Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe that he is dumb enough to knock her out with a rock not knowing that it could kill her? It looks like more than that given the red marked areas by LE. MOO JMO.

<modsnip>

I haven't seen photos of the site/scene. Wondering if they'd even gotten around to making a fire or what exactly happened between them in that spot?

I'm throwing a few ideas out here:

If Gabby was killed with a gun:
-When Brian went back to Florida to help organize storage, he may have done so to pick up a gun he knew his parents had.
-Searches in the Carlton Reserve were to specifically find that weapon Brian may have dumped.
-Brian could have waded out to the middle of a watery area in the Reserve and shot himself, although his body would eventually float, I suppose.
If there was a gun involved, it would have been smarter for him to dispose of it while at the Jackson Dam rather than have it in his possession all the way back to FL. But, I don't see him as being all that smart. So, there's that. MOO

I think it's even more telling Brian's parents didn't return the Petito family's calls simply to ask "WHAT happened?! What do you mean she is not returning your calls?" Even if Brian gave his parents a plausible story, the Laundries did not even want to FIND OUT what the Petito's knew and compare it to the story Brian gave them. The Laundries never even questioned Brian's "story".
My guess is that they were afraid to question his story, would rather be in the dark. But they had to think it was fishy. jmo

When Brian went missing did his parents.give.LE his dads tee shirt or.scent to follow in the preserve? The dog.would follow dads.scent. and LE would think they were.tracking Brian!
the dad said he sent there searching for him! Right?
Just a thought
Hmmm. That's why a lot of K-9 officers prefer shoes as a scent sample, as I mentioned in a previous thread.
The odor is usually stronger (less, if any, washings or inside cleanings) and the person's shoe is less likely to be confused or switched with someone else's.

So Cassie is saying BL flew home, and the reason for BL flying home is so he can help his Dad move his and Gabbie's items out of storage. I wonder where those items of Gabbie's are. I wonder if Gabbie's parents were given her items. I agree with you, I believe her, Cassie more then the others also. I also wonder why BL had to fly home to help his dad. Dad has a daughter and a son in-law.
Agree. There was something always not right about this. I speculated it might have been a forced cooling off period after the events of 8/12, with or without his parents' knowledge (but I am guessing "with" since they have never denied not having advanced knowledge and went out of their way through the atty to make it sound "planned"). MOO

-When Brian went back to Florida to help organize storage, he may have done so to pick up a gun he knew his parents had.
-Searches in the Carlton Reserve were to specifically find that weapon Brian may have dumped.
-Brian could have waded out to the middle of a watery area in the Reserve and shot himself, although his body would eventually float, I suppose.
Not if he did a Virginia Woolf and filled his pockets with rocks

But wouldn't you consider that as comparing apples to oranges? One family just lost their daughter, the other family has an adult son who may be involved with the death of someone. I don't think I've ever seen the family of an accused person giving media appearances reminiscing about what a wonderful person their kid is. Their mindset is in an entirely different place, wouldn't you say? Defense vs. offense, I suppose.
i've actually been thinking about this a great deal, and trying to put my selves in their (BL's parents) shoes. I understand anything they say could result in the difference between a life sentence and a death sentence for their son. I get that. Regardless, they owed GP's parents the courtesy of a phone call, even if to say they can't talk about it, and we've hired an attorney. That would have been the human thing to do. Not easy, but human.

Amateur opinion and speculation

BBM
The family will if they believe their kid is innocent.
Didnt Scott Peterson's mother and sister do many interviews, praying and supporting his innocence?
So Cassie is saying BL flew home, and the reason for BL flying home is so he can help his Dad move his and Gabbie's items out of storage. I wonder where those items of Gabbie's are. I wonder if Gabbie's parents were given her items. I agree with you, I believe her, Cassie more then the others also. I also wonder why BL had to fly home to help his dad. Dad has a daughter and a son in-law.
No, I don't believe she confirmed the reason of the trip as being for the storage unit or anything else. She just confirmed she had seen him at her parent's house during that week, and no van was mentioned.

