SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

worm

Reaction score
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts have been removed or edited. Since then, I’ve spoken with Tricia and we are making some changes on the fly.

Although LE has not officially named Alex Murdaugh as a POI, common sense tells us they would be remiss if they were not strongly considering him. Even MM and AM's own law firm saw fit to investigate him so we are opening up sleuthing of him unless LE officially announces that he is NOT a POI.

We trust Nancy G / Crimeonline for vetting their sources appropriately, so we are temporarily allowing both FITSNews and Mandy Mattney as approved sources in this discussion. As with any source, when we temporarily approve them, their status is subject to our monitoring the type of coverage (i.e. they don’t get too biased or rumor laden, etc), and that decision is subject to change at a later date.

PS: No absolute trashing of AM or direct accusations.

BBM
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Everytime a new page begins and I see this I laugh a little.
My, how things escalated.

Goodness these threads move quickly. I am quite sure someone has already posted this from only this morning, but may I?

from this article... Murdaugh murders: SC mom of slain teen speaks out, as alleged hit man claims no knowledge of suicide plot

It reads, "The Smith family previously told police that Alex Murdaugh’s brother, a partner at PMPED law firm, which was founded by their great-grandfather, had reached out after Smith’s death and offered to represent the family for free – but they had declined, the New York Times reported."

#collusion
#systematic fraud perhaps
#good 'ol boys' network

Terribly disturbing to know that in this day and age such family dynasties can exist and act like members of an aristocracy (despite my love for Charles II). Humph!

@CodyAlcorn
We also touch on Alex’s opioid addiction. And the fact, this isn’t his first stint in rehab according Jim Griffin.
We talk about homicides of Maggie & Paul. @ 11 Jim’s conv. w/ Alex hours b4 he tried to fake own homicide. Plus, Jim explains why he’s yet to receive Alex’s hospital records.

“It seems clear to me this investigation is about money, corruption, fraud and embezzlement,” an attorney representing a client recently interviewed by the agency told me this week. “It is your classic ‘follow the money’ investigation.”
Murdaugh Murders Saga: SLED Is ‘Following The Money’

Also from the article:

"Assuming a high-end street value of $80 per pill, this amount of cash would have purchased a staggering 125,000 pills – enough oxycontin to keep even the hardest core addict supplied for 114 years, I noted.

In other words, if Murdaugh – who remains at the epicenter of the still-unspooling ‘Murdaugh Murders’ true crime saga – actually stole that much money from his erstwhile law partners, it is doubtful he spent all of it (or even most of it) on drugs.

This “$10 million opioid addiction” theory – advanced by attorney Dick Harpootlian – is one of many demonstrably false narratives put forward by Murdaugh’s counselors as they invoke a deceptive, discombobulated defense strategy on behalf of their client, whose family and law firm are currently embroiled in no fewer than six state-level criminal inquiries."

Shocking (says no one).

Also interesting: (especially the BBM)

"In this case, however, there is a corollary: SLED is also apparently “following the property” – specifically a maze of transactions tied to Murdaugh and his former law partners could be linked to … well … other activity.

This news outlet touched on a few Murdaugh-related properties in an extensive exclusive last month. That report connected Alex Murdaugh to a recently deceased commercial fisherman who allegedly doubled as one of the South Carolina Lowcountry’s most prolific drug smugglers.

Since then, our researchers have uncovered numerous additional property records linking Murdaugh and the alleged smuggler – Barrett T. Boulware. Additionally, our researchers have uncovered property records linking Boulware to at least one other partner in the prestigious Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED) law firm."

And one more from the excellent article:

"So with everyone hot on this particular trail … where is the money?

>snip<

One prominent theory holds that the Murdaugh family has hundreds of thousands – if not millions – of dollars hidden in PVC tubes buried across its extensive property holdings. One local folk tale involves a group of young Hampton county boys who allegedly recovered a PVC tube full of cash while fishing near one of the family’s properties. Understanding the money belonged to the Murdaugh family, the boys returned it – and ostensibly received a reward from Alex Murdaugh for their honesty and discretion."

:eek::eek::eek:

"In this case, however, there is a corollary: SLED is also apparently “following the property” – specifically a maze of transactions tied to Murdaugh and his former law partners could be linked to … well … other activity.

This news outlet touched on a few Murdaugh-related properties in an extensive exclusive last month. That report connected Alex Murdaugh to a recently deceased commercial fisherman who allegedly doubled as one of the South Carolina Lowcountry’s most prolific drug smugglers.

Since then, our researchers have uncovered numerous additional property records linking Murdaugh and the alleged smuggler – Barrett T. Boulware. Additionally, our researchers have uncovered property records linking Boulware to at least one other partner in the prestigious Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED) law firm."

I have wondered if this is where CS fits in, with his trucking.

After reading the Boulware story a few days back my first thought was “the island”. The Murdaugh trust 2.

Jmo

Moreover, the Landowners asserted in many affidavits that they have used the Property for recreational and hunting purposes for the past forty years.   Landowner Murdaugh asserted that the Georgia Department of Transportation (the “GDOT”) gave him a key to the gate surrounding the Island in the early 1970s, and Landowner Eltzroth asserted that the GDOT gave him a key in 1985.   The Government has not contested the truth of the Landowners' affidavits.   Furthermore, the GDOT letter that accompanied Eltzroth's key stated in part:

FindLaw's United States Fourth Circuit case and opinions.

Hey @MandyMatney, surely your "sources" have confirmed that medical records establish that Alex Murdaugh was shot in the head. If not, I will wager you a bottle of Daufuskie Island Rum. What do you say?

— Jim Griffin (@lawyergriffin) October 6, 2021

Remember this ?

SCMurdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh’s Attorney Admits His Client Is A Person Of Interest

Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh’s Attorney Admits His Client Is A Person Of Interest

In response to Griffin’s odd bet, I asked him to show proof of these supposed medical records.

If you have the medical records, why don’t you send them to [email protected] ?

Hospital pictures would be good too (from the correct hospital, not the one you sent reporters to).

Also your wager shows your confidence level ? https://t.co/abNduztZr3

— Mandy Matney (@MandyMatney) October 6, 2021

Got em. So does your source. They will be released at the appropriate time in the appropriate manner. I'm in for Pappy. You name it

— Jim Griffin (@lawyergriffin) October 6, 2021

Are you following?

In a public forum, Griffin taunted a journalist and bet a bottle of rum on medical records that he did not have and then admitted to another journalist of not having those records just days later.

He said they’ve had trouble getting his client’s medical records from Memorial Health Hospital in Savannah, Georgia. He claimed that HIPPA was holding them up and said something about a “signature that did not match.”

Hmm….

Griffin claimed his client has completed his first stage of rehab and is now in a “long-term facility” outside of South Carolina.

And one more from the excellent article:

"So with everyone hot on this particular trail … where is the money?

>snip<

One prominent theory holds that the Murdaugh family has hundreds of thousands – if not millions – of dollars hidden in PVC tubes buried across its extensive property holdings. One local folk tale involves a group of young Hampton county boys who allegedly recovered a PVC tube full of cash while fishing near one of the family’s properties. Understanding the money belonged to the Murdaugh family, the boys returned it – and ostensibly received a reward from Alex Murdaugh for their honesty and discretion."

:eek::eek::eek:

Thanks, Swede, for posting much of the info in the article.... I can't even get the Fits articles in incognito windows now... so helpful, since they really do "get the goods".

Besides the story line of so many unexplained deaths, I feel the unravelling of decades of shared corruption is a wonderful story unto itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff