UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021

Interview with the woman (CSH), who found the girls:

I know I am totally late to the thread. But, does anybody have any thoughts to the wedding party at the lodge/resort nearby? Could they have crashed the reception and let somebody know they were camping nearby? Anybody familiar with this area is it common to crash these wedding parties? Who typically books this place for weddings? How far to they come from? Are they somewhat local to the area?

I know I am totally late to the thread. But, does anybody have any thoughts to the wedding party at the lodge/resort nearby? Could they have crashed the reception and let somebody know they were camping nearby? Anybody familiar with this area is it common to crash these wedding parties? Who typically books this place for weddings? How far to they come from? Are they somewhat local to the area?

I think the wedding is non-suspect according to Kylen's father. The father of the bride offered the guest list to LE, but don't think LE took it or needed it which is an interesting thing...The ranch is more further away than seems too apparently.

The ranch looks fairly pricey, lots of young couples getting married there... pretty trendy. The couple that were married were from Salt Lake City I think.

I don't think the women were wedding crashers. Sounds like they could have been ambushed upon return.

Cindy Sue mentioned full gatorade bottles strewn about kinda close to Kylen (IIRC?), some with labels peeled off. I had wondered if girls arrived loaded with Gatorades and were ambushed and they dropped them in an attack, otherwise the Gatorades would've been put in cooler. No reason to be strewn on the ground.

Unless the women would've kept them in the creek to keep cold? I had to wonder if killer(s) drank one or two after the crime and ripped off label so to not leave fingerprints.

They said it while in the local bar with their friend with the initials KB. Check The Daily Beast article: Footage Shows Last Time Slain Camping Couple Seen Alive
That video is strange! If it’s two separate cameras with video’s altered that is one thing, but if it is one camera it’s weird! The camera changes view directly to their table and then stays focused on their table? May be a panning camera and it is a coincidence? Why isn’t it panning to other areas then? Do we know who the other friend is eating with them?

That video is strange! If it’s two separate cameras with video’s altered that is one thing, but if it is one camera it’s weird! The camera changes view directly to their table and then stays focused on their table? May be a panning camera and it is a coincidence? Why isn’t it panning to other areas then? Do we know who the other friend is eating with them?

I think it's a panning camera, and they just cut out other footage of the tavern that wasn't focusing on Kylen and Crystal so they could put together a quick surveillance video for the public. Just my thoughts. I could be wrong.

Does anyone know anything more about poi they questioned and released? I get the feeling it's a local just because police were able to pick "him" up easily it seems. Wonder if it was someone known to le like a SO or if it was a tip someone gave.
I think le almost always say there there is no danger to prevent fear in the community. How do they know no one is at risk? Do they know who it is, do they suspect it's a drifter?
I am torn on it being a hate crime per se I think it more likely someone crushing on Kylen then found out she is into women and was angered by that.
As much as I would like it to fit I would be surprised if it was BL.
I wonder if there are other crimes that coincide with the travels of Colt.

What we know about the "Creeper Man"

Aug 13 (date is solid)
Kylen and Crystal were last seen alive at Woody’s Tavern on Main Street, Moab on August 13
between 6-9pm. They mention "creeper man" to a friend. Unclear when they saw the creeper for the first time; assumed to be Aug 12. Friend at Woody's states they were laughing about it, didn't seem worried.

Aug 14 (? not clear if there was communication on this date)
K/C text friends that creeper man is back, now with clothes and food. And now they *are* worried, concerned enough to want to move camp. Text assumed to be Aug 14, but never stated as such; also unclear to whom it was sent--"friends" are never named. No description of creeper or car given, although (as Kylen's father states (Kylen Schulte and Crystal Turner: Father seeks dashcam footage to solve murders. - Clean Bowled) the women were close enough to see what the creeper was bringing to his camp.

Fun as it is to speculate about Laundrie, creeper man remains top suspect. Unless BL *is* the creeper...
Internet still believes Brian Laundrie linked to Kylen Schulte-Crystal Turner murders

direct link to the tweet: https://tinyurl.com/cu95hudz

Every time I think forget it, something like this pops up. There's just no way, right?

RstJ

Does anyone know anything more about poi they questioned and released? I get the feeling it's a local just because police were able to pick "him" up easily it seems. Wonder if it was someone known to le like a SO or if it was a tip someone gave.
I think le almost always say there there is no danger to prevent fear in the community. How do they know no one is at risk? Do they know who it is, do they suspect it's a drifter?
I am torn on it being a hate crime per se I think it more likely someone crushing on Kylen then found out she is into women and was angered by that.

I read a comment that it was someone local IIRC and they felt bad they got questioned as they weren't the person, that's all I know! Something like that...

RSBM

What we know about the "Creeper Man"

Aug 13 (date is solid)
Kylen and Crystal were last seen alive at Woody’s Tavern on Main Street, Moab on August 13
between 6-9pm. They mention "creeper man" to a friend. Unclear when they saw the creeper for the first time; assumed to be Aug 12. Friend at Woody's states they were laughing about it, didn't seem worried.

Aug 14 (? not clear if there was communication on this date)
K/C text friends that creeper man is back, now with clothes and food. And now they *are* worried, concerned enough to want to move camp. Text assumed to be Aug 14, but never stated as such; also unclear to whom it was sent--"friends" are never named. No description of creeper or car given, although (as Kylen's father states (Kylen Schulte and Crystal Turner: Father seeks dashcam footage to solve murders. - Clean Bowled) the women were close enough to see what the creeper was bringing to his camp.

RstJ

Creepier too that he came back with his stuff and who knows what else? Did he bring stuff for the crime as well? I wish we knew what he all had with him. Wonder if the girls saw him with a weapon. Just scary.

RSBM & RBBM

From my understanding of the law, the scenario you described (the killer pursuing one of the women and murdering them after finding out she isn’t interested in men) would be a hate crime.

Any person who willfully causes bodily injury to another in whole or in part because of a victim’s actual or perceived race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity can be charged with a hate crime, per the Shepard Byrd Act (18 U.S.C. § 249).

If the “creeper man” was camping very close to them, shouldn’t there be evidence of his camping spot?
JMO

There are roughly the GPS coordinates for where they were camping.
38.507048, -109.341045

It is a location where many people camp so there are campsites all over this general area.

Kylen's father said that there had been rain for a few days in the area so all tire tracks had been washed away as would other evidence of a camp site.

I'm sure the sheriff found evidence of things like camp fires and trash and other items left by prior campers but it would be hard to know it was left by the killer.

He also said that Kylen and Crystal's friends found all sorts of things, including a set of keys, when they searched the site after the police released the scene and that there were new people camping there two days later.

My question is motive? Why would someone find this campsite and then murder two women? It doesn’t appear to me to be that easily found? This is why I keep coming back to Brian Laundrie. I feel he blamed the Moonflower employees for being the ones that called 911 after the altercation there. Remember, he didn’t pull over with the Police siren, Gabby was hitting him to get him to pull over. Why not pull over? He was pissed about the 911 calls!! He had a motive!

My question is motive? Why would someone find this campsite and then murder two women? It doesn’t appear to me to be that easily found? This is why I keep coming back to Brian Laundrie. I feel he blamed the Moonflower employees for being the ones that called 911 after the altercation there. Remember, he didn’t pull over with the Police siren, Gabby was hitting him to get him to pull over. Why not pull over? He was pissed about the 911 calls!! He had a motive!
To add to my post, initially Moab Police said it wasn’t him and later said they were looking for all leads? Sounds like an initial rush to judgment for a local person and then when ruled out had to begin putting pieces together all over again!

As a woman who does a lot of camping alone, including in isolated and remote areas... definitely looks like hate-based crime, and by someone they have not personally known. It's that "creeper" by all chances.

It might have been a situation where the "creeper" arrived to stake out his favorite camping spot, very angry to find it being occupied, by a lesbian couple no less (the type he hated). He setup close to them and started to bother them in hopes he'd run them off and take over the campsite. He left and returned with "food and clothes" (if it's true), hoping they'd be gone, but they haven't left and then there probably had been a verbal exchange that finally sent him off the deep end. He didn't seem to have pre-planned to follow/hunt them down and kill them - if it's true that he left and came back with more camping stuff. Their fatal mistake was not to high tail out of there at the first sign of the "creeper". (or, at least not to have done some target practice to really scare him off...it's legal to target practice in most places in the National Forest).

But no Mayflower employee called 911 to report the altercation. There was also no siren - lights were flashed to pull over the vehicle.

LE does not disclose evidence -- especially when the perp has not yet been captured. However, I believe authorities recovered sufficient evidence to rule out BL as involved in this homicide. MOO

9/19/21

“It has been determined that the Gabby Petito missing person case is not related to the double-homicide case involving Crystal Turner and Kylen Schulte,” the press release said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back