Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought SD getting Covid was fishy too at first. But now I think it's probably not fishy, because there would be no real point. It's not going to get her out of facing the music, just postpone it a bit. But it might mean that Barry can't move in with her, as we've been anticipating.

I thought SD getting Covid was fishy too at first. But now I think it's probably not fishy, because there would be no real point. It's not going to get her out of facing the music, just postpone it a bit. But it might mean that Barry can't move in with her, as we've been anticipating.

I still think there is something fishy about her saying she has Covid .

An ulterior motive to delay appearing in court, we just have to work out why the delay might benefit either one or both of them.

I would think that the majority of the contents of the PP house at the time of Suzanne's disappearance are in a storage unit in Chaffee County. Barry buried anything he didn't want to move from IN to CO in the front yard, so I don't get the feeling that Barry is the kind of guy willing to pay for extra storage when he already had a big house. He kept everything he used for the disappearance in the garage and driveway. The condo wasn't big enough to hold all of his antlers, so I can see him getting a storage unit until he bought a new house.

Is there a link indicating Barry buried things in the front yard, that he didn't want to move to Colorado with?

I like how you're thinking. I too have questions about the Camelbak, maybe there are water fountains/sources at the trails she preferred to use? They have parking lots and seemed to be attached to larger state/national parks.

I know the gloves were wadded up in the closet floor (several of us believe that was Barry having used them for something to leave her DNA behind) I'm not remembering any wadded shorts, but stuff gets lost in my head.

I believe the "unchambered" round is the one that ended up on the bedroom floor.

On the note in the bike helmet, that is a common thing in the mountain biking world. Should you have a bad accident, EMTs/anybody who happens along can contact your family. I agree that SM probably left her bike on the RR if she wasn't going anywhere. I'm not clear on the model, some of those mountain bikes can get super pricey, if it was a higher end one she probably took it off to go grocery shopping, but being COVID nobody was going much of anywhere.

I do not believe that Suzanne planned on a ride on May 9 (or 10th for that matter), the girls were coming home the next day and she would want to get stuff around the house ready. They were an for-appearances household and MM1s bff was with them. She was doing Barry's business books during all of this, too.

I also think Barry sexually assaulted her before she died. He was just so obsessed with the idea of her being molested by her abductor.

Rsbm

Her bike shorts were on the floor of the closet, as I recall. They're the article he pointed to, for LE as a scent item.

I think Suzanne WOULD have gone on a bike ride on 5/9. Perhaps with Barry. Or the hike. She was playing nice, and I believe she thought they were on a new civil path to divorce -- finding a nice place for him, continuing to do invoices, etc. It was a lovely day in Salida, sunny and warm.

With a side of dark and foreboding.

Funny (no awful) that Barry himself adds the stench of death to the day's story-- with his chipmunk tale.

Barry, what were you doing at 2:45 on 5/9?

I was home and I was killing things.

I don't doubt bikers leave contact info in their helmets. Smart. I don't know that they list all the people they know (okay, three). I'm just saying that MAYBE Suzanne's to-do list and the emergency contact list were modified. To fit details. Barry had an order of events...

Didn't Barry say the bullet was in his pocket? Not confident on that so MOO MOO MOO.

Either way, I believe it was in his pocket. And I think it fell out of his pocket when he took his shorts off.

Right by the bed.

Those scratches on his arm? He didn't say they were work related. He said they were Suzanne-related because IMO the brain doesn't lie. When LE asked, I bet how-they-happened is what popped up in his brain -- something he was NOT going to tell so he told something tamer-- got it from a tree, while hiking or searching for SUZANNE. Point being, it was SUZANNE'S FAULT, she caused the scratches to him. He just sanitized the how, from direct to indirect!!!

During the hours in question, based on LE's timeline and theory of the case, some time between the tranq dart and murder, Barry was close enough to Suzanne -- and Suzanne was alive enough --that she attempted to fight back. Sge was trying not to die which IMO means she knew she was going to. THAT is chilling.

And all I can hear in my head are the words of beautiful Kelsey Berreth as Patrick Frazee beat her to death with a baseball bat....

As if Suzanne to Barry --

Please stop.

JMO

Last edited:
Is there a link indicating Barry buried things in the front yard, that he didn't want to move to Colorado with?

It's a footnote (#55, Pg 53 of 129) in the AA. I need to remember to search 'alfalfa' so I can find it without reading every footnote from the beginning. Maybe next time, I'll just look for this post.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 1074.png
    ScreenHunter 1074.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 64
Rsbm

Her bike shorts were on the floor of the closet, as I recall. They're the article he pointed to, for LE as a scent item.

I think Suzanne WOULD have gone on a bike ride on 5/9. Perhaps with Barry. Or the hike. She was playing nice, and I believe she thought they were on a new civil path to divorce -- finding a nice place for him, continuing to do invoices, etc. It was a lovely day in Salida, sunny and warm.

With a side of dark and foreboding.

Funny (no awful) that Barry himself adds the stench of death to the day's story-- with his chipmunk tale.

Barry, what were you doing at 2:45 on 5/9?

I was home and I was killing things.

I don't doubt bikers leave contact info in their helmets. Smart. I don't know that they list all the people they know (okay, three). I'm just saying that MAYBE Suzanne's to-do list and the emergency contact list were modified. To fit details. Barry had an order of events...

Didn't Barry say the bullet was in his pocket? Not confident on that so MOO MOO MOO.

Either way, I believe it was in his pocket. And I think it fell out of his pocket when he took his shorts off.

Right by the bed.

Those scratches on his arm? He didn't say they were work related. He said they were Suzanne-related because IMO the brain doesn't lie. When LE asked, I bet how-they-happened is what popped up in his brain -- something he was NOT going to tell so he told something tamer-- got it from a tree, while hiking or searching for SUZANNE. Point being, it was SUZANNE'S FAULT, she caused the scratches to him. He just sanitized the how, from direct to indirect!!!

During the hours in question, based on LE's timeline and theory of the case, some time between the tranq dart and murder, Barry was close enough to Suzanne -- and Suzanne was alive enough --that she attempted to fight back. Sge was trying not to die which IMO means she knew she was going to. THAT is chilling.

And all I can hear in my head are the words of beautiful Kelsey Berreth as Patrick Frazee beat her to death with a baseball bat....

As if Suzanne to Barry --

Please stop.

JMO
OMG! This seems so right on! And absolutely horrifying!

Ah, she was willing to go on a hike with him and she was making nice hoping he'd just let her go quietly. All the more reason to not select an early evening activity that excluded him.

Do you think he originally thought he'd take her up one of the trails on the western spur and push her off into Fooses? Based on what slips out in interviews, it seems like he went through a half dozen scenarios before going with whatever he finally did.

Breaking!

Just heard Mike on Profiling Evil announce that SDs hearing has been postponed until a later date. SD has informed the court that she has the covid virus.

Here is the Profiling Evil link for the info re coronoa virus and SD re @DeDee's post

The podcast is from yesterday 10/11/2021 and he is weighing in on a few cases
The info about the Morphew case starts around 5:42
He does not cite a source or how he came to know SD has the corona virus and says her case will be heard a few weeks down the road. Just curious if anyone has seen SD and covid confirmed in a post by Lauren or anyone else ?

He also indicates that SD was arrested for trespassing and theft after the new owner of BM's house on Puma Path saw SD on camera"skulking" around ( looked like she had been jogging in plain site up the driveway to me) and then taking a package.

The "skulking" verbage is probably just an attempt to add drama to his podcast but I think he is error about the theft charge - did anybody see a theft charge on her AA ?

Here is the Profiling Evil link for the info re coronoa virus and SD re @DeDee's post

He does not cite a source or how he came to know SD has the corona virus and says her case will be heard a few weeks down the road. Just curious if anyone has seen SD and covid confirmed in a post by Lauren or anyone else ?

He also indicates that SD was arrested for trespassing and theft after the new owner of BM's house on Puma Path saw SD on camera"skulking" around ( looked like she had been jogging in plain site up the driveway to me) and then taking a package.

The "skulking" verbage is probably just an attempt to add drama to his podcast but I think he is error about the theft charge - did anybody see a theft charge on her AA ?
No theft charge that I am aware of. Just trespassing.

I still think there is something fishy about her saying she has Covid .

An ulterior motive to delay appearing in court, we just have to work out why the delay might benefit either one or both of them.

I think it greatly benefits them both if she delays going to court. When they investigate her, they might find more things to ding him with.

Maybe she had to check all the doors and windows and window wells. It can be like chasing chipmunks checking all the places a package might (not) be.

JMO

I like how you're thinking. I too have questions about the Camelbak, maybe there are water fountains/sources at the trails she preferred to use? They have parking lots and seemed to be attached to larger state/national parks.

I know the gloves were wadded up in the closet floor (several of us believe that was Barry having used them for something to leave her DNA behind) I'm not remembering any wadded shorts, but stuff gets lost in my head.

I believe the "unchambered" round is the one that ended up on the bedroom floor.

On the note in the bike helmet, that is a common thing in the mountain biking world. Should you have a bad accident, EMTs/anybody who happens along can contact your family. I agree that SM probably left her bike on the RR if she wasn't going anywhere. I'm not clear on the model, some of those mountain bikes can get super pricey, if it was a higher end one she probably took it off to go grocery shopping, but being COVID nobody was going much of anywhere.

I do not believe that Suzanne planned on a ride on May 9 (or 10th for that matter), the girls were coming home the next day and she would want to get stuff around the house ready. They were an for-appearances household and MM1s bff was with them. She was doing Barry's business books during all of this, too.

I also think Barry sexually assaulted her before she died. He was just so obsessed with the idea of her being molested by her abductor.
We know SM took her RR into town to meet BM at his job site at Tailwinds on Friday, 5/8. They both then went to Moonlight Pizza. I would guess SM probably did not have her bike on the RR then. I wonder if the RR was picked up in town that night on any videos? It appeared that SM remained at the house on Saturday morning. She texted both SO and JL.

We were led to believe that Suzanne rode her bike in the mornings, underscored by -- was it GD? -- who said she always road before church? Barry sure wants the world to think she biked at 9am...

But didn't we just learn that Suzanne was an AFTERNOON biker?

Oh, Barry.

Ya gotta pay attention to your wife.

Especially if you wanna stage a convincing scene.

JMO

We were led to believe that Suzanne rode her bike in the mornings, underscored by -- was it GD? -- who said she always road before church? Barry sure wants the world to think she biked at 9am...

But didn't we just learn that Suzanne was an AFTERNOON biker?

Oh, Barry.

Ya gotta pay attention to your wife.

Especially if you wanna stage a convincing scene.

JMO
Yep Barry said she was a morning biker. Those who knew her (daughters and friends, NOT Barry) said she rode in the afternoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member