Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the identity of the female Park Ranger/Arches visitor and resource protection supervisor, though it admittedly doesn't do us any good unless other searches of her name turn up information we were not aware of. Here is a small bit we were unaware of:

"The two were questioned separately — body camera footage shows Arches visitor and resource protection supervisor Melissa Hulls speaking with Petito for over one hour.

“She had a lot of anxiety about being away from him,” Hulls told the Deseret News in an exclusive interview. “Because they were both compliant and apologetic and gave us stories that matched, we didn’t feel like either of them were trying to pull the wool over our eyes or be deceiving in any way. It made more sense to separate them for the night.”

Unsolved murders and Petito case leave dark cloud over Moab - Court TV

I found the identity of the female Park Ranger/Arches visitor and resource protection supervisor, though it admittedly doesn't do us any good unless other searches of her name turn up information we were not aware of. Here is a small bit we were unaware of:

"The two were questioned separately — body camera footage shows Arches visitor and resource protection supervisor Melissa Hulls speaking with Petito for over one hour.

“She had a lot of anxiety about being away from him,” Hulls told the Deseret News in an exclusive interview. “Because they were both compliant and apologetic and gave us stories that matched, we didn’t feel like either of them were trying to pull the wool over our eyes or be deceiving in any way. It made more sense to separate them for the night.”

Unsolved murders and Petito case leave dark cloud over Moab - Court TV

I do recall some of this information being revealed somewhere.

How sad, it seems that there were a number of people who saw DV, saw Gabby in need and tried to intervene. In the end, she trusted BL and he took her to a dark place and left her there.

I had a dream that BL was eaten by an anaconda in a swamp. Hopefully!

GP's mother said when Gabby was missing that the engagement was called off before the trip. Now we hear she was planning a beach wedding? I'm confused...
It makes some sense to me because even though they called off the engagement, they went on a cosy road trip, where they were together, 24/7. So of course they were going to reconsider the engagement again. They were young, passionate and spontaneous.

This tells me that Brian and Gabby were not on good terms or in agreement when he left her all alone when he flew to FL. If GP had a lot of anxiety about being away from BL, why would she agree to be without him, all alone for several days in a strange area? I don’t believe she agreed to this even if it was to write her vlog.

Heavens to Betsy, look at the pack belt. The guy has no clue. I can guarantee that every single poster on this thread knows that a belt buckle goes in front of the belly. Look where BL put his.:eek: As you get up to go get yourself a snack while the next page in this thread is loading, observe that your hips go up and down when you walk. Then, consider what will happen if the pack is loaded. The pack will be off center. Every step you take, the pack is messing with your body and impacting the way you move. It may list to one side, turn you into a human pendulum, make your spine twist….
Pro tip: a belt buckle connects in front of the belly. (Exactly where in front of the belly it goes is an advanced pro tip and unnecessary for this point.)
Moral: BL is clueless about basics. He has always had someone else to get him through even simple stuff.

Also, BL’s dad is worrisomely ill-equipped for whatever trip they’re on. His poor body…

BL is thin so I am not sure that things have not just slid a bit this way or that esp. with him and CL posing for a picture. CL seems to have a sleeping bag and mat which says "overnight" to me. Does anyone know where they went? The picture is credited to Facebook.

MOO. Surely many people have been wondering why the Laundrie parents would, allegedly, cover up for their son Brian Laundrie's crime(s) in regards to Gabby Petito's demise.
It recently hit me that it's possible, IMO, that the Laundrie parents have other skeletons in their closet (almost literally...) that Brian knew about and he could've possibly basically blackmailed his parents into helping him by saying to them something along the lines of "if you don't help cover for me, I will expose all your dirty secrets to LE. If I go down, you go down too". Just a theory, IMO. What do you think?
We can only speculate, but it’s certainly possible. It wouldn’t be the first time this kind of thing has occurred.

I agree, I don't believe at all that this was a murder that was planned several weeks ahead of time, or that his parents were involved in the murder. I believe they are helping him now though. There is nothing to indicate a premeditated murder. You need motive for that, and he apparently loved her (when she obeyed him).

BL went to FL for some reasons, probably multiple reasons, in the middle of his trip, and who knows exactly why. It was not to plot her murder. That just defies common sense. He could plot her murder from where he was, he didn't need to fly home to Florida to do it. Everything I have read and know about this case points to a big blow-out argument in WY, tensions had been building up to that point, arguments were probably increasing, and I can imagine him knocking her out with a rock, maybe accidentally killing her in the process, and after that he just did a series of escalatingly stupid things, ending in driving the van to Florida.

BL is such a hapless, dumb guy IMO, I can't believe he got away from LE so easily. Everything had to align perfectly for him to do that. I think his parents came up with an escape plan for him because BL is just way too dumb to succeed with that on his own. He needs to turn himself in before his stupidity gets someone else killed or himself killed. His parents need to be told that !!!

