Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's not what she said before. She said they had decided they were too young and went back to just dating.

"The distraught mother also clarified that Gabby and Brian had been engaged, but decided to call it off and go back to just dating because they felt they were too young for marriage."

'I think they kind of put that on hold just because they felt it was a little fast. They were excited at first, but then they were like, let's just wait, we're very young. So they were really just boyfriend and girlfriend,' she said."

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

The "beach wedding planning" does seem like new news.

JMO
Yes - EvieIvieOver set me straight on this point. Thank you both.
Such a sad story all around. A young couple full of excitement about their adventure and the future, and then this. So very sad.

Now that I think of it. The police were putting BL up in a hotel via some Victims Advocate agency or the like. The officer explained GP could not be offered a hotel to stay in because she was considered to be the aggressor in the DV altercation. I wonder if GP stayed in the hotel room that was meant for BL?
Yessssss. MOO

WRT BL being common-looking or average-looking or escaping the eye of the casual observer: He has distinctive eyes, nose, and ears, and IMHO many of us Websleuthers would have no trouble spotting him.
I'm terrible at it, but have learned alot and improved over the years following the work of Carl Koppleman and Karen Taylor. Now I look at faces with an invisible measuring tape of sorts, based on the markers that Karen uses in her reconstructions. Pretty amazing stuff.

With employers so desperate for help, he could probably do cash-paid day or seasonal work here and there, without much of a background check. Especially if he needed money and isn’t being funded by family any longer. Living on the fringe, maybe camping or trading work for a room once in a while for a couple of nights. Hiding in plain sight.
The guy doesn't seem to be in the habit of making his own way. Bit work in a warehouse or picking lettuces at sub minimum wage? Nyet. IMO.

Sure, he could, but would he? I doubt it.

Last edited:
moo, but I could just see Gabby “apologizing” for his behavior as being a massive trigger for this ego driven child.
I don't know if this characterization that I keep hearing of BL as being ego driven, a narcissist is something I can agree with. I think he had/has much more going on than just being a garden variety narcissist. But that's just a layperson's POV. I'll leave it to the experts to weigh in on that.

Amateur opinion and speculation

WRT BL being common-looking or average-looking or escaping the eye of the casual observer: He has distinctive eyes, nose, and ears, and IMHO many of us Websleuthers would have no trouble spotting him.

Yeah his eyebrows are that comma , shape and the outer corners of his eyes are downward turned, like a sad puppy (opposite of cat eyes if that helps anyone). His smile is crooked too.

I can’t find it now, but I swear it was on BL Pinterest page. He was following a couple who held elopement weddings in the Moab desert. I wish I could find it now. His Pinterest page is quite interesting though. He had their life all planned out. Marriage, parenthood, vanlife, places to travel, and the necessities to live the vanlife lifestyle.
Most of his pins were just pins from Gabby.

We have no way to know whether or not they got those calls and texts.
correct, no way to know but it is highly suspect they had 2 911 calls from their residence the same day the Petitos were trying to reach them and they refused LE access to Brian on the 11th when LE first contacted them about the missing report filed for Gabby, told LE to contact their attorney. They certainly knew on the 11th that something was possibly amiss and refused to cooperate, did not contact Gabby’s family, did not offer any help in the search for her. I find it very unlikely they did not receive the texts and or calls. MOO

I don't think a wedding on the beach would cost much at all.
I also doubt an *outdoor* wedding on the beach would be put off due to COVID, especially in Florida.

I also don't think they were that young to get married! I know plenty of people who got married at their age and even younger.

Sounds to me like these differing explanations were excuses to put off the wedding, maybe because they were fighting again and growing disillusioned and frustrated with each other, off and on.

IMO
Oh, no, I have to respectfully disagree. Weddings on the beach can be expensive, depending on whether you're planning to also have the reception there, how much permits cost, etc.

Her mother said that COVID was a reason why they put the plans on ice (at other times, she's said it was because they felt too young), and I don't see any reason not to believe her that COVID was one of the factors. A lot of weddings were cancelled last year. Their families were both from NY, which means people needing to travel. Just because a lot of people in FL were more casual about COVID than in other parts of the country doesn't mean that everyone was, especially people who had, or relatives that had, just lived through the early days of the pandemic in NY.

I'm not sure that the wedding is either here nor there, but it's notable that both mothers and Gabby and Brian had a joint pinterest board and each had pinned some wedding ideas. How sad that it all turned out this way.

The guy doesn't seem to be in the habit of making his own way. Bit work in a warehouse or picking lettuces at sub minimum wage? Nyet. IMO.

Sure, he could, but would he? I doubt it.

Good point. If he is alive, what are your thoughts about how he will survive? Live off the land? Life of crime? Mommy and daddy funding?

This tells me that Brian and Gabby were not on good terms or in agreement when he left her all alone when he flew to FL. If GP had a lot of anxiety about being away from BL, why would she agree to be without him, all alone for several days in a strange area? I don’t believe she agreed to this even if it was to write her vlog.
Possibly she didn't want to be alone in the van at a campsite? A hotel room may have made a difference when it came to being alone. I would feel more comfortable there than in a dark, strange site by myself. Who knows....

I can't read the article.

Why not I wonder? Others have been able to see it bc we discussed whether there were bullet holes in the trees marked with evidence chalk. Hmm.

It's Jackson-Hole News & Guide. Maybe googling it direct will allow you to see it. From there you can search her name. Many articles will generate. The ones with above titles have the crime scene photos - after she was removed and Spread Creek was re-opened, of course. MOO

Last edited:
Do you believe that he is dumb enough to knock her out with a rock not knowing that it could kill her? It looks like more than that given the red marked areas by LE. MOO JMO.

ALL SPECULATION:

I believe she could have been pushed or punched at and she could have fallen, hitting her head on a rock... head wounds are unpredictable- many people recover from them, but every now and then one person hits another really hard or a person falls down and that is it.

someone else posted high and low temps for Jackson Hole in August and the lows are in the 30s. add hypothermia to any other injury and there you go. IMO

Good point. If he is alive, what are your thoughts about how he will survive? Live off the land? Life of crime? Mommy and daddy funding?

Could Brian Laundrie still be alive if he's in Florida's Carlton Reserve? Here's what survival experts think - CNN

I haven't kept up much with this case so I apologize in advance if it's outdated or unreliable source. That article quotes some outdoor survival experts. They think it's most likely that either he's not there or no longer alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherrunner