Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is about 'media appearances.' I think it is more about basic human decency.

Gabby's parents reached out in desperation, asking if they knew where the kids were. They said they hadn't heard from Gabby and she wasn't returning their calls.

So even if their son had told them some sob story about her deciding to stay in Wyoming, or whatever, wouldn't those calls give them pause? Didn't they have enough compassion to return the call and say something to help them begin searching?

No one is saying they should be appearing on Good Morning America. But couldn't they have told her parents where to begin looking for her?
How did they know where she was? I'm not understanding that logic. I'm beginning to think the expectations from them are unreasonable. They didn't leave without her, they didn't kill her, and their son is an adult. If Gabby's family wants to give them a hard time, fine...but the public harassment and bad-mouthing of them is uncalled for, IMO. But I'm an outlier on that, apparently.

I don’t believe GP’s mom called the wrong numbers over and over again to BL, CL and parents too. They all ignored her pleas IMO !

I'm not sure NS said she called CL "over and over again." In fact, she seemed to mention her only once and that was in the context of sending a text, I believe. If a text can't be delivered the sender isn't notified.
JMO

I don’t believe GP’s mom called the wrong numbers over and over again to BL, CL and parents too. They all ignored her pleas IMO !

For starters Brian apparently threw away his phone. Pretty hard for him to get their calls and texts at that point. And there's a thing called 'blocking.' Which Brian could have applied or his parents at their lawyer's direction.

This thought just occurred to me. From the Moab video, in my opinion, it appears that Brian and Gabby love each other. The relationship may have been toxic, there may have been DV, we really cannot be certain, as we have only seen a snippet of their life. Was Gabby slapping Brian, he got annoyed and shoved her, she hit her head and died. Brian didn’t know what to do. He went home to say goodbye to everyone and then somehow went back to Wyoming to the campsite and did himself in, to be forever close to her. He is obviously good at eluding the FBI and the police. The entire country is looking for him, he has been gone for nearly a month.

I'm not sure NS said she called CL "over and over again." In fact, she seemed to mention her only once and that was in the context of sending a text, I believe. If a text can't be delivered the sender isn't notified.
JMO
On the Dr. Phil special, all four parents were nodding along while both her biological mother and biological father were saying that they called over and over, many times.

So, here's what we know:
1. Dear Gabby is deceased.
2. Brian has disappeared.
As far as provable facts that BL was responsible for GP's death, I think we're pretty much on the same page we were when her death was declared a homicide. All of the hundreds of speculations, the threads of suspicion, the weird behaviors, the oddball statements, the strange cold behavior of the Laundries and their lawyer, add up to what? None of it puts a weapon in BL's hand: his hands around her throat, the rock crushing her skull or the bullet through her heart. None of it.

Sending BL off on a runner with this kind of evidence is ridiculous. I thought so from the start. There are a thousand stories this guy could have told that would have sent LE off looking for the one-armed man, Bigfoot, mountain men, campers with criminal intent - including the famous "I don't know."

"I left her in the van and went off to pick berries. When I got back an hour later, she was dead and I panicked."
End of story. Hire a lawyer. Prove it wrong.

Instead, we have some of the worst lawyering I've seen in recent history. Yeah, silence is great, but cold compassionless ambiguity released in drips by the lawyer to some guy on Twitter? Come on. Where's the professionalism? The Anthony's managed to get the public to despise them all on their own. This guy has accomplished it all by himself for his clients. What's worse is he only woke up to that fact recently and allowed his client a belated bunny hunt into the Florida swamps for a kid probably holed up with a full fridge, WiFi and a 6 month supply of granola bars. Scant comfort for the Petitos whose daughter's human presence has been reduced to a pile of bones and adipocere in a box in a morgue. It boggles the mind.

It takes many threads to form a successful circumstantial case and even more to construct a rope with a noose on one end. When you get frustrated with this case, remember that. That feeling in your gut may be dead on, but it has to be supported in court by facts that dispel every shadow of reasonable doubt. Its going to take time. A week? A month? Twenty years? Whoever murdered this dear girl owns it. Nothing changes that. Whether we know who he is or not, it doesn't alter or mitigate that ownership. Did BL do it? I don't know. I wasn't there.

My hope is that one cop, just one cop, looks into his own daughter's eyes and with an honest heart commits to tracking down the killer of another father's daughter - even if it takes his entire career.
MOO

Last edited:
Do you believe that he is dumb enough to knock her out with a rock not knowing that it could kill her? It looks like more than that given the red marked areas by LE. MOO JMO.
He could've slapped her hard, and she fell on a rock, and he finished her while she was down. Or he simply could have hit her head hard with a rock. Either way, that's very dramatic if done outside in daylight, especially, plus she could have screamed. Of course, we don't know when the even took place.
If he was set on killing her, I still think it was strangulation, possibly in the van -- no witnesses to that, and then sneak her little body out when the sun went down. A silent kill. Even BL could have planned that, dimwit that he was. Grrrrr.