JMO MOO
Do you believe that he is dumb enough to knock her out with a rock not knowing that it could kill her? It looks like more than that given the red marked areas by LE. MOO JMO.

The headline is correct, Gabby's step dad does say that they were planning their wedding. A small beach one in Florida but that because of covid they had to put it on hold.

It was a bit surprising because they just seem really young and weddings can be costly? Eta IMO

I don't think a wedding on the beach would cost much at all.
I also doubt an *outdoor* wedding on the beach would be put off due to COVID, especially in Florida.

I also don't think they were that young to get married! I know plenty of people who got married at their age and even younger.

Sounds to me like these differing explanations were excuses to put off the wedding, maybe because they were fighting again and growing disillusioned and frustrated with each other, off and on.

IMO

It makes some sense to me because even though they called off the engagement, they went on a cosy road trip, where they were together, 24/7. So of course they were going to reconsider the engagement again. They were young, passionate and spontaneous.
I can’t find it now, but I swear it was on BL Pinterest page. He was following a couple who held elopement weddings in the Moab desert. I wish I could find it now. His Pinterest page is quite interesting though. He had their life all planned out. Marriage, parenthood, vanlife, places to travel, and the necessities to live the vanlife lifestyle.

<modsnip> Does seem coincidental that a hiker claims he spoke with BL at the border of TN asnd NC when “Brian” asked for directions to CA.
I would think so. But that's MOO. A body to me is in-tact, remains, not-so-much. But I could see some LE across the nation using the terms interchangeably and I hope Wyoming is one of them considering that is where GP was found. MOO

But wouldn't you consider that as comparing apples to oranges? One family just lost their daughter, the other family has an adult son who may be involved with the death of someone. I don't think I've ever seen the family of an accused person giving media appearances reminiscing about what a wonderful person their kid is. Their mindset is in an entirely different place, wouldn't you say? Defense vs. offense, I suppose.
I don't think it is about 'media appearances.' I think it is more about basic human decency.

Gabby's parents reached out in desperation, asking if they knew where the kids were. They said they hadn't heard from Gabby and she wasn't returning their calls.

So even if their son had told them some sob story about her deciding to stay in Wyoming, or whatever, wouldn't those calls give them pause? Didn't they have enough compassion to return the call and say something to help them begin searching?

No one is saying they should be appearing on Good Morning America. But couldn't they have told her parents where to begin looking for her?

I agree with most of what you are saying. However, I believe, as you do, that Gabby was footing the bill for this adventure. I believe that Gabby eventually agreed to pay for a round trip ticket in exchange for him agreeing to fly back to help drive them home. I do believe that the relationship was essentially over. I believe that everything imploded once he flew back from Florida and he killed her in a rage. He thought he could just hitchhike home but found that it would be way too risky. He hitched back to the van in order to get Gabby's credit card and to take the van to drive back to Florida.
I want to like this post 1000 times. You are saying what I think happened also. Also..,he felt so entitled that he thought her money and her van were his. I loathe him.

I do recall some of this information being revealed somewhere.

How sad, it seems that there were a number of people who saw DV, saw Gabby in need and tried to intervene. In the end, she trusted BL and he took her to a dark place and left her there.

I had a dream that BL was eaten by an anaconda in a swamp. Hopefully!
I wish they'd release her body cam footage. But, they won't. At least not yet. MOO.

This tells me that Brian and Gabby were not on good terms or in agreement when he left her all alone when he flew to FL. If GP had a lot of anxiety about being away from BL, why would she agree to be without him, all alone for several days in a strange area? I don’t believe she agreed to this even if it was to write her vlog.
Also, as does the question come into play regrading money. If BL went to FL to empty the storage unit to save money, air fare would likely exceed the cost of another 2-3 months of storage. Not to mention the hotel cost when GP presumably stayed in while BL went to FL.

I don't think a wedding on the beach would cost much at all.
I also doubt an *outdoor* wedding on the beach would be put off due to COVID, especially in Florida.

I also don't think they were that young to get married! I know plenty of people who got married at their age and even younger.

Sounds to me like these differing explanations were excuses to put off the wedding, maybe because they were fighting again and growing disillusioned and frustrated with each other, off and on.

IMO

Agree, it seems odd.

Plus, remember Rose said they were still engaged.

Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

"Gabby told her mother she'd put off the engagement, but according to Rose, they were still looking to get married."

'I told her you're young and Brian is a little controlling for her, but I also told her to do what makes you happy and I'm here to support you,' she said."

According to the Moab police report both GP and BL said they were engaged.

Missing Gabby Petito was seen 'hitting' her boyfriend in the arm, police report reveals | Daily Mail Online

But the fact that they'd gotten to the wedding planning stage is new info to me.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member