Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/daybell-idaho-home-new-owner/

Daybell transferred ownership of the home where the children were discovered to his attorney John J. Prior on May 12 through a quitclaim deed, according to property records.

Clients do transfer real estate to lawyers, often to pay their retainers if they don’t have the cash on hand. But it’s extremely unusual and typically frowned upon despite being legal in most circumstances in the state of Idaho, say attorneys.

If Daybell moved the property to his lawyer to protect it from victims or creditors, it can be challenged in court. Then a lien could be filed against the property for that amount. That would leave the attorney with nothing.

So he transferred it before the children were found in his backyard. Interesting. Jmo

One of the things that puzzles me about ZP's interview is that the police don't seem to know what's on her phone! She revealed new information about texts and a phone number belonging to Chad that they didn't know about before. I'm literally gobsmacked by that. And she said her granddaughter had deleted a load of stuff! Yet she says she bought a new phone because (can't remember off the top of my head if Gilbert or Chandler) police seized her phone when Alex died. Surely Rexburg LE should have obtained a search warrant or she should have volunteered a download of her phone.

So he transferred it before the children were found in his backyard. Interesting. Jmo

Wouldn't you think that sort of thing, dead bodies in the backyard, should have been disclosed by the owner? Prior to transfer?

BTW, I grew up LDS, and I do not think that people who are LDS will have any problems with differentiating murder for profit from religious beliefs.

Wouldn't you think that sort of thing, dead bodies in the backyard, should have been disclosed by the owner? Prior to transfer?

BTW, I grew up LDS, and I do not think that people who are LDS will have any problems with differentiating murder for profit from religious beliefs.

The article linked has the dates wrong. He transferred it the day after they were found. Prior knew.

Dear co-sleuths,

Regarding Zulema’s recently released interview:

Did anybody get the creeped out feeling that Zulema’s reported massage story was a bit too similar to “Girl on Fire”’s experience?

I am not certain Zulema is entirely on the up and up. It could be, for example, that she was helping Alex test a substance willingly rather than simply getting a drop cloth massage.

Yet, no matter the background story of the massage, she did seem to describe a state of consciousness similar to Girl’s. Zulema called it really relaxed. Girl called it “like” hypnosis.

It’s been my concern from the get-go that the culty weirdness at the heart of this case is going to get warped into the weft of LDS doctrine and non-LDS people will be afraid to condemn the latter by judging the former as murderous and wrong. We shall see. The state has a dicey job ahead. Let’s hope for the best.

This is why i believe the prosecution has to charge in from day one on the money. Tammy's insurance too.

Wellll...... found this tidbit in that article, Indicolite posted! I missed this, i guess.

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/daybell-idaho-home-new-owner/

“No reputable lawyer would take a case with a quitclaim house,” says criminal defense attorney Jeromy Stafford, who is based in Idaho Falls, ID. “It’s what low-level, shady lawyers do.”

He’s heard of attorneys taking their clients’ cars, guns, and guitars in lieu of cash—but never a house.

Prior, Daybell’s attorney, has previously found himself on the wrong side of the law. About a decade ago, a 19-year-old woman claimed the attorney attempted to sexually assault her in his conference room, according to the ABA Journal. She allegedly had been seeking employment and legal advice.

The attorney denied the claim, saying he paid her for sex and she consented to his advances. Yet in 2012, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor battery and was sentenced to 120 days in jail.

Wellll...... found this tidbit in that article, Indicolite posted! I missed this, i guess.

“No reputable lawyer would take a case with a quitclaim house,” says criminal defense attorney Jeromy Stafford, who is based in Idaho Falls, ID. “It’s what low-level, shady lawyers do.”

He’s heard of attorneys taking their clients’ cars, guns, and guitars in lieu of cash—but never a house.

Prior, Daybell’s attorney, has previously found himself on the wrong side of the law. About a decade ago, a 19-year-old woman claimed the attorney attempted to sexually assault her in his conference room, according to the ABA Journal. She allegedly had been seeking employment and legal advice.

The attorney denied the claim, saying he paid her for sex and she consented to his advances. Yet in 2012, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor battery and was sentenced to 120 days in jail.

wow…and he can still practice?

When trial time comes for CD does anyone think the courts will require a FO attorney on the case even if CD wants Prior to be his attorney? I am afraid if something is not done, latter on CD will say he was not represented fairly as Prior was not DP qualified, although he served on some trials as 2nd lawyer. I hate for it to got to appeal.
I think with what has come out the past week, Prior is out of his league.

Well certainly, paying for sex is the way to go. Eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member