Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I'd be able to identify him. I could, if he were isolated. I could, if he were in a police lineup. I could, if he moved onto my floor in my high rise.

However, if he walked by me on a crowded Manhattan sidewalk, I doubt tremendously that I’d spot him. It’s not true that New Yorkers are unfriendly, but it is true that on a street with a hundred people jostling you, we don’t make much eye contact. We need to navigate the crowd, look out for traffic, avoid the street vendors who take up sidewalk space and just get to where we are going.

Brian could be in front of me or behind me and I’d never see his face. If I DID see his face, he’d have to linger just a second or two so that I could properly assess his features, and I’d have to linger as well.

It’s going to get cold here soon. Beyond a covid mask, if he is in NYC he will have a wool cap on, most likely, and the baldness wouldn’t be visible. A beanie cap would cover some of his distinctive eyebrows as well. If he has a scarf he could tuck his chin into that. His tattoos would not be visible in winter clothing.

All of that would also be predicated on him not having changed his appearance. He could have gone blond, or shaved his facial hair. He may have an idiosyncratic gait, but no one on the streets of Manhattan is going to pause long enough to appraise that. Besides which, there will be 50 similar guys on every block.

Here (unfortunately) is where I’d go if I were Brian. He could go to free soup kitchens. A homeless shelter would require an intake procedure so he’d need ID, so I don’t know where he’d stay.

All this is of course JMO MOO IMO.
And also, MBIT (My Brain Is Tired).

ETA: if my homie fellow New Yorker @squareandrabbet is around, I'm wondering if you agree or disagree.

curious- what happens if a homeless person loses an ID? seems as if that could happen pretty easily... does anybody know?

I'm still inclined to believe the trip-that-never-made-sense back to Florida was:

a) He either threatened to abandon her again (knowing this terrifies her) and followed through (to teach her a lesson MOO); or
b) He went back for a cooling-down period at the insistence of his parents, or less likely, on his own.

MOO
I was thinking he did this as a form of abuse, knowing how upset she was when she was separated from BL by LE.

They said called RL and BL. Cassie was mentioned specifically only when NS said she was texting everybody earlier. And do we really think all of those people have their daughter/step-daughter's boyfriend's older sister's phone number?
JMO

Do not forget: GP and BL lived with Cassie and her family for a year in the yellow house without the parents. This info came from CL herself. MOO. So I believe they had her #.

Petito said his family began worrying after several days without hearing from their daughter.

“We called Brian, we called the mom, we called the dad, we called the sister, we called every number that we could find,” Petito said. “No phone calls were picked up, no text messages were returned.” Petito said he wants Laundrie to be held accountable for whatever part he played in his daughter’s disappearance, along with his family for protecting him.

“I hope they get what’s coming, and that includes his folks,” Petito said. “Because I’ll tell you, right now, they are just as complicit, in my book.”
(Emphasis mine)

FBI searches Florida home of Petito's boyfriend; autopsy scheduled for Tuesday

Last edited:
One of us must have misunderstood. I didn't mean that they had called his sister many times. The only people I've heard them mention are BL, RL and C(hristopher)L.

Thanks. Agree they didn't say they called Cassie. At all. Much less repeatedly. Many people seem to differ though :)
JMO

How did they know where she was? I'm not understanding that logic. I'm beginning to think the expectations from them are unreasonable. They didn't leave without her, they didn't kill her, and their son is an adult. If Gabby's family wants to give them a hard time, fine...but the public harassment and bad-mouthing of them is uncalled for, IMO. But I'm an outlier on that, apparently.

I agree, the first few days it's like OK this may flush him out, but it is not happening that way.

I fail to see bl end game here, which just makes this even odder. Live on the run for the rest of your life? AFAIK there is no evidence he did anything. Running can only make things worse.
Well, there is now. His flight is evidence of consciousness of guilt. He has destroyed any chance at a lesser included offense of manslaughter now IMO. Could be wrong. MOO

Agree, it seems odd.

Plus, remember Rose said they were still engaged.

Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

"Gabby told her mother she'd put off the engagement, but according to Rose, they were still looking to get married."

'I told her you're young and Brian is a little controlling for her, but I also told her to do what makes you happy and I'm here to support you,' she said."

According to the Moab police report both GP and BL said they were engaged.

Missing Gabby Petito was seen 'hitting' her boyfriend in the arm, police report reveals | Daily Mail Online

But the fact that they'd gotten to the wedding planning stage is new info to me.

