GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007 #2

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Woman, 3 Children Found Dead In SUV

WILL COUNTY, Ill. -- Illinois state police are investigating the shooting deaths of at least four people who were found inside a vehicle off Interstate 55 in Will County.

and

Three children and a woman were found in the vehicle, and an adult male was found with gunshot wounds. He has been taken to an area hospital.

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/13501965/detail.html

Will County jury deliberated for less than an hour this afternoon before convicting Christopher Vaughn of killing his wife and three children in the family’s SUV in 2007 in a bid to start a new life in the Canadian wilderness.

The jury of eight men and four women got the case about 3:30 p.m., after six hours of closing arguments without a break for lunch, and told the judge they had a verdict at about 4:15 p.m.

Christopher Vaughn guilty of killing wife, 3 children

It was a long 5 years. Finally justice comes for Kimberly and her children.

Thread #1

I wonder why so long for the sentencing... and iirc, isn't Nov 26th the date Drew Peterson is scheduled to be sentenced too? I've seen both Oct and Nov but the same date for DP's case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had never heard of this case until Dr. Phil featured the case the last few days. CV's parents, a podcaster, a PI, and Jason Flom from the Innocence Project contend that CV is innocent. They were all on the show. Curious what those who followed the case think.

Dr. Phil had 2 shows this week featuring this case. Guests included Christopher Vaughn’s parents. They believe in their son’s innocence and are casting shade at Kim. A private investigator and a podcaster are on the case and both say he was wrongfully convicted. Dr. Phil said he plans to interview Chris Vaughn in prison. I think it is shameful that his parents are intimating that Kim killed her own children.

I had never heard of this case until Dr. Phil featured the case the last few days. CV's parents, a podcaster, a PI, and Jason Flom from the Innocence Project contend that CV is innocent. They were all on the show. Curious what those who followed the case think.
Looks like we posted at the same time. I remember when this happened. My gut feeling was that he was guilty but I’d have to look at all the evidence again to refresh my memory.

Just based on what I learned from the show, I'd say he's guilty. The support he has does give me pause, but the whole amnesia thing doesn't ring true to me. He walked away from the scene, alive, everyone else in family dead. IDK

Looks like we posted at the same time. I remember when this happened. My gut feeling was that he was guilty but I’d have to look at all the evidence again to refresh my memory.

Just based on what I learned from the show, I'd say he's guilty. The support he has does give me pause, but the whole amnesia thing doesn't ring true to me. He walked away from the scene, alive, everyone else in family dead. IDK
I believe he is guilty and that his parents are in denial. Their were 2 adults in that SUV. 1 is dead and 1 is alive. If Kim wanted to kill everyone she would have killed him first. JMO

I had the same thought. Is it possible those supporting him don't necessarily think he is innocent, but are upset about what they think were mistakes by the investigators and prosecution? In other words, they're protesting the way the trial was run? That doesn't really make sense though...I'm just puzzled by the support of The Innocence Project, which I have great respect for. However, I did find that Jason Flom is actually a music producer...but he did help start The Innocence Project? I wonder if The Innocence Project as a whole is supporting this, or just him...I don't know how it works.

I believe he is guilty and that his parents are in denial. Their were 2 adults in that SUV. 1 is dead and 1 is alive. If Kim wanted to kill everyone she would have killed him first. JMO

I had the same thought. Is it possible those supporting him don't necessarily think he is innocent, but are upset about what they think were mistakes by the investigators and prosecution? In other words, they're protesting the way the trial was run? That doesn't really make sense though...I'm just puzzled by the support of The Innocence Project, which I have great respect for. However, I did find that Jason Flom is actually a music producer...but he did help start The Innocence Project? I wonder if The Innocence Project as a whole is supporting this, or just him...I don't know how it works.
Yes, I'm puzzled by the Innocence Project involvement also, as well as the podcaster who believes in his innocence. I'd have to read the trial transcripts to try to determine how all of these people are on the side of innocent. It's kind of like they don't want to out and out blame Kim, but yet think Chris is innocent.

Just hearing about this case from Dr. Phil as well. I'm trying to listen to the podcast but it's difficult with all the negativity they are putting on KV and her family and how they are portraying CV and themselves as walking on water. They are so judgemental and self-ritious. It's so hard to listen to. After all this time he writes a letter to them explaining how his blood is on the seat belt. Why didn't he bring this up during trial? They said he didn't have emotion when showing crime scene photos in court because his screen was blank and he wasn't seeing what the jurors saw. Wow!

Just hearing about this case from Dr. Phil as well. I'm trying to listen to the podcast but it's difficult with all the negativity they are putting on KV and her family and how they are portraying CV and themselves as walking on water. They are so judgemental and self-ritious. It's so hard to listen to. After all this time he writes a letter to them explaining how his blood is on the seat belt. Why didn't he bring this up during trial? They said he didn't have emotion when showing crime scene photos in court because his screen was blank and he wasn't seeing what the jurors saw. Wow!
I agree. I don’t even want to listen to it. I saw enough on the Dr. Phil show from his parents.

I'm part of a FB group about the podcast--we all think the podcaster drank some Koolaid to believe Vaughn and his parents that he is innocent! She talks about how looking at his eyes made her realize he might be innocent (what?!) It's such a one-sided podcast and not a good example of a well-researched podcast that could highlight an actual innocent person being found guilty. That is not the case here and the podcaster should have found another case to focus on if that is what she was trying to do.

I'm part of a FB group about the podcast--we all think the podcaster drank some Koolaid to believe Vaughn and his parents that he is innocent! She talks about how looking at his eyes made her realize he might be innocent (what?!) It's such a one-sided podcast and not a good example of a well-researched podcast that could highlight an actual innocent person being found guilty. That is not the case here and the podcaster should have found another case to focus on if that is what she was trying to do.
I agree. I don’t even want to listen to it. I wish Dr. Phil had not given any of them air time.

I agree. I don’t even want to listen to it. I wish Dr. Phil had not given any of them air time.
I listened to that podcast as well and couldn't believe how one-sided it was. They completely trashed Kim and put Chris on a pedestal. However, I then watched the Dr. Phil show and it was so odd how his parents were now speaking so kindly of Kim. One thing that drove me insane was the Dr. Phil show spoke of how dissociative amnesia is real but years later Chris admitted he lied about that being the case and that he actually did remember everything and was just lying to the cops to protect Kim. So, if he was lying to the cops and knew what happened why, during the interrogation, did he keep asking for Kim etc.? The podcast used that to prove he did have amnesia yet when Chris admitted it was a lie, the podcast never addressed it. I do have a question though...how did Chris explain the fact that he had 4 bullet holes in his jacket and did he have that jacket on during the incident?

His parents are on Dr Phil again---it must be a repeat...

I do feel sorry for them though...I cannot even imagine hearing that my son killed his family....

So he took out a MILLION dollar life insurance on his wife, a year earlier?

And he was spending a lot of time and money in strip joints in the months previous to the murders?

Sounds like Chris Watts to me....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back