Not if he did a Virginia Woolf and filled his pockets with rocks

I think it's even more telling Brian's parents didn't return the Petito family's calls simply to ask "WHAT happened?! What do you mean she is not returning your calls?" Even if Brian gave his parents a plausible story, the Laundries did not even want to FIND OUT what the Petito's knew and compare it to the story Brian gave them. The Laundries never even questioned Brian's "story".
ESPECIALLY since in the beginning, the Petitos were actually worried about BOTH kids. They had no idea BL was "home" or on his way home. At one point on Dr. Phil, Joe P said when they kept ignoring his countless calls and texts he told them (paraphrase) Call me back. I'm worried and if I don't hear back from you this time, I'm calling the Police. They still didn't call. MOO

Edit: Imagine not only doing this to another parent, but doing it to a parent who is actually calling with worry for YOUR child too. It is nothing short of disgraceful. IMOO

I don't think it is about 'media appearances.' I think it is more about basic human decency.

Gabby's parents reached out in desperation, asking if they knew where the kids were. They said they hadn't heard from Gabby and she wasn't returning their calls.

So even if their son had told them some sob story about her deciding to stay in Wyoming, or whatever, wouldn't those calls give them pause? Didn't they have enough compassion to return the call and say something to help them begin searching?

No one is saying they should be appearing on Good Morning America. But couldn't they have told her parents where to begin looking for her?

We have no way to know whether or not they got those calls and texts.

Is that what all of these wedding posts are all about? I agree with you. She broke that engagement off and even if she agreed to put it back on (Victor, ID merchant), I don't see her planning a wedding while she was on the trip. And, I'm not sure what difference it would make at all, even if she were. MOO

It wouldn't. But based on MSM reports of what GP's mom said earlier (they decided to break off the engagement) it sounded like the engagement was put off a long time ago. And so many here were suggesting it wasn't ever a "real" engagement. Now maybe it sounds like it was.

It also doesn't quite make sense an engagement that happened in mid-2020 would be put off "because of COVID" and travel issues and instead a trip all over the US would be planned.

JMO

It seems kind of late in the season to head so far North. I'd think he'd be looking for warmer climates if he needs to lay low.

With employers so desperate for help, he could probably do cash-paid day or seasonal work here and there, without much of a background check. Especially if he needed money and isn’t being funded by family any longer. Living on the fringe, maybe camping or trading work for a room once in a while for a couple of nights. Hiding in plain sight.

I've been giving this a lot of thought over the past couple of days. I remembered a segment on my local news about how good dumpster diving was in NYC.

Not just for the homeless to pick on, but families coming out at night and using large black garbage bags to collect good food that may have expired for the restaurant rules and regulations, but the food was perfectly good.

There are a lot of resources available in the city for the homeless especially during the winter months. A lot of homeless shelters, soup kitchens, panhandling, and dumpster diving. It could be a perfect hiding in plain sight scenario for BL to get lost in the city.

Those who are struggling in some way are all about how to survive themselves on a daily basis and don't really pay attention to what is happening to other people. He could get a cot and a hot meal every night and spend his days with a empty coffee cup looking for handouts, or riding the subways to stay warm. There are 9 million people in a very small city and he could easily submerge himself into that world without being spotted, at least in the short term. JMO
While all that is true, from my experience, BL won't bring himself to bump elbows with the hoi polloi (cf. his disdain for other park visitors). I can't imagine him at a soup kitchen or sleeping under a bridge.
I'll bet when BL thinks of "survival", he's thinking of the kind in movies. and fancies himself that way. Recall, his idea of camping on a budget was eating meals at restaurants. I hardly think it would occur to him that "successful" survivaling is much more likely to happen on the streets.

But wouldn't you consider that as comparing apples to oranges? One family just lost their daughter, the other family has an adult son who may be involved with the death of someone. I don't think I've ever seen the family of an accused person giving media appearances reminiscing about what a wonderful person their kid is. Their mindset is in an entirely different place, wouldn't you say? Defense vs. offense, I suppose.
they could at least try looking for him IMO. They could also have helped Gabby's family find her. They could also have kept their son from fleeing. They did none of that.

WRT BL being common-looking or average-looking or escaping the eye of the casual observer: He has distinctive eyes, nose, and ears, and IMHO many of us Websleuthers would have no trouble spotting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member