Found Safe TX - Christopher Ramirez, 3, followed dog into woods, dog came back, Grimes Co, 6 Oct 2021

'
In the video above that JurassicParker just posted, one of the rescuers says that CR told them he walked the whole time and was lost....

Thank you, I missed that and can now lay any concerns to rest. Christopher’s story joins my list of survivor children!

Christopher Rameriz
Rainn Peterson
Kenneth Neal Howard
Margot Carey
Jordan Gorman
Anthony ‘AJ’ Elfalak
Jude Leyton
Landen Hoffman
Aurora and Rosaline Crider
Casey Hathaway
Averie Carrion
Saglana Salchak
Robert Arthur Wood Jr.

I think we are all ecstatic with the news that Christopher was found safe. I know I personally cherish the cases where missing children are found safe. I have saved quite a few stories where toddlers have defied immeasurable odds to survive and be found and brought home.

Speaking for myself, it is in my nature to question things a bit - that’s why I’m on WS and why I follow cases. I think it was me that originally questioned upthread whether he could have been picked up at some point, then later dropped off. I truly don’t think anything nefarious happened and I believe his rescue was a straight up miracle. I do hope (and believe) that Christopher will be able to say he was simply lost and walking the whole time.

Basically this: Trust, but verify. (As best as they can in this situation.)

I agree with you.

I don’t think anything nefarious happened.

It is neither annoying nor even surprising to me that people on a crime forum look to see if a crime might have happened. That doesn’t mean they’re not happy & relieved for Christopher and his loved ones that he is one of the (too few) lucky ones to have a happy ending.

<modsnip> As far as work, if they have a food truck, then she has a stable job. Food trucks are big business in this area and most stay busy and do really well. I think Texas has just shown that Christopher is living in a community that offers hope, and a safe and positive future
In reality they sold food out of two coolers. They did not have a food truck.

I am way late to this story but was curious why tracking dogs weren't used -- he was quickly known to be missing, the neighbor knew where he went into the woods, there were plenty of items with his scent. Or, maybe dogs were used but not successful? I think he could easily have lost his clothes on briars or removed them when wet, etc. A child wouldn't have the same thought to remain clothed that we would. Given that he was witnessed by the neighbor chasing his dog into the woods, I am doubtful that there was a bad actor here. But, I agree they need to ask and explore the circumstances. I've had tears of gratitude all morning.
They did use tracking dogs immediately and continually. It was said the dog lost his scent. Originally they wanted to limit the people in the area to keep from confusing the dogs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Map for reference (if I have understood locations correctly!)
Home at Deer Park on far left of screen. Found at Castle Ranch area on far right of screen.

I believe most news reports say he was found at the 7700 block of FM 1486 just north of Aggie Expressway 249. Which would be here (I had previously highlighted around the pipeline path on this image, but the red pin is 7700 FM 1486).

Attachments

• 72FA9F65-B476-4659-A810-6CBFF24953D5.jpeg
    72FA9F65-B476-4659-A810-6CBFF24953D5.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 35
Thank you, I missed that and can now lay any concerns to rest. Christopher’s story joins my list of survivor children!

Christopher Rameriz
Rainn Peterson
Kenneth Neal Howard
Margot Carey
Jordan Gorman
Anthony ‘AJ’ Elfalak
Jude Leyton
Landen Hoffman
Casey Hathaway
Averie Carrion
Saglana Salchak
Robert Arthur Wood Jr.
Jamie Closs

Christopher Rameriz
Rainn Peterson
Kenneth Neal Howard
Margot Carey
Jordan Gorman
Anthony ‘AJ’ Elfalak
Jude Leyton
Landen Hoffman
Casey Hathaway
Averie CarrionSaglana Salchak
Robert Arthur Wood Jr.
Thank you for these reminders of happy endings, @steeltowngirl ! I heard the news this morning and was ecstatic! My heart sank, and yes, I admit, I lost hope, when I saw those dense woods around him. Thank God my thoughts were wrong and he is safe.

I wonder whether in future cases of small children missing in remote locations a two pronged approach to the search would be of any benefit.

One from the last location seen radiating outwards and a second team from a few miles away working towards it.

Little ones can move quite a distance in a surprisingly short period of time and then end up being far ahead of the search teams. If they keep moving they are likely to remain ahead.

So happy this little boy is safe and well.

Yes, thanks for that! So it is better to stop wandering around when you think you are lost, and stay where you are so searchers can follow the clues you left faster; and not have to keep looking for clues. :) (plus weather conditions may change and make finding signs more difficult)

Texas Good Samaritan shares how he found toddler who'd been missing for three days naked, but alive | Daily Mail Online

This article says the good samaritan is Tim, who didn't want to give his last name. I’m fairly certain it’s Tim Miller from Texas Equusearch.MOO
Oh my goodness! If Daily Mail did not screw this up (a big if) it sounds like Tim Miller found him! Tim shared earlier how his Bible group is where he heard about this case. The same as the Good Samaritan. Love to see it. Especially at this time, Tim deserved a win!!! A happy three year old, happy mom kind of win!!!

Yes, thanks for that! So it is better to stop wandering around when you think you are lost, and stay where you are so searchers can follow the clues you left faster; and not have to keep looking for clues. :) (plus weather conditions may change and make finding signs more difficult)

If you’re lost, hug a tree! That’s what @Trackergd taught me and I teach my kids. 3 is a bit young for that lesson to be expected to stick, though. So many many thanks to the SAR teams!

Texas Good Samaritan shares how he found toddler who'd been missing for three days naked, but alive | Daily Mail Online

This article says the good samaritan is Tim, who didn't want to give his last name. I’m fairly certain it’s Tim Miller from Texas Equusearch.MOO
I don't think it could have been Tim Miller because he was the head of the search and rescue operation. He was surrounded by LE and other officials and not in the area where the sweet boy was found.

Did Tim Miller take the morning off for bible study in the middle of searching?

I don't think it could have been Tim Miller because he was the head of the search and rescue operation. He was surrounded by LE and other officials and not in the area where the sweet boy was found.

Did Tim Miller take the morning off for bible study in the middle of searching?
TM had shared that Bible study was where he heard about it and why he got involved but I haven’t read the details of the finding.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back