Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, it is almost like the NPPD were sent on a wild goose chase on purpose? Who would have thunk it?
Ouch!!!
Who would have thunk it, indeed? Well, I guess the haystack gets bigger, and the needle gets smaller.
What a flippin' waste of time & resources.

"That's where he always goes." Damm.

"Somebody's going to emergency, somebody's going to jail." Indeed. More than one, let's hope -- to jail, that is...

I'm hoping this is a ruse, but not betting on it..
.:mad:

Assuming he's still alive, which I believe he is:

The reserve has issues: temp, humidity, critters, mud, flooding, insects, LE, media--not a hospitable place for a fugitive with enough unpleasantness already in his life. Maybe an OK first day/night getaway, but once BL knew that people were looking for him there, I don't see him staying, especially if he was in touch with family.

We know he's been dependent on family for quite a while. I don't think he'd go solo now that he's in a crisis mode. Maybe he knows how to fish or something, but he's not an outdoorsman. He needs outside support, and cash, and IMO it's got to be coming from people close to or in his family. However, his nuclear family is now under a microscope. I think, despite what has been released by LE about GP's death, he/his parents have woven a tale that seems believable to others within their circle. So maybe other relatives are shielding him, someplace he'd just need a mask, hat and sunglasses to blend right in. Perhaps where the population is sparser than in FL. The Northeast is getting cooler--hat, scarf and glove weather is almost here. Look, Ma, no fingerprints!

There are folks who are pure-hearted who refuse to believe that there are parents who would help their adult children get away with murder.

Please hear me as I tell you this right now: As a former Domestic Violence Women's Advocate, there are mothers and fathers of Offenders who will say whatever it takes to exonerate their Adult Child.

When the Petito Family called, texted, and otherwise reached out to the Laundrie family asking about Gabby, they were completely ignored.

There was no good reason for the Laundrie family to ignore the Petito family.

I hear you and I agree. I have met both types of parents, the ones that will hold morality above all else, and those that will hold their child above all else. I have never been a parent, but I know which I would be, and I am no fan of the Laundries. But the question I have is if a person subscribes to the type of situational ethics of protecting their child from their own misdeeds against others, how much risk is that same person willing to take in sacrifice to protect their child. It’s one thing to say whatever it takes, but how far would they go putting themselves into legal jeopardy to protect him?

Highlights from today’s North Port Police interview:
-police are “working to figure out” how Laundrie vanished and say “no investigation is perfect.”
-nothing related to Brian has been found in the swamp.
-they are calling circumstances around parents story “a lot of oddness.”

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1446647234477633538?s=21

BBM

I'm so glad you asked this. I mull this over a couple of times a day.

I can’t find anything definitive that says LE or anyone else laid eyes on him since his sister on Sep 6.

It seems that his attorney and family were blocking access to him, and that LE specifically didn’t see him on the Sep 10 or 11 visit (I see conflicting dates, or maybe there were two visits?).

Is there any evidence that BL actually drove and abandoned the Mustang? I can’t see how his parents could have provided wrong info about when he went missing… unless maybe that wasn’t the date he went missing.

If he vanished days earlier than the parents say, I’d imagine LE knows it, but it sure would be one heck of a head start, would it?

Also, couldn’t he be dressing as a woman? That would be how I would hide, if I were him, with a COVID mask to help, too.

I'm wondering if people outside of social media are as tuned in to this situation/case. It has blown up on social media, but there are still a lot of people who don't follow social media that closely. All that to say that it might be a lot easier for him to travel/exist just on the edge of society. Dodging into a convenience store for a granola bar, into a truck stop for a paid shower, etc.

MOO

I have tried to keep up with all the thoughts here. I would like to chime in with mine. I live in Los Angeles. If he made it here. It’s huge. You can so easily be on the run, and still have access to food pantries, couch surfing, showers, clothing etc etc etc. And no one would even question. For all I know he could be trading art for food, or a couch for the night on Venice Beach and no one would blink an eye. Or recognize most likely. There are so many guys here that look exactly the same. I don’t think he is off camping in some park somewhere practicing survival skills. Just my opinion again.

If NPPD had been watching BL (as they claim), he wouldn't have been able to disappear the way he has.

If NPPD had BL under surveillance, they would know where he is.

This is CYA tactics.
Exactly! To claim otherwise is disingenuous, IMHO. They have lost credibility claiming this in my eyes and probably many others as well. Jmoo

I think the question is whether attorneys' statements are considered facts.

If they are, then any debate from either side should be equally respected as such.

Do you have thoughts, insight, advice on this? I ask, because so much has been restricted in this case by the FBI, it would be helpful to know HOW Gabby's parents know the last four digits of her debit card number. There might be a very good reason, but it hasn't been fleshed out here, that I am aware of.
FBI verified the cards were hers, informed their attorney, GP’s parents had access to her account, saw the withdrawals, bank statements, etc. Many simple options. We were cosigners on our daughters acct when she started college, at age 28 she still uses that acct so we have her info. I do not in any way think the attorney and her parents are lying. MOO

I have tried to keep up with all the thoughts here. I would like to chime in with mine. I live in Los Angeles. If he made it here. It’s huge. You can so easily be on the run, and still have access to food pantries, couch surfing, showers, clothing etc etc etc. And no one would even question. For all I know he could be trading art for food, or a couch for the night on Venice Beach and no one would blink an eye. Or recognize most likely. There are so many guys here that look exactly the same. I don’t think he is off camping in some park somewhere practicing survival skills. Just my opinion again.
And I think most areas are like that today. I live in a "bedroom community" and we have a homeless camp. With so much help out there and public access to not only showers, but bathrooms and food, it's very easy to live on the streets. Not safe, but easy.
I still think he's either close to his FL home or close to where he grew up in NY.

Chris Cuomo just had a great guest on, sorry I missed his name, but he's been going to the reserve for 30+ years.
He doesn't believe BL is there because it's been too flooded except for the powerline trail which is too out in the open. He doesn't think a gator got him because they aren't used to people and will likely be startled off, but a water moccasin will come after you. Also, no buzzards flying overhead indicating anything deceased.
The guest said that his cows have been stuck in the mud, and it's more of a bog. He doesn't believe he's been in there all this time. He had some great points. IMO

I'm wondering if people outside of social media are as tuned in to this situation/case. It has blown up on social media, but there are still a lot of people who don't follow social media that closely. All that to say that it might be a lot easier for him to travel/exist just on the edge of society. Dodging into a convenience store for a granola bar, into a truck stop for a paid shower, etc.

MOO
My parents don't have internet (sigh) and they've heard about BL on their local news. Could partially be we are snowbird people up here and some head to Florida.

Body found in Wyoming believed to be Gabby Petito (valleynewslive.com)

I hear you and I agree. I have met both types of parents, the ones that will hold morality above all else, and those that will hold their child above all else. I have never been a parent, but I know which I would be, and I am no fan of the Laundries. But the question I have is if a person subscribes to the type of situational ethics of protecting their child from their own misdeeds against others, how much risk is that same person willing to take in sacrifice to protect their child. It’s one thing to say whatever it takes, but how far would they go putting themselves into legal jeopardy to protect him?

I have encountered fathers of male defendants who have resolutely stood behind their sons in the face of witness testimony (even with audio evidence in 911 calls from the victim).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member