Found Safe TX - Christopher Ramirez, 3, followed dog into woods, dog came back, Grimes Co, 6 Oct 2021

I think his clothes will be found close to where he was found. I’d imagine he went most of the distance the first day. 5 miles between let’s say 2:30-6:30 (dark) isn’t moving that fast and he seems to have followed the pipeline. He may have not realized he wasn’t near home and just wandered around looking for his house.

So no one else thinks it's super coincidental that the good Samaritan just happened to have God tell him to go look for Christopher and then he just happens to be the one who found him the next morning? Gone over 3 days, half undressed and in much better condition than expected. I think there's way more to this story.
Yes. Admittedly, however, I question everything.

I am so thankful this little boy is safe and I am also thankful that he is old enough to tell his mom what the last three days were like.

Map for reference (if I have understood locations correctly!)
Home at Deer Park on far left of screen. Found at Castle Ranch area on far right of screen.

Attachments

• 530EDDB4-330D-4D04-8F15-AB62EB4CBFAB.jpg
    530EDDB4-330D-4D04-8F15-AB62EB4CBFAB.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 52
So no one else thinks it's super coincidental that the good Samaritan just happened to have God tell him to go look for Christopher and then he just happens to be the one who found him the next morning? Gone over 3 days, half undressed and in much better condition than expected. I think there's way more to this story.

I suppose those who believe in God would consider it a miracle instead of a coincidence. I hope for the miracle.

If he made it to 5.2 miles, aged 3 and survived without food or drink it will have to inform future searches... they just had not got that far yet...
I wonder what sounds the citizen heard that made them alert LE?

This is the second miracle against all the odds in a year or two..
Blissful outcome.
Amazing people.

Fantastic news!!! I had commented earlier that LE should search more than the two sq. miles they originally searched and should double that distance, but sounds like Christopher outdid even that! Five miles, wow!

I hope this family will be helped in the long-term. A stable job-offer for mom or, if she needs the legal ability to work first, assistance beginning the path to citizenship. So much has been invested in this family, let them continue to live in the community / Texas with hope, and a safe and positive future for Christopher and his sibling.

Fantastic news!!! I had commented earlier that LE should search more than the two sq. miles they originally searched and should double that distance, but sounds like Christopher outdid even that! Five miles, wow!
I have a 3yr old grandson and we walk in a local forest. He can walk a lot further than you would think a 3yr old can. I don't know the reason behind limiting the search area. In my opinion 5 miles in 3 days isn't a surprise. I agree with you.

I am sure Christopher will be thoroughly examined for injuries that would be inconsistent with the story, and injuries that would corroborate the story.

Was he sunburned? Did he have scratches, bug bites? Was he dehydrated?

Most important is that he was found alive and returned to his mother.

Laying in bed thinking again.. lol. If the average adult human walks at just over 3 miles an hour... Let's assume that CR was "chasing" his dog into the woods .. if the dog was moving at a decent clip, CR could easily have maintained 3 mph for a short distance. Even assuming he was moving at ONE mph, minutes passed before they noticed he was gone, then the family searched for him, then called 911, then a search was organized, and if an hour passes, he could easily be out of the search grid before they started. Let's remember that even at ONE mph, he is a mile away in one hour, 5 miles is only 5 hours. He was out there for 70 hours. I think he made most of his distance pretty quickly while he was trying to catch up to his dog (who may be familiar with traveling the pipeline). It seems pretty obvious that since the pipeline lead from where he started to where he ended up, that the simplest and most obvious conclusion is the answer. A lot of people follow their gut, their instinct, a feeling, and yes, the prompting of the Holy Spirit and do things that lead to answers. I get a bit annoyed at people who seem dissatisfied with the simplest and best outcome and seem to WANT there to be something nefarious. It's okay to have good outcomes with simple explanations! Enjoy them.

I hope this family will be helped in the long-term. A stable job-offer for mom or, if she needs the legal ability to work first, assistance beginning the path to citizenship. So much has been invested in this family, let them continue to live in the community / Texas with hope, and a safe and positive future for Christopher and his sibling.

<modsnip> As far as work, if they have a food truck, then she has a stable job. Food trucks are big business in this area and most stay busy and do really well. I think Texas has just shown that Christopher is living in a community that offers hope, and a safe and positive future

Last edited by a moderator:
I am way late to this story but was curious why tracking dogs weren't used -- he was quickly known to be missing, the neighbor knew where he went into the woods, there were plenty of items with his scent. Or, maybe dogs were used but not successful? I think he could easily have lost his clothes on briars or removed them when wet, etc. A child wouldn't have the same thought to remain clothed that we would. Given that he was witnessed by the neighbor chasing his dog into the woods, I am doubtful that there was a bad actor here. But, I agree they need to ask and explore the circumstances. I've had tears of gratitude all morning.

I thought it was reported that landowner heard a noise and investigated. That seems less odd to me than 'just happened'.

Laying in bed thinking again.. lol. If the average adult human walks at just over 3 miles an hour... Let's assume that CR was "chasing" his dog into the woods .. if the dog was moving at a decent clip, CR could easily have maintained 3 mph for a short distance. Even assuming he was moving at ONE mph, minutes passed before they noticed he was gone, then the family searched for him, then called 911, then a search was organized, and if an hour passes, he could easily be out of the search grid before they started. Let's remember that even at ONE mph, he is a mile away in one hour, 5 miles is only 5 hours. He was out there for 70 hours. I think he made most of his distance pretty quickly while he was trying to catch up to his dog (who may be familiar with traveling the pipeline). It seems pretty obvious that since the pipeline lead from where he started to where he ended up, that the simplest and most obvious conclusion is the answer. A lot of people follow their gut, their instinct, a feeling, and yes, the prompting of the Holy Spirit and do things that lead to answers. I get a bit annoyed at people who seem dissatisfied with the simplest and best outcome and seem to WANT there to be something nefarious. It's okay to have good outcomes with simple explanations! Enjoy them.

I think we are all ecstatic with the news that Christopher was found safe. I know I personally cherish the cases where missing children are found safe. I have saved quite a few stories where toddlers have defied immeasurable odds to survive and be found and brought home.

Speaking for myself, it is in my nature to question things a bit - that’s why I’m on WS and why I follow cases. I think it was me that originally questioned upthread whether he could have been picked up at some point, then later dropped off. I truly don’t think anything nefarious happened and I believe his rescue was a straight up miracle. I do hope (and believe) that Christopher will be able to say he was simply lost and walking the whole time.

Basically this: Trust, but verify. (As best as they can in this situation.)

I think we are all ecstatic with the news that Christopher was found safe. I know I personally cherish the cases where missing children are found safe. I have saved quite a few stories where toddlers have defied immeasurable odds to survive and be found and brought home.

Speaking for myself, it is in my nature to question things a bit - that’s why I’m on WS and why I follow cases. I think it was me that originally questioned upthread whether he could have been picked up at some point, then later dropped off. I truly don’t think anything nefarious happened and I believe his rescue was a straight up miracle. I do hope (and believe) that Christopher will be able to say he was simply lost and walking the whole time.

Basically this: Trust, but verify. (As best as they can in this situation.)
'
In the video above that JurassicParker just posted, one of the rescuers says that CR told them he walked the whole time and was lost....

I would guess a three year old out in the woods for three days would be dirty, bug bitten and dehydrated. His feet would be filthy. Potty time would be an issue and maybe he got rid of the dirty pants early on. After all, mom probably took his dirty clothes off each day, so he figured that is what he had to do. His condition will tell a lot about how he spent his time. As well as his own words as he is three and sometimes they have a lot to say at that age! MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back