Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I think I see what happened and why everyone is confused. "Crimes against the United States" means any federal crime. It doesn't just mean like, terrorism or insurrection. It's not a crime against Uncle Sam or the President. It's anything prohibited by law.

The unauthorized access case that has been filed against Brian is "United States v. Brian Laundrie." Making a bank sad by using someone else's bank card is a crime against the United States.

Murder is a federal crime. 18 U.S. Code § 1111 - Murder

Manslaughter is a federal crime. 18 U.S. Code § 1112 - Manslaughter

Murdering someone on federal land is a federal crime that will be prosecuted by the feds.

The FBI does not lead investigations in Florida on behalf of a Wyoming county attorney. They lead federal investigations into federal crimes.

And, if this is the case we go back to them being able to charge federal murder bc she was on federal land. Sounds like we are back to where we started, lol. MOO

I would imagine DNA would remain under the nails and that the FBI indeed has it IF it exists. That said and i'm trying to locate untouched pictures first shared with him back in FL but i'd imagine she struggled and he lost some skin in that process, enough that it's not relatable to them being a couple but pure murder.

Looks like in the pics i last saw he hand a zig zag pattern of marks on his right arm. Plus if you see his muscle outlines, he's not a weakling, no mention of any blunt force traumas so cant imagine that going down without a fight/struggle. I hope GP got DNA and something else maybe tore off or clutched that 100% connects him in multiple ways.

Judging from the bodycam footage, Gabby went for BLs face and arms so hopefully she did just that! Plus, she was wearing a sweater so maybe there will be some amount of DNA evidence on her clothing? (what kind of evidence I have no clue) I'm also hoping her Apple watch provides something like heart rate/pulse/step counter.

If LE can track where BL stopped for gas, they might be able to locate witnesses or surveillance footage that might reveal any injuries BL had while running back to FL.

Now, I think we cannot be as definite as we all want to be.

Many members have just pointed out open issues which may leave us back in "we still don't know yet" territory.

@AugustWest pointed out concurrent jurisdiction (which I would think they would kick it to the state) but @dacjess then reminded there are already outstanding federal charges (which I can't see them trying this case piecemeal if it ever gets to that point). So, not sure. Anyone have a thought on this?
MOO

I think that if the United States fails to bring murder charges, then the State of Wyoming will do so. But I don't know whether the United States will or won't do so. If that makes sense.

ETA: I meant to say I think it will be one or the other, not both

This thread is moving so fast today and I don't know if I can search for three letter words/acronyms. I could have sworn there was a post that indicated the FBI went to the Laundrie home today. This was much earlier today, soon after the press conference with the coroner wrapped up. Does anyone else recall that post?
I have also seen that somewhere.

It’s not that overstated. Grabbing someone’s face is not calming them down. I’d need to see some sort of fact to back up how that would calm anyone down. It makes her sound like his pet. I don’t think everyone always realizes how inherently misogynistic some statements are. Sounds like trying to muzzle an animal rather than a person being equal to BL and being allowed to choose whether or not she wants to continue to speak or yell or whatever else she wants to do. If BL didn’t like it, he can always choose to not continue a relationship. You can’t just physically grab someone to make them do what you want… that’s abuse.
JMO.
I found the full direct quote because at first I didn't believe what I was reading.
I hope DTBH is paraphrasing what someone told him. Just the way this is described... So glaringly misogynistic.
"I know that he calmed her down usually by grabbing her mouth like this because when you grab someone’s mouth like that you know she was verbal," Dog continued, grabbing his own face to demonstrate.​
Some domestic violence victims were killed with a gunshot to the mouth... Because that is where the "noise" comes from...

This thread is moving so fast today and I don't know if I can search for three letter words/acronyms. I could have sworn there was a post that indicated the FBI went to the Laundrie home today. This was much earlier today, soon after the press conference with the coroner wrapped up. Does anyone else recall that post?
Brian Entin NewsNation said it was NPPD and they went to the neighbors bc the neighbors received letters addressed to the Laundries. It was all very odd and very unclear. Not sure what happened but hoping he will have more info later. https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1448017816561623050

Today's news was welcome, because the trash has been taken out and the meat of the saga has become clearer. Now, the main thrust of energy is locating other witnesses and evidence...and locating Brian.
Wherever you go, keep a little snapshot inside your noggin and use it for reference should those droopy eyes and brows show up under a hat brim or over a beard in Publix or your local skateboard park.

I'm glad they have a clear picture of what happened. I'll be back when they find his femur in some random hiking swamp. Hopefully the FBI Denver gives a full report on what happened and there's an independent investigation into how NPPD lost him. But I think he's dead. I hope I'm wrong but I think he's dead.

If someone is going to watch this, could you please post it when it goes live? Not sure I can see it even then but maybe. thanks jmo
He typically always posts his segments to his feed after he finishes so you should be able to see it on his feed if you cannot see News Nation on TV or online. MOO

Is there a way for them to tell how long the dna has been under the nails?

Not a perfectly reliable way. Presuming that Gabby occasionally showered or washed her hands, that would be one factor. But, analysis should be able to tell whether the DNA (if Brian's) was his skin cells and whether it was from scratching that drew blood.

Nails can survive well into the third week of decomp. Fourth or fifth week, even longer.

I'm glad they have a clear picture of what happened. I'll be back when they find his femur in some random hiking swamp. Hopefully the FBI Denver gives a full report on what happened and there's an independent investigation into how NPPD lost him. But I think he's dead. I hope I'm wrong but I think he's dead.

It’s hard to believe otherwise but I think he’s still alive.

He’s too much of a coward to off himself.

MOO

Yup. But he's got to soften up a jury pool, and as we all know, lies and propaganda work, sadly. jmo
That's why I really want the press to start calling him out. I am thinking they are not bc they don't want him to stop texting them. On a brighter note, I think he boxes himself in. Soon he won't be able to keep track of what he said or when. (Good!) MOO

(Well, on second thought perhaps he will have a record since he is putting it all in writing. But, does he realize, we'll have that record too?)

I figured he was dead if he was in the reserve, but now I think he may never have been there, which means he could have had help and is alive. jmo

If they did, I'd count that as the only example of good judgement we've seen from them. Polygraphs are garbage and shouldn't be in use.
I agree, polygraph results aren't admitted in court anyway, right?
But simply offering a polygraph is an investigative tactic used to see how the person responds.

I was of that mind too initially. Horrified that they didn’t let Gabby’s family know that BL and van were in Fl. But now with all this info released, it wouldn’t have made much difference. They had no good news to report. You think her family would have felt better if they knew earlier and said , “oh, appears our son strangled her and left her in the Tetons”? No, it would not.

This was a no win situation. That Gabby is dead is the tragedy snd the pain to her family.

Right now, getting BL into custody is what’s important. See what the case is against him snd proceed

I’m still horrified. Do I think Gabby’s family would have felt better with the truth? No. Not better. There is no feeling better when your daughter has been murdered. But there can be truth. And justice. And eventually closure. So, yes, it makes a difference.

I agree this is a no-win situation. But to tragedy - I myself used the word tragedy in the last thread. Then the attorney used the word, and I knew immediately that I would like to take my words back and restate: Gabby was murdered in an act of domestic violence with the most tragic possible outcome.

The way we talk about domestic violence matters. “Tragedy” is a word that hides the nature of what happened. Gabby’s death was not a sad, unavoidable accident. It was a crime - homicide.

I agree, get BL into custody, if he is still alive.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads