Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing that crime scene, you may just be right. Jmo

My immediate thought seeing the crime scene for the first time...what if a poacher was in the area? Gabby was out strolling she gets shot by accident initially, they find her and see what they have done. He/They can't let her live and either let her die or finish her. Incredibly unlikely but just my first glance at the photos it was my initial thought.

Obviously, it fits other scenarios too, I would suppose it would depend on if campers nearby heard gunshots or the lack thereof.

PLEASE NOTE I'm just speculating, on possible defense theories. It does fit some aspects. Even if it requires some extraordinary circumstances to do so.

So now Brian returns and can't find Gabby at first, he searches and finds hers and freaks out and runs. He knows especially after Moab and other alledged events he will be prime suspect #1.

Until we close all possibilities... hopefully, the coroner's report will help shed more light and eliminate or verify certain scenarios

Hey everyone!

I'm out of the Websleuth jail and glad to be back.

I really hope that the press conference is fruitful in terms of revelations.

I think I saw someone say that it may be as limited as confirming a rough time period regarding her death, and that the body is indeed Gabby. I did think they had already confirmed the latter though, as I'm sure I'd read that Gabby's stepfather had to identify her body, but I could be wrong.

Many are thinking that the cause of death will be revealed to be a gunshot, but I don't know why but I feel that it was strangulation.

It feels almost wrong to guess or conjecture as to what it may be, but I suppose that's part and parcel of why we're all here on this thread.

MOO

Last edited:
My immediate thought seeing the crime scene for the first time...what if a poacher was in the area? Gabby was out strolling she gets shot by accident initially, they find her and see what they have done. He/They can't let her live and either let her die or finish her. Incredibly unlikely but just my first glance at the photos it was my initial thought.

Obviously, it fits other scenarios too, I would suppose it would depend on if campers nearby heard gunshots or the lack thereof.

PLEASE NOTE I'm just speculating, on possible defense theories. It does fit some aspects. Even if it requires some extraordinary circumstances to do so.

So now Brian returns and can't find Gabby at first, he searches and finds hers and freaks out and runs. He knows especially after Moab and other alledged events he will be prime suspect #1.

Until we close all possibilities... hopefully, the coroner's report will help shed more light and eliminate or verify certain scenarios

If your theory is right then:

1) Why doesn't he call the cops immediately?
2) Why does his family lawyer up immediately?
3) Why doesn't he notify his family immediately?

That's the least he can do since it was all "an accident", right?

So my thinking is.. if they ID’d her by her tattoos and clothing, obviously (IMO I’m not trained in anything like this) something was done to her face that was so bad her face was unrecognizable.

lol he would say her anxiety was more advanced than his.
Being around BL would make me extremely anxious, especially if he had been threatening, hitting, or abusing me in any other way. And even more especially if he had gaslighted me into believing I was an anxious person.
So, yeah, consider the source and the context.

Hey everyone!

I'm out of the Websleuth jail and glad to be back.

I really hope that the press conference is fruitful in terms of revelations.

I think I saw someone say that it may be as limited as confirming a rough time period and that the body is indeed, Gabby. I did think they had already confirmed the latter though as I'm sure I'd read that Gabby's stepfather had to identify her body, but I could be wrong.

Many are thinking that the cause of death will be revealed to be a gunshot, but I don't know why but I feel that it was strangulation.

It feels almost wrong to guess or conjecture as to what it may be, but I suppose that's part and parcel of why we're all here on this thread.

MOO

I also have strong thoughts of strangulation being the cause of death on this one.

I don't think she was sleeping; I think she was dead...
Hypothermia may have been possible -- causing her death -- but the investigators wouldn't have called it "homicide," IMO.
From my personal experience, her not "Defending him" in his mind- in public- enraged him to the point of killing her. I can not explain this, but it just sets off an explosion in DV abusers. Idk why. I nearly paid the ultimate price for doing exactly what Gabby is reported to have done. That is why I do not think she lived more than a few hours after they left the restaurant. Jmo

Correct. This is pretty standard.
Yep, for years my DH was in the hospitality industry. He hated January when restaurants would have their two for one specials. Either customers were really clueless or pretended not to figure out that they only tipped on the order they paid for not the other one that was still served to them.

My $0.02.
1. This is not a "traditional missing persons case."
2. As GP's dad said, "He's not missing, he is hiding."
3. BL got a good head start on LE before they even knew he was "missing."
4. BL most likely took food and money with him.
5. The food and money will run out soon.
6. BL's challenges will be 1) where to get more food and money, and 2) how to avoid being seen while accomplishing 1).
7. Unless he has a vehicle of some kind (where is his bike?), it would be difficult for him to go anywhere without being seen by someone. (Bus, train, hitchhiking are possible, but risky.)
8. It's only been a month since BL made a run for it. IMHO, not very long, considering his head start.
9. Not having a vehicle (that we know of) somewhat works in his favor, as there is no license plate to track.
10. Not having a vehicle (that we know of) somewhat works against him, as he will need to stay within walking (or biking, or delivery) distance of supplies.

ETA:
11. There's a price on his head.

That's all I have this morning. All JMHO.
I generally agree. he is not above average intelligence, has no training or experience in real self sufficiency, survival or evasion. In $1,000 or a couple of thousand is not going to last long. He isn't going to be undetected overseas without a lot of money and I dont see that as rational decision. Of course there is nothing that pre-supposes his decisions are going to be rational anyway or that he might not get lucky. There are a lot of unoccupied structures near the Appalachian trail and if he had been out there before the heat really was on he could be holed up and be scavanging.

My own view is odds are around 50% than he committed suicide and will never be found and be the DB cooper of the decade with alleged sightings occurring regularly.

That's my take as well. I seriously doubt that he's been camping out for a month. But I have been wrong before.
As far as being a survivalist goes...BL is a legend in his own lunchbox. The exploits and fables come from him. I also don't believe anyone would invest in this guy's escape without reading him the riot act about lying low.

He crossed the creek with her.

Q I'd like to know whether she did it on her own or whether she was carried there. From CS photos looks like everything happened on other side (translation, she walked). MOO We'll see.

I'd also like to know what she was wearing at Merry Piglets and whether she was still in those clothes when she was found.

Finally, who sat next to BL on the SLC <---> Tampa legs and did he talk - because we know he tends to talk a lot (Moab, both hitchhikers, etc.) MOO

Authorities to provide more details on Gabby Petito's final autopsy report
snipped
After more than a week of searching for Laundrie, the FBI went back to his parents, asking for personal items of his to assist with DNA matching. They provided what they could, Bertolino, the Laundries' lawyer, told multiple news outlets.

Laundrie's father has participated in a search of the nature reserve for him, but he has no plans to assist in police searches and the couple will not take a polygraph test, Bertolino said.

“They provided what they could,” sounds at first glance like they were helpful, but it doesn’t mean they provided anything of value or usefulness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member