AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just two thoughts:
We are judged by our past and present behavior, words, crimes and lies. So, it is only logical that posters who have listened to all the interviews have formed certain opinions of CW and DW and their possible involvement.

Does anyone else wonder if this case had occurred in SC or GA or FL, if it would have been investigated differently?

Yes she has Scott on. He was very informative. He also now has a YouTube channel and really digs deep into this case. It was great hearing him on websluthes live. Maybe she’ll have him on again.
Link f you can post to Scott’s channel or PM me please

Perhaps the Sheriff doesn’t know what he doesn’t know. IIRC Trisha from WS had a guest by the name of Scott who is very familiar with the area where the Wells live. He gave a very grim opinion of the illegal a activity in that area. There was also a member here who gave the same (IIRC) about no way would they want to drive through that area.

Maybe the Sheriff is downplaying any problems by saying it’s no different than any other area or he doesn’t want to alarm people. Or his comment was true.

For me, I tend to go with what residents have to say about drug & crime areas. IMO

Too late to edit my post. Scott starts talking around the 48 minute mark about the area the Wells live in on Tricia’s live. This was from a few months ago and I believe shortly after CW invited CM to her home. IMO

"DW still going on and on about all the drug activity up there then the sheriff saying NO not any different than other roads in the county, plus it's a dead end road and remote."

This is one of the particular comments made by the Sheriff that has me wondering a bit about LE's approach to DW and CW, and Summer's case entirely. Just for clarification, this is not necessarily my position on the case- however I think it is an avenue worth investigating in light of how long Summer has been missing without a trace.

HAVE the Wells' been written off due to their socio-economic status? Their less than stellar past? DW's history? Substance abuse? Possible DV history?
Why would the Sheriff make a statement like that?

All one has to do is a quick search on the internet to find that Hawkins County has had/has a pretty significant drug issue- as do many parts of the US, including the rural SE. Why would the Sheriff sort of dismiss illicit drug use/traffic/trade/manufacturing as a possible component in a missing childs' case (one without any apparent leads whatsoever?) Especially one where the child allegedly disappeared from the end of their driveway, along a dead end rural road, with a possible witness driving an unknown and unfamiliar pickup truck, in a county that struggles with disproportionally high drug activity? Where it appears some locals refused searches of their properties?

I think if I were DW, and I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I didn't cause my daughters disappearance- and I 100% believed my wife and her recount of the day...I'd be pretty darn focused on a kidnapping by someone involved with illicit drugs myself.

Struggling to understand why LE would NOT be, unless they have evidence that points toward a person of interest unrelated to that type of scenario. Which they have NOT said. What are everyone else' thoughts on this?
Agreed that maybe the sheriff could be downplaying any illicit activity as he wouldn't want to alarm anyone living there ?
People such as the neighbors still reside there, and have to go about their daily routines.
Imo.

Just two thoughts:
We are judged by our past and present behavior, words, crimes and lies. So, it is only logical that posters who have listened to all the interviews have formed certain opinions of CW and DW and their possible involvement.

Does anyone else wonder if this case had occurred in SC or GA or FL, if it would have been investigated differently?
Good points.
Not sure about SC or GA, but in a case some of us are following in FL --a known person of interest was allowed to elude not only the local LE, but the fbi as well !
Amazing, and not in a good way --- for the young woman's family.
Imo.

Too late to edit my post. Scott starts talking around the 48 minute mark about the area the Wells live in on Tricia’s live. This was from a few months ago and I believe shortly after CW invited CM to her home. IMO

Thanks for linking and for the time stamp.
I will take a listen.
This is new to me as no one else seems to be linking to Scott or talking about what he's observed ?
Imo.

Thanks for linking and for the time stamp.
I will take a listen.
This is new to me as no one else seems to be linking to Scott or talking about what he's observed ?
Imo.

You’re welcome. I only know him from this small snippet. His opinion of the area reminded me of stories my paw paw (yes as an adult I still call him that :)) would tell when he was a zoning inspector for the Township of a rural area. He saw and heard some wild stuff. There was a level of earning trust with folks who were very guarded and knew what was going on “in these parts”. IMO

I have not forgotten about little Summer Moon, but gave up on following this case day-to-day a long time ago, everything just got way too sordid for me personally.

Prayers for resolution for this little bright light and those that love her. Justice if called for, closure if not.

Same here, the circus involving Candus and Don, as well as the boys being removed, just became too much. Also I was distracted by the Gabby Pepito case, plus developments in the Tylee and JJ murder case. I still check the "recent posts" section hoping to see some news about Summer! Summer, I am sorry for what happened to you!

IMO I don't think this would have dragged on as long as it has if one of the parents had done something, They don't appear to be criminal masterminds and no matter how low an opinion may be held of them they have yet to be arrested. While they certainly aren't going to be in the running for parents of the year is that enough reason to make the leap that they *must* have done something to Summer? You have local LE, TBI and the CARD team all working on this for months now. Does it seem logical that CW & DW have fooled them all? Early on there was a quote of a local saying something along the lines of "these hills have secrets" and it seems that indeed they do!

<snip>

This is an interesting question. I think the main distinction between LE agencies would likely be more more of a rural vs large city comparison, rather than a state by state comparison. I suppose that large city law enforcement agencies have the reputation of being up-to-date on the latest crime solving techniques, whereas rural agencies, with smaller forces and budgets, would be less so. But I am speaking in generalities, and offering my own perceptions, which might well be wrong.

Would this case have already been solved had the Wells lived in Salt Lake City, UT rather than rural TN? Difficult to say. What are your thoughts?

Just two thoughts:

Some people have listened to those interviews and not come up with the same opinion.

LE doesn’t seem to have enough to charge them at this point either.

What is different in the states you listed?

I think the reason that CW and DW have seemed vague and sometimes contradictory is mostly because they had nothing to do with it, there was nothing significant about the day until Summer disappeared, and they weren't paying attention to the details because they didn't matter. And I think the reason LE hasn't clarified anything is because it doesn't matter. An hour at the store or five minutes? Doesn't matter. CW called H, or vice versa? Doesn't matter.

From Hawkins County Police today -

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation continues to assist the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office with the search for Summer Wells, an ongoing, active investigation. HCSO persists in following up on tips provided to the TBI, and the assistance of the public in identifying an older model Toyota Tacoma is still needed. This case is actively being held to the highest priority, and as Sheriff Ronnie Lawson seeks another term in May 2022, he shall not rest until Summer is located and justice to those involved is served.

(20+) Hawkins County, Tn Crime Watch | Facebook

From Hawkins County Police today -

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation continues to assist the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office with the search for Summer Wells, an ongoing, active investigation. HCSO persists in following up on tips provided to the TBI, and the assistance of the public in identifying an older model Toyota Tacoma is still needed. This case is actively being held to the highest priority, and as Sheriff Ronnie Lawson seeks another term in May 2022, he shall not rest until Summer is located and justice to those involved is served.

(20+) Hawkins County, Tn Crime Watch | Facebook

Any updates from LE is so appreciated, especially holding SW in the 'highest priority'. The one consistent piece of information is this Toyota Tacoma. After watching the first interview with CW and DW, sitting outside, I got the impression the Wells knew nothing of this vehicle. Which left me thinking the tip came from a possible witness during LE investigation. Also, the tip person wasn't certain of which date the Tacoma was seen, which I believe the tip person was going back in their mind trying to remember if they saw anything. They remember seeing this vehicle, just could not remember for certain which day.

I have watched the interview with the sheriff several times and it is clear to me that he confirms SW scent was tracked to the road.

The fact no person has come forward stating it was them with the Tacoma that day speaks.

It makes me sick thinking this child may be out there waiting to be rescued, think of the Cleveland girls, Jaycee, ES. Please don't let us find her in 5-10 years. We need her found now.

The fact no person has come forward stating it was them with the Tacoma that day speaks.
BBM

This! Why would you not come forward if you had nothing to hide???

Does an area like Ben Hill have postal service to the property mail box?? Does anyone know?

Just wondering if the Postal Worker saw anything that day?? Depending on what time the mail was usually delivered in that area????

I think it's possible they didn't really have anything to do with Summer's disappearance but they might be acting "suspicious" because they are concerned about hiding things unrelated to their daughter's disappearence.

Maybe Don wasn't where he was supposed to be and that doesn't have anything to do with Summer. Maybe Candus was doing something she was supposed to be doing when she went missing and it has nothing to do with Summer. Could be something as simple as that.

My take on this case, and I have skipped many, many, many pages on these threads, is that these two are desperately trying to show everyone that they are good parents and in the process they are saying weird stuff that makes them look guilty of something.

Maybe they did something to her, maybe they didn't. I'm still leaning towards they didn't do anything to harm her, but there's something very strange about this case and it could simply be that they're hiding things that would make them look bad but that aren't related to Summer being missing.

Mod Note:
We are aware of the re-instatement of The Interview Room (TIR) on YouTube. At this time we are evaluating the situation. As stated historical content will not be undone. Please check in with a Mod or Admin before posting any future episodes and if you have further questions.

Thanks,
Tiff

AMBER ALERT - TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

BBM

This! Why would you not come forward if you had nothing to hide???

Does an area like Ben Hill have postal service to the property mail box?? Does anyone know?

Just wondering if the Postal Worker saw anything that day?? Depending on what time the mail was usually delivered in that area????

Tacoma driver could have something to hide - and that something probably has nothing to do with Summer. Driver (or vehicle owner) could be here illegally, involved in drug production/distribution, etc. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member