He could've slapped her hard, and she fell on a rock, and he finished her while she was down. Or he simply could have hit her head hard with a rock. Either way, that's very dramatic if done outside in daylight, especially, plus she could have screamed. Of course, we don't know when the even took place.
If he was set on killing her, I still think it was strangulation, possibly in the van -- no witnesses to that, and then sneak her little body out when the sun went down. A silent kill. Even BL could have planned that, dimwit that he was. Grrrrr.
I would have thought strangulation, too, but for the fact that the coroner was so quickly able to call it a homicide. It seems like there are probably some very obvious signs. I don't know what the acoustics are out there on that creek. Sometimes when you're near water, you can hear every sound anyone makes, but other times, it seems like the water covers the sound and stops it from carrying. I'll be interested in knowing the answer when the information is made public.

I'm still inclined to believe the trip-that-never-made-sense back to Florida was:

a) He either threatened to abandon her again (knowing this terrifies her) and followed through (to teach her a lesson MOO); or
b) He went back for a cooling-down period at the insistence of his parents, or less likely, on his own.

MOO

How did they know where she was? I'm not understanding that logic. I'm beginning to think the expectations from them are unreasonable. They didn't leave without her, they didn't kill her, and their son is an adult. If Gabby's family wants to give them a hard time, fine...but the public harassment and bad-mouthing of them is uncalled for, IMO. But I'm an outlier on that, apparently.
BL's parents knew GP wasn't with BL or her van at their home. That's information that should have been conveyed to GP's parents. jmo

Agree with your points. Do you feel it could have been as simple as he buckled quickly for a picture then adjusted properly afterwards? I’ve done things like that but you may have a different perspective from mine.
Great question. When you put a pack on, you don't do many adjustments. It's usually just the way you wore it the last time. Especially the belt buckle. You just clip it back in place.
You might finesse things a bit after you throw the pack on, but the belt would have been symmetrical from the last time you wore it.... And see how asymmetrical this one is?
I feel really badly for the dad in this photo. He's not properly equipped at all, and the pack is not loaded okay for his body (like injury likelihood not okay). The poor dad looks like he's had no experience, not even the kind you see in movies. This makes me think neither of them knew what they were doing, and it was a "blind leading the blind" kind of situation.

Imagine that your son and his 22 yr old girlfriend, who lived with you for the past 2 years, went on a road trip together.

And then your son came back unexpectedly, with her van, but she was not with him. Would it be unreasonable for them to expect an explanation for why she did not return with him? It was her van, and she lived there with them. Why wasn't she there with him?

If your son had returned alone, would you want to know where she was? I would want to know out of basic human decency---was she safe somewhere?

So your question ---'How would they know where she was?'----I would expect they'd ask their son. :mad:

Would you ignore it if your son went on a road trip with his girlfriend and HER van, and then returned alone?

I dont think it is an 'unreasonable expectation' for a parent to reply to another desperate parent reaching out for information about their missing child. Especially when their child was last seen with your son.

They didn't 'leave without her', they 'didn't kill her', but they are covering for and enabling their son, who is most likely guilty of both of those horrid things.

I find it really objectionable to say that Gabby's parents are 'giving them a hard time.' :confused: Gabby's parents are displaying tremendous reserve and patience. I would probably have to lock my husband and son in the basement to prevent them from going after that kid and his parents , if my daughter was missing.

Last edited:
correct, no way to know but it is highly suspect they had 2 911 calls from their residence the same day the Petitos were trying to reach them and they refused LE access to Brian on the 11th when LE first contacted them about the missing report filed for Gabby, told LE to contact their attorney. They certainly knew on the 11th that something was possibly amiss and refused to cooperate, did not contact Gabby’s family, did not offer any help in the search for her. I find it very unlikely they did not receive the texts and or calls. MOO

They got them. MOO According to Joe Petito on Dr. Phil all parties left numerous voice mails and the police phoned them several times. They also appeared at their door on the 10th. I do not believe for a moment that not one of 3 out of 4 family members received a call. And, we also have to add a 4th - the landline phone. MOO

On the Dr. Phil special, all four parents were nodding along while both her biological mother and biological father were saying that they called over and over, many times.

They said called RL and BL. Cassie was mentioned specifically only when NS said she was texting everybody earlier. And do we really think all of those people have their daughter/step-daughter's boyfriend's older sister's phone number?
JMO

i know it was stated during the stop in moab that they didn't drink, but there is a tiktok video showing him opening a bottle of wine...WS member @Coquette spotted it...you can see her post which includes the tiktok video in thread #50, post #758...
Aren't they each holding a glass of wine in their engagement picture? The one where they are all dressed up?

They said called RL and BL. Cassie was mentioned specifically only when NS said she was texting everybody earlier. And do we really think all of those people have their daughter/step-daughter's boyfriend's older sister's phone number?
JMO
One of us must have misunderstood. I didn't mean that they had called his sister many times. The only people I've heard them mention are BL, RL and C(hristopher)L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member