone expects him to be in the wild.
BL could be Steve eating at a fine restaurant with his next victim and we are searching trails and swamps!
Yes, I've always thought he's tucked away cozy like. Perhaps some remote hunting cabin in upper NY, courtesy of some family associate or relative.

Amateur opinion or speculation

That was the perfect opportunity for the Laundrie family's spokesperson (Bertolino) to report any potential suicidal ideologies regarding BL. No such concerns were relayed.
I seem to recall the family did report him missing because they were concerned he may hurt himself. I can’t find an approved news site quickly to cite but if you Google “Brian Laundrie parents concerned hurt himself” there are many sources including some ABC news sites and Yahoo news, who used that comment in their articles, but I don’t know if they’re approved here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea