Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO he’s just digging Brian’s grave deeper and deeper. I don’t care what Gabby could have done to him, there is NOTHING to justify him strangling her for MINUTES! NOTHING. There is no excuse that BL could ever give that would make what he did okay. Not with the amount of time it took for her to die with his hands around her neck.
Completely agree with you!

It might be an American thing, but "manual strangulation/throttling" is understood to be using your hands to encircle the neck of another person and choking them.

"Manual strangulation, also known as throttling, is a type of asphyxial death where the perpetrator uses his hand to encircle and compress the front and side of the neck. It is a common method of homicide, most often encountered when the physical size and strength of the assailant exceeds that of the victim."

Homicide by a combination of three different asphyxial methods - ScienceDirect

*Warning: Graphic photos at link.

I also wanted to add that even if the hyoid bone isn't broken or damaged there can still be damage to the larynx. Not to mention strangulation, even if not fatal, can result in brain damage to the victim.

It truly is an extreme act of cruelty that I myself have experienced firsthand. Rest in peace Gabby.

https://www.mobileodt.com/blog/taki...tion-in-domestic-violence-is-a-huge-red-flag/

No evidence that they lawyered up “from the get-go” if you mean as soon as BL came home or sooner. They had lawyered when LE came by to ask questions which was not until Sept 11
I agree there’s no evidence of this but IMO there’s also no evidence they didn’t. We have no idea when SB was contacted. JMO.

Im not surprised by this cause of death at all. Partners that commit domestic violence against their female counterpart seem to go for the neck- in my own experience this was the case. In an attempt to shut their victim up. Stop the screaming because: "ppl will hear you", "stop fighting" (even though she cannot breath, duh you idiot, no wonder she's fighting, she can't breath) It takes time to strangle the life out of a person. Longer than a few seconds- it takes minutes. To me that means the murderer had time to think about his hands wrapped around her neck or whatver he was using to strangle the life out of her. Face to face most likely- seeing that, the fear in the victim's eyes, skin turning red then blue----it takes a monster to do this to someone they love- I dont care how upset they got.

He was so controlled at the Moab stop so why couldn’t he “control” himself around gabby, because he was in control, he changed because he wanted too, he killed her because he could MOO
Ita.
As in 'premeditated' ... and not a sudden rage.
A puppet master who held the strings, until Gabby tried to escape ?

In her defense, I think she tried to forgive him.
Over and over.
I shudder to think what her last day on earth was like. :(
Imo.

Since the body was found in the National Forest, the case COULD be prosecuted by the US Attorneys office, but it doesn't have to be. It could still be prosecuted by the Teton County Attorney's office. I am sure the county would prefer the Feds take it, but we will see. There are some questions about where the murder occurred vs just where the body was found.
Exactly. People keep overlooking the fact that we don't know if she was murdered where her body was found. People are also overlooking the fact that the federal govt and states have concurrent jurisdiction on certain federal properties. I usually associate that with federal buildings, national monuments or campuses within a state and not to national parks but I've heard it can exist in some areas in and around national parks. Are you (or anyone) familiar with the jurisdictional treatment of this particular camping area?

That would explain why some of the evidence markers looked to be by blood droplets. But those markers were scattered everywhere—initially why a lot of people thought they were bullet holes. I guess it’s possible he chased her. Just thinking out loud…I’m now wondering if some of those blood droplets (if that’s what they were) were from him as she tried to fight him off….
She may also have been inebriated or under influence of something. She may not have been able to fight back.

The Laundries only did the right thing - if the right thing was protecting themselves and BL. They did nothing right on behalf of the Petito family or Gabby.

As the saying goes, “the world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”
If BL is a cold, calculating murderer and capable of the manipulation we saw on the body cams, it's unreasonable for us not to consider his parents victims too. We can't say that GP protecting him from the Moab cops is OK but the parents (who only knew what he told them) protecting him isn't. He uses the same devices to manipulate all of them. Not only that but he's done a pretty good job of appearing to be weak and unsuspecting. JMO

I am not sure that is entirely correct?

I think that manual strangulation can be performed by any part of the body. Like if someone kneels on your neck and suffocates you. Or if someone has you in a rear choke hold and their forearm strangles you. Or if they manually tighten a ligature around your neck.

"He would not confirm if an item was used to kill her."
Gabby Petito: US blogger was strangled to death - coroner

I think it just means that a person wasn't hung and strangled that way, or in any accidental way.
Throttling is specifically hands, not knees or a stranglehold.

Imo they set up camp in the area she was found. Got into another argument. Possibly pushed each other against the spray painted areas. The sweatshirt tells me it was probably after sunset. He did what he did. Was in a hurry to leave. Maybe some of the camping gear snagged on the spray painted areas?

But then he would've stopped. With the time that it takes for strangulation, he had to have wanted her dead.

I’m not saying he didn’t want her dead, I’m just saying it didn’t have to be because he was angry with her at that moment. She didn’t need to be dumping him or ending it or even yelling at him in the middle of a fight for him to snap. I’m sure at some point he thought of stopping but then decided to continue so she couldn’t tell on him.

Yes, it is a bit disturbing that there is a one week window for Gabby's murder. I had hoped that entimology would be able to pin it down a bit more precisely.

I think we may safely deduce that she died between Aug 27-30. Probably closer to Aug 27.

Brian was on the road and using her bank card on Aug 30. Also Gabby's mom thought her Aug 27 text message was "odd" (as well as another text on Aug 30). So the restaruant sighting around midday Aug 27 was the last known live sighting. Then Aug 28 -29 witnesses confirm Brian hitchhiking.

Add in information that only the coroner and LE are privy to (autopsy details/investigation/entomology, phone data, bank card data, etc) and I would think they can further narrow down the time of death to a small range of hours.

I personally believe he killed her Aug 27, sometime after the midday restaurant fight, and prior to the Bethune dashcam video on Aug 27 just before sunset.

Last edited:
I would urge you all to check out/keep an eye on Laura Richard’s ([B said:
BSc, MSc, MBPsS; expert in psychology; formerly of New Scotland Yard + FBI) [/B]commentary about Gabby Petito and her fiancé (BL) re. her analysis of their relationship and speculation about coercive control. Richard's has worked hard and lobbied to get this law passed in the UK.
Coercive control and the law - Rights of Women

This quote is from Coldheat earlier in the thread.
I am so glad someone else knows Laura Richards' work!!!

Here is a link to the science-based definition .....

Manual strangulation involves compression of the neck by using either one or both hands or by exercising pressure with another part of the body such as the forearm or knee.
Strangulation - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

As referenced from the Encyclopedia of Forensic Sciences (Second Edition)
yep but they say throttling in the coroner report.

Read this presser on-line while out.........I took several deep breaths with "beverages".........I have said so many times "Little girl...be safe....call your Mom, Dad, Best friend to ground yourself , have a touch stone" when she sobbed so forlornly , anyone to remove her from Brian and know he isn't the only one in her life.......sigh.......this is pretty much how I thought it happened........I pray for her sweet soul and her loved ones. Brian will be found and all who need to be punished will be

Back in thread #59 I posted about her being strangled by him-

"ligature markings due to strangulation is my guess. Especially since he has used his hands on her face before. Would be easy to tell by just looking at her.

Poppyflower, Yesterday at 10:44 AMReport
#721"

The sad reason I assumed this is not because I'm super smart (lol) but because I have been reading here and following cases for nearly 8 years and this is predictable when there is already domestic violence in the relationship. It is heartbreaking to follow yet another case where a man has killed a woman. I hope in my lifetime I see authority figures/LE/judges take domestic violence more seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288