Found Deceased FL - Miya Marcano, 19, Arden Villas apts, Orlando, 24 Sep 2021

Just a strange thing I saw recently. In the video where her family is interrogating Caballero and saying all her friends from the complex were out helping look for Miya those first few hours and nobody knows Tati. If you google the entire picture of her in the red jersey that was widely circulated when she was missing check out the name on the Starbucks cup she’s holding For a moment I was doubtful Tati was a real person but clearly she is….
can u post it? thanks!

How did he get out of her apt with her? What was the time frame? 5 Pm to some time around 8:00/8:30 PM right? His phone pinged in another location around 8ish? Friday night between 5-8 PM at a mostly college student apartment complex? In my mind it would be nearly impossible to move a body, in the daylight, without anyone seeing. How did he manage to pull this off?
I might be entirely off base but perhaps they hung out before so no one in the complex questioned seeing them together? That is of course assuming he didn’t kill her in the apartment. /jmo

I might be entirely off base but perhaps they hung out before so no one in the complex questioned seeing them together? That is of course assuming he didn’t kill her in the apartment. /jmo

Wouldn’t that mean she walked out to his car? I don’t see her leaving when she knows she’s about to fly out of town within a few hours. Who knows though…at this point. Her family acknowledges in the video that what was going on wasn’t one sided so there really is no telling what happened and the 2 people with all the answers are no longer here.

Wouldn’t that mean she walked out to his car? I don’t see her leaving when she knows she’s about to fly out of town within a few hours. Who knows though…at this point. Her family acknowledges in the video that what was going on wasn’t one sided so there really is no telling what happened and the 2 people with all the answers are no longer here.
We may never know that really happened. IMO he subdued and killed her quickly in her room. There was a previous post about how she was on the first floor and her room was close to the parking lot - I think when night fell, which is early in central Florida, he could have taken out the window concealed and taken her to his car without being seen. He had some luck and a bit of time on his side.
Today it was reported that the family haven’t been told a cause of death yet…

What video was that? I must’ve missed it.

What video was that? I must’ve missed it.
Sorry I did reply to this but should have said that IMO I interpreted it as not confirming what he said as correct that it wasn’t one sided but that they were just trying to get information and getting him to talk. I do think it was one sided and I don’t think Miya had a relationship with him outside of work. She would not have disclosed the messages and being uncomfortable to her friends\roomates otherwise. Again IMO.

Sorry I did reply to this but should have said that IMO I interpreted it as not confirming what he said as correct that it wasn’t one sided but that they were just trying to get information and getting him to talk. I do think it was one sided and I don’t think Miya had a relationship with him outside of work. She would not have disclosed the messages and being uncomfortable to her friends\roomates otherwise. Again IMO.
Sadly there are some men (and women) who mistake kindness for interest. I know I’ve personally encountered some men who mistook a friendly smile at a grocery store for interest and then wouldn’t leave me alone while I was shopping. Granted their situation was different seeing as she was bound to encounter him frequently given their respective working/living arrangements. It wouldn’t be a surprise to me if he genuinely believed she was interested in him by way of friendliness. But it also wouldn’t surprise me if she had actually been interested in him at one point, and maybe gave him her number because of it, only to inevitably decide it wasn’t something she wanted in the end. /JMO

Yup. That is definitely more likely but I just don’t think it was one sided. By no means am I blaming Miya. They had only known each other a few months. They were both young. I doubt she thought that this would be the end game and maybe they did “talk” for a little while but it tapered off on her end. Maybe she heard about his other behavior from residents. She did work in the office. She starts distancing herself and then he starts getting creepy. We just don’t know the whole story. Maybe they rarely spoke and only at work and he really is just a horrible person. Maybe she was just being nice. She gave an inch and he took a mile.

EDIT: by “talk” I meant the pre-stages of dating. Or at least that’s what we called it in my day. Talking. Getting to know each other. Not meant to be sexual in any way.

Last edited:
The complex is screwed IMO. Her parents acted swiftly. They reached out to the complex’s emergency contact line (among management personnel) that same night and never received a call back. I don’t know that Miya’s death could’ve been prevented had their calls been answered or returned but justice would’ve likely been served in that the suspect would have at least still been apprehended alive. /JMO

Last edited:
what I’d like to know is if he was working that day… because if he was just waiting around in her room for hours shouldn’t someone have noticed that an off duty worker accessed her room? then again maybe I’m misunderstanding how the system works because the way they know and cite the times he entered her room makes it sound more like a hotel keycard rather than master key set. I can understand a keycard logging entries but a physical key? Not so much.

what I’d like to know is if he was working that day… because if he was just waiting around in her room for hours shouldn’t someone have noticed that an off duty worker accessed her room? then again maybe I’m misunderstanding how the system works because the way they know and cite the times he entered her room makes it sound more like a hotel keycard rather than master key set. I can understand a keycard logging entries but a physical key? Not so much.
I did read somewhere that he was working - at least in the afternoon when he said he last saw her at 3 pm. It seems he worked later too as he called the office staff to let him in to the condos at 7:11 pm but maybe he was off at that time already - that was on the timeline provided by OCSD. So maybe he was working the evening shift? Was he alone? He was gone for such long periods unaccounted for as well…
I thought it was a keycard too from what it all sounded like IMO but I just kind of thought the logs are probably not checked - as obviously the perp wasn’t worried about that at all. Otherwise, and I hate to say this, he pretty clearly could have gone in her window.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back