JMO.

I feel Brian struggled most his life with some degree of depression or lack of confidence and self esteem. He appears to be happy go lucky or unsure of himself and his future. My gut tells me his parents have played a role in this and possibly hidden demons and secrets in the family. Perhaps he relied and took advantage of GP contagious energy and love for a simple life. I believe BL loved GP and she was his life. Although it was a toxic love and his anger for the beat of him and he snapped. Taking her innocent life and future.

Attachments

• 93609C75-EE8C-486B-8CA0-AADB812241CD.png
    93609C75-EE8C-486B-8CA0-AADB812241CD.png
    292.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 745187BB-6D18-46BA-ABD8-82F27BF4677B.jpeg
    745187BB-6D18-46BA-ABD8-82F27BF4677B.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 56
I'm not sure I'd be able to identify him. I could, if he were isolated. I could, if he were in a police lineup. I could, if he moved onto my floor in my high rise.

However, if he walked by me on a crowded Manhattan sidewalk, I doubt tremendously that I’d spot him. It’s not true that New Yorkers are unfriendly, but it is true that on a street with a hundred people jostling you, we don’t make much eye contact. We need to navigate the crowd, look out for traffic, avoid the street vendors who take up sidewalk space and just get to where we are going.

Brian could be in front of me or behind me and I’d never see his face. If I DID see his face, he’d have to linger just a second or two so that I could properly assess his features, and I’d have to linger as well.

It’s going to get cold here soon. Beyond a covid mask, if he is in NYC he will have a wool cap on, most likely, and the baldness wouldn’t be visible. A beanie cap would cover some of his distinctive eyebrows as well. If he has a scarf he could tuck his chin into that. His tattoos would not be visible in winter clothing.

All of that would also be predicated on him not having changed his appearance. He could have gone blond, or shaved his facial hair. He may have an idiosyncratic gait, but no one on the streets of Manhattan is going to pause long enough to appraise that. Besides which, there will be 50 similar guys on every block.

Here (unfortunately) is where I’d go if I were Brian. He could go to free soup kitchens. A homeless shelter would require an intake procedure so he’d need ID, so I don’t know where he’d stay.

All this is of course JMO MOO IMO.
And also, MBIT (My Brain Is Tired).

ETA: if my homie fellow New Yorker @squareandrabbet is around, I'm wondering if you agree or disagree.

Being a homeless person in NYC, in particular, is a filthy, dangerous and extremely uncomfortable proposition, with the vast majority being mentally ill and/or addicted. Imo, there is zero chance that a middle class kid from LI is trying to fit in among the homeless in NYC.

How did they know where she was? I'm not understanding that logic. I'm beginning to think the expectations from them are unreasonable. They didn't leave without her, they didn't kill her, and their son is an adult. If Gabby's family wants to give them a hard time, fine...but the public harassment and bad-mouthing of them is uncalled for, IMO. But I'm an outlier on that, apparently.

They would have known where BL told them he and Gabby parted ways. That would have been a good thing to tell them. Or they simply could have said, “BL is here but she isn’t. He said they went their separate ways. That is all we know.” The point isn’t whether they could have offered much useful info, it’s that they didn’t offer ANY info at all. Not so much as a “we don’t know but if we hear anything we will let you know.”

Imo, it's easy to overestimate the number of people who are paying close, or even any, attention to this case and would recognize Brian from a hole in the wall even if they were right next to him at the grocery. Especially outside of the immediate areas involved. jmo

Maybe not too many people 30 and over, but TikTok #gabbypetito now has 1.4B views.

I fail to see bl end game here, which just makes this even odder. Live on the run for the rest of your life? AFAIK there is no evidence he did anything. Running can only make things worse.
True. However sometimes fugitives can make their way to Costa Rica or Belize or someplace where they can meet a friend or a local girlfriend, and start a new identity and a new life for themselves.

I agree with you. I think there's a very good possibility that there was no love lost between these families and/or that at least one set of parents tried to stay out of the relationship as much as possible. I have never had any direct communication with the parents of my adult childrens' SO's, don't want any, and probably won't have any until they are at least engaged -- and I mean formally engaged, not matching-tattoo engaged. Idk what story Brian told his parents, but I can imagine a scenario where I wouldn't answer calls from his gf's parents. In my case, they probably wouldn't even have my number. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie