The most notorious unsolved crime in your area

ARKANSAS
AR - Kevin Ives, 17, & Don Henry, 16, Bryant, 22 Aug 1987

Two teens, Kevin Ives and Don Henry, went out hunting one night in Bryant, Arkansas, only to be run over by a cargo train. At first, the 1987 deaths were deemed a suicide.
Their families eventually got the case reopened, and it was determined that, while the boys had smoked a little marijuana, one of them was already dead from stab wounds while the other was unconscious from a blow to the head when the train struck them.

Not to be too speculative but it seems all signs point to the son. The fact he stole the car to buy drugs leads me to wonder how he was able to just take the car if his dad was keeping such a close eye on him/knew he may not be trustworthy enough to borrow the car. I've seen sooo many cases of family members killing others for money, and adding drugs in to the mix makes it potentially more hostile.
Also it's very coincidental that this took place during a time when the mom was scheduled to be out of the home. Makes me think this may have been planned, or at least that someone took advantage of the fact one of the adults of the home was absent. So maybe a focus on who knew she was out of the house and why could point to some persons of interest as well.
I work domestic violence and this has "domestic" written all over it based on my education/experience.

Disappearance of Robert Hoaglund

50 year old Robert Hoagland went missing in July 2013 from Newtown, CT where he lived with his wife and one of their three adult sons, Max. The latter had been struggling with drug addiction, and the Hoaglands were by all accounts dedicated to helping with his recovery. Robert was a trained chef, but was working as a real estate appraiser and in a friend's law office at the time of his disappearance; in part to be more available for his son.

Robert was recorded by security cameras at a gas station in town the morning of his disappearance. He bought gas for his wife's car and a map, then returned home to eat breakfast and hang out at home with Max.

His wife Lori, a teacher, would be returning from a trip to Turkey the next day, and she and Mr. Hoagland had made plans for him to pick her up at the airport. He never arrived. After staying overnight with a family member near the airport, Mrs. Hoagland arrived home the next day to find her vehicle, her husband and her son all missing. The car and Max soon turned up: he'd taken it to buy drugs and had been arrested for trespassing in the process. However, even though he would have been the last person to see his father, Max had no idea where he was ... and no one has been able to figure it out since then, either.

This has domestic written all over it in my opinion. I work in domestic violence and it really appears the son had something to do with it. The stealing of the car for drugs leads me to believe maybe something occurred between Dad and Son that ended up with the son getting the car; which I think is clear Dad would not just give to him given his knowledge of his son's drug issues and his want to keep on eye on him (to the point he switched careers to be there!).

It's also very coincidental that this disappearance would conveniently occur when his wife was out of town or "out of the way". If his disappearance wasn't planned, at the very least I think the perpetrator took advantage of the fact his partner was not in the home for an extended period of time for her planned business trip.

His son is the last person to see him alive, and has a clear motive (money/drugs) so I think the facts speak for themselves.

Also, I find it unlikely he went missing on purpose, as why would you buy gas and abandon the car if you were fleeing/trying to run away from something/one.

Eugene, Oregon
Disappearance of Rebecca Reid

The 1997 disappearance of Rebecca Reid has always stayed with me. This community felt uneasy for awhile and I remember how devastated her husband and young son were, to have her stolen that way.

She literally was taken at knife point from her job one night and there's been very few clues of what happened to Rebecca, since the night she disappeared. It sure would be great for her family to see a break in this case.

Rebecca Reid Cold Case

Rebecca Kathleen Reid now has a thread of her own. It can be found here:

Oregon, Eugene: Rebecca Kathleen Reid abduction 1997 cold case

For South Carolina, I'd like to bring attention to Dail Dinwiddie. She disappeared 28 years ago and the family has had no answers. There were recent rumors about an arrested attorney near the area where she disappeared known as Five Points (an area with bars near the University of South Carolina), but the police deny that any connection to Dinwiddie.
Dail Dinwiddie: 28 years of questions

This has domestic written all over it in my opinion. I work in domestic violence and it really appears the son had something to do with it. The stealing of the car for drugs leads me to believe maybe something occurred between Dad and Son that ended up with the son getting the car; which I think is clear Dad would not just give to him given his knowledge of his son's drug issues and his want to keep on eye on him (to the point he switched careers to be there!).

It's also very coincidental that this disappearance would conveniently occur when his wife was out of town or "out of the way". If his disappearance wasn't planned, at the very least I think the perpetrator took advantage of the fact his partner was not in the home for an extended period of time for her planned business trip.

His son is the last person to see him alive, and has a clear motive (money/drugs) so I think the facts speak for themselves.

Also, I find it unlikely he went missing on purpose, as why would you buy gas and abandon the car if you were fleeing/trying to run away from something/one.

Still no sign of him. In addition, In the week before Lori's return, two of the family's laptop computers were stolen. Robert came to believe that Max had taken them to either sell or exchange in order to obtain drugs, and sent an email to Lori apologizing for having let it happen.[5] Investigators later learned that he had traveled to an abandoned industrial building in Bridgeport to confront some men they described as Max's "associates" over the theft, which Max had said they were responsible for.[1] On July 25, $600 was withdrawn from one of the family's bank accounts.

Was discussing this case on another forum, and someone mentioned the odd way Robert's keys and wallet were hidden. Another poster said she had lived with an addicted person, and apparently you hid stuff to keep it from disappearing.

KENTUCKY -- Betty Gail Brown -- Found strangled in her car, October 27, 1961.
There are so many unsolved mysteries in Kentucky it's probably useless to debate how 'notorious' any one might be, but this is the oldest (to my knowledge) and does have a book dedicated to it.
In less than a month it will be SIXTY YEARS OLD!!

New Hampshire-
Maura Murray, although there is no proof an actual crime took place
Bear Brook-who is unidentified child
Connecticut River Murders[/QUOTE

I think Maura was picked up by a “helpful” guy and met her demise… my ex-husband was one of those helpful guys and I’ve always wondered..”what else has he done?”

The zodiac was just solved.
So they say.

If that is actually confirmed, what would then become California's most notorious unsolved case?

Maybe Natalie Wood?

The Black Dahlia?

How about the Santa Rosa hitchhiker murders?

The Keddie Cabin Murders?

Bob Crane?

I'm sure there are many more that should be considered. Anyone have an opinion?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back