Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the topic of erotic asphyxiation is way off-base. We have access to the Moab video. We heard Gabby say that BL put his hand on her neck and face. That was NOT a sexual act. There were 911 calls about them fighting which again prove this was NOT a sexual act. It just feels very creepy to me to even go there when we have Gabby on video sobbing and anxious about BL grabbing her face. There is nothing erotic about that and I haven’t seen, read or heard anything that remotely points to any type of sex act. JMO.
I agree - if there was that type of thing going on surely there would be visible marks on them and there is nothing to suggest that in their social media photos.

I'm sure (or at least I hope) that LE will have questioned her and her bf thoroughly regarding this.

Someone mentioned that maybe the marks that look like blood spatter at the crime scene could possibly be BL's blood. Say, for example, if they argued, she hit him and bust his nose, and he retaliated, saw red and strangled her.

I wonder if his nose was swollen when he hitched a ride. Also, I wonder if, given the amount of time that would have elapsed from when GP was killed to when he returned to FL, it would've been sufficient time to allow any bruising to fade, swelling to reduce, or scratches to heal?

Were there any visible marks on him in the images CaL shared of the family trip to the campsite? (Surely she wouldn't be that foolish to share something that may incriminate him)

Just wondering if there were any signs of a struggle or altercation, but I'm guessing the Laundrie campsite outing was over a week later so it's not likely there were any visible marks once that period of time had passed.

MOO
I sure hope LE follows up with Miranda to see if she remembers seeing anything on him...I would imagine there would have to be since that was only a day or two later...I can't imagine that Gabby would not have been fighting with all of her might!

I respectfully have to disagree, the Laundrie Family lawyer'ed up from the get-go. They knew something was wrong. If they thought it was a breakup I would think they would have talked to her family when they were calling etc and told them that. IMO

I respectfully disagree.

We don't know when they instructed a lawyer.

There is a considerable difference knowing the real story on Sept 1st and knowing the real story by Sept 11th when the attorney details were given.

I respectfully have to disagree, the Laundrie Family lawyer'ed up from the get-go. They knew something was wrong. If they thought it was a breakup I would think they would have talked to her family when they were calling etc and told them that. IMO

No evidence that they lawyered up “from the get-go” if you mean as soon as BL came home or sooner. They had lawyered when LE came by to ask questions which was not until Sept 11. GP’s family did not start making calls and sending texts and emails until the 10th.

It is very possible that the Laundries just didn’t press BL as to what happened when he returned alone, having no clue and not even thinking such a thing that Gabby was left, much less that she was dead and their son possibly killed her.

when the texts and emails let them know that no one had heard from GP and the family was worried, that’s when things heated up there and the Laundries decided they needed professional advice. They did right thing in calling for it. We do not know what BL told them.

I have a lot of adult kids and we do not discuss relationships with SO families.

It does not eliminate that at all. The coroner’s statement simply said
"Unfortunately this is only one of many deaths around the country of people who are involved with domestic violence, and it's unfortunate that these other deaths did not get as much coverage as this one," Blue said.

It does not say outright that Gabby died from DV. The DV episode was known before the autopsy.

Perhaps Gabby had older injuries

The violent drawings, the anger the the ability to snooze it over, he has a history.

His parents know.
If they do, it's in a place in their mind they've buried long ago. They didn't do this and are undoubtedly hating themselves just for bringing him into the world. BL doesn't get to share the blame with them. This is all him.

I agree - if there was that type of thing going on surely there would be visible marks on them and there is nothing to suggest that in their social media photos.

There is a photo of Gabby sitting near the sand dunes when she had been skateboarding on the sand (gliding) it’s on their social media. Her back is facing the camera and it looks widely bruised. Sorry I do not have a link to it.

I think, based on what the Petitos/Schmidts said on Dr. Phil, they’ll request that the death penalty be taken off the table, so BL can spend the rest of his life in a cement room and rarely, if ever, go outside. That decision will ultimately be up to the US Attorney in Wyoming.
However, I still think the FBI will still use it as a bargaining chip to get information from BL and his parents. “Cooperate and we’ll see what we can do,” or the like.
MOO.
BBM. I think the only reason that would happen is if BL proves to be a disciplinary problem to himself or others in the prison. There have been books written on how to cope with prison life: Book Store | Prison Legal News

Like how he basically confirmed that the card BL used WAS Gabby's!!!

https://twitter.com/PeiSzeCheng4NY/status/1447998326067040258

So now that we know it was Gabby’s card that he used, what possible explanation could he have for running back to Florida with it, and without her? Even if, let’s say, he regularly had permission to use it, wouldn’t this be yet more evidence of guilt? What possible plausible reason could he have for both leaving her in the woods with no vehicle and none of her stuff, and also taking her debit card? In nobody’s universe would someone manage to do this, and not also be guilty of the murder.

Yes. And it has been said that there was a small fire pit and a flattened area where a tent could have been pitched (I think her stepdad JS said that but don't quote me). Anyway, they may have parked the van and walked to an area to camp out for the night. Then something horrible happened. That's why I really want to see an aerial photo showing the distance and terrain between and around the van and her final resting place.

Her body was on the other side of the creek from where the van was parked.
Measured in Google Earth, the locations of the van & her body are approx. 287 yards apart.
The ground between is rocky creek, water flow in some places, others spots, not.

Attachments

• 1 Gabby Remains to Van.png
    1 Gabby Remains to Van.png
    1 MB · Views: 595
I wanted to reply to a post before the thread closed but missed it.

Strangulation in WY does allow for strangulation deaths to be consider pee-mediated.
If strangulation is committed during a felony domestic violence charge (or other felonies) it is eligible to considered first degree (malice aforethought).

Hmm, why would this department be filing charges?

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/pal...y-expects-murder-charges-in-gabby-petito-case

Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg said that after Petito's cause of death was announced Tuesday, murder charges will be filed in this case, but the question is when.

"We're moving towards filing charges but prosecutors are in no rush to file charges because once you file those charges, you have speedy trial rules and you have to try the case within 180 days," Aronberg said. "So prosecutors are going to make sure they have enough evidence before they file charges."
That is rather perplexing since the likely murder didn't happen in Palm Beach County.

IMO the topic of erotic asphyxiation is way off-base. We have access to the Moab video. We heard Gabby say that BL put his hand on her neck and face. That was NOT a sexual act. There were 911 calls about them fighting which again prove this was NOT a sexual act. It just feels very creepy to me to even go there when we have Gabby on video sobbing and anxious about BL grabbing her face. There is nothing erotic about that and I haven’t seen, read or heard anything that remotely points to any type of sex act. JMO.

I agree, there is also evidence from GP's mother that tension between this couple was escalating during their trip. It is possible, anything is possible, but in this case improbable. It is distressing to me to keep hearing this said over and over again. MMO

Throttling/manual strangulation specifically means using hands iirc. What you are describing would likely be referred to as asphyxiation in general, not manual strangulation. MOO.

Here is a link to the science-based definition .....

Manual strangulation involves compression of the neck by using either one or both hands or by exercising pressure with another part of the body such as the forearm or knee.
Strangulation - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

As referenced from the Encyclopedia of Forensic Sciences (Second Edition)

All back again to evidence, now what places BL 100% there? Could someone else have been involved? Still so many unknowns until more information is released.”

That’s the question. The coroners report has a large time period when death could have occurred. BL was not there for parts of that time period. That is provable as he was in the road on the way Home , and out hitchhiking.

Hmm, why would this department be filing charges?

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/pal...y-expects-murder-charges-in-gabby-petito-case

Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg said that after Petito's cause of death was announced Tuesday, murder charges will be filed in this case, but the question is when.

"We're moving towards filing charges but prosecutors are in no rush to file charges because once you file those charges, you have speedy trial rules and you have to try the case within 180 days," Aronberg said. "So prosecutors are going to make sure they have enough evidence before they file charges."
He uses the term "they" so he's not referring to his own office. He's just explaining why there would be a delay. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member