Found Deceased SC - Sheridan Wahl, 21, Myrtle Beach, 19 Sep 2021

In regards to her instagram. Her photo was uploaded on sept 17 but her comment with the 911 hashtags was written by her afterwards around that day she went missing
You can see here by the dates in fact her friends responded “are you ok?” “Your mom is looking for you” right after
This makes me believe she was sending an sos using Instagram saying she was in danger her car was stolen and she needed help.

Not sure if I'm missing something but the earliest comments from worried friends/followers that I can see are from Sept. 21st. So two days after she went missing.

[edit: fixed spelling error]

Some very interesting insight from her memorial. Her friend sings a song by Bruno Mars called "Talking to the Moon" which she said she sent her right before she passed away and asked her what she thought of the lyrics and their meaning. If you look them up there are lines about neighbors thinking you're crazy, people thinking you've gone mad but the gist of it is about having lost someone (whether death or breakup) who was all they ever had and talking to the moon at night hoping they are on the other side of the moon talking back. Then after about 30mins her mother speaks and says some interesting things as well. Said that Sheridan lived with her for the last nine months and it has been amazing but she knew it wouldn't last long because she would be gone/moved out. She also said that the day before she passed away she recorded her very first song/single in a recording studio and was so excited that she was "flying high". She was flourishing in her career with music according to her Mom and things were moving very fast. They played the song for everyone attending, so sad. I just don't know what to think about all this still.

she did a cover to that Bruno Mars song on her Instagram page. So it’s a song that she’s been familiar with for some time, and possibly meaningful in some way.

Thinking about her apparently recording her first single, “flying high” as her mom put it has me pondering about her mental health. I had posted on this thread earlier on and felt that she wasn’t undergoing a mental health crisis based on watching her recent Instagram videos and posts. But, some of those things are potentially consistent with someone experiencing mania. we don’t really have context so I can’t say for sure, but if she was exhibiting other signs like grandiose perceptions of self, hyper focus, some break from reality it would tell a lot. Some of this can come out coinciding with some increased productivity and trying to become a known and successful musician can be part of that manic state. Just some thoughts.

I feel so bad for this young woman, and I hope the family can get some closure in knowing what really happened.

Student, 21, found dead HUNDREDS of miles from home after disappearance

“The young woman's cause of death has not been determined.

Sheridan's roommate, Elizabeth Echenique, said she had a "heart of gold".

In a **** set up to raise funds for Sheridan's memorial and funeral, Elizabeth said: "She was an amazing musician and many times would sit down to make music for fun and relaxation alone and with friends.

"She loved fashion and was very healthy. She was spontaneous and knew how to make you laugh.

"A person with a pure heart of gold, always trying to make her friends and family feel loved and accepted.”

‘Loving person’: Sheridan Wahl’s roommate reflects on friend’s life, impact she made

What happened to Sheridan?

A quick Google search reveals several recording studios in Myrtle Beach. Could that be the real reason for this unexplained trip? This could open up new lines of inquiry. Although I don't know why she couldn't use a studio closer to Tampa.

Nevertheless, the timeline only works if she was kidnapped or diverted while on her way back to Tampa. It's possible she was kidnapped by someone who just happened to be going that way, but that would be a big coincidence.

Your comment about recording studios just gave me the thought that it’s also possible she was lured to MB by some nefarious person promising her a music career. More than once I’ve read news stories from MB about predators luring young girls, especially those on J-1 visas, with the promise of modeling careers so I don’t think the possibility of something like that happening to her is too far-fetched.

In regards to her instagram. Her photo was uploaded on sept 17 but her comment with the 911 hashtags was written by her afterwards around that day she went missing
You can see here by the dates in fact her friends responded “are you ok?” “Your mom is looking for you” right after
This makes me believe she was sending an sos using Instagram saying she was in danger her car was stolen and she needed help.
Why make instagram hashtags instead of calling 911? How would her friends know where to send help? This case is so confusing.

Your comment about recording studios just gave me the thought that it’s also possible she was lured to MB by some nefarious person promising her a music career. More than once I’ve read news stories from MB about predators luring young girls, especially those on J-1 visas, with the promise of modeling careers so I don’t think the possibility of something like that happening to her is too far-fetched.
Right, thats why I said in an earlier post that her mother said she was at a recording studio the day before she passed. She actually professionally recorded her first song/single. That is very interesting to know bc who was she with, where was the studio, did she have that planned or meet someone there?

Why make instagram hashtags instead of calling 911? How would her friends know where to send help? This case is so confusing.

I was pondering this last night. The hashtag the9 isn’t it a dorm area in fl? That’s what pops up as I check that out. Now this is jmo and pure speculation, could she have been inconspicuously witnessing a carjacking over there and whoever was doing it caught her watching and didn’t want her going to authorities so they tailed her, or they seen that on ig with that post. I know that sounds really far out but it’s a possibility. It’s sad that there isn’t much on shers case, like at all and everything about it is so suspicious.
And to throw my 2 cents in about no shoes, some people walk around barefoot! My uncle lives in key west and wears sandals or barefoot but usually if barefoot will bring a pair of sandals with if going into stores. Heck she could have been wearing those thong sandals and they broke so she went without. Countless times have I had to walk around barefoot cuz those darn things broke. That aside, the whole situation is really sad and I send my condolences to her family and friends, beautiful girl with a beautiful voice. Hopefully there will be answers.

And the silence.
Right!! Two weeks on and nothing new released. Cause of death? Manner of death? Filling in timeline? POI? Nothing. Just silence.

Regarding current social attitudes to Gabby case diverting attention from other missing/murder cases...well, it's hard to get grab society's attention when there is no information released and LE seems unusually silent. LE may have good reasons but this is also causing waning publicity and interest.

I’m a millennial, so not that young, not Sheridan’s age, but I don’t think her hashtags had a hidden message. I think she was experiencing a mental health episode, possibly drug-induced, who knows at her age. I think this lead to her demise in some way, but without more info, I can’t say exactly how. I think the Instagram post is evidence of her state of mind and nothing more.

What happened to a previous comment someone posted about her walking??

Has there been car accidents similar to how her car was found? Like could messed up breaks cause something like that to happen? I am in no way shape or form a car expert, I won’t even drive, so this is an honest question. If it was something to do with a car accident I’m sure she was in shock (hence why I refuse to drive, car accidents are scary) and probably had some injuries or head trauma, maybe concussion and couldn’t call or text cuz no phone (might’ve burned in car or didn’t have it on her at that point of LE didn’t find it with her, so tried to make it to nearest safe place she thought someone would be. MOO. An accident can make sense too. But answers would be nice so least her family can make sense of what happened.

What happened to a previous comment someone posted about her walking??

Has there been car accidents similar to how her car was found? Like could messed up breaks cause something like that to happen? I am in no way shape or form a car expert, I won’t even drive, so this is an honest question. If it was something to do with a car accident I’m sure she was in shock (hence why I refuse to drive, car accidents are scary) and probably had some injuries or head trauma, maybe concussion and couldn’t call or text cuz no phone (might’ve burned in car or didn’t have it on her at that point of LE didn’t find it with her, so tried to make it to nearest safe place she thought someone would be. MOO. An accident can make sense too. But answers would be nice so least her family can make sense of what happened.

Excellent observation, PezCandy. It is entirely plausible that SW had a single-car accident, no foul play involved. Her Toyota traveled 1500 feet deep into the cornfield (I'm guessing Hwy 378 was probably not even visible from that position - cornstalks grow 6 to 12 feet high. EXHIBIT A below is particularly pertinent to a single-car accident theory.

We do not know:
1) where she died
2) when she died
3) how she died
4) her injuries
5) her mental / physical condition before she died.

One thing we do know is that her body was found 10 miles from her crashed, burned out car. I did a little googling into 'cornfields + car accidents' and surprisingly, they are not at all uncommon.

Is it possible SW, for whatever reason(s), did have a car accident, ended up deep inside a cornfield, was injured and walked / crawled away before the car caught fire? Absolutely. [Although that does not explain the missing license plate ...]

Is it possible for an injured person to walk 10 miles? Depending on the injury / severity, absolutely.

A leisurely walking pace for most humans is, I believe, about 3 mph. I'm guessing a 10 mile walk across generally flat, unobstructed ground conditions under ideal weather might take a healthy, uninjured person maybe 4-6 hours (including breaks). However, if SW was injured in the accident, it would have taken her much longer. She may have had a head injury, internal injuries that did not immediately manifest themselves - youth, at a minimum, was on her side. (IIRC, The 911 caller who found her did not notice any immediately obvious, traumatic injuries / wounds.) A head injury* may have caused her severe confusion, disorientation and perhaps even fatal decision making. Heck, she may not have even remembered the accident or anything leading up to it.

With no direction or bearings to guide her, she would have had to cross broad swaths of open fields, woods, with who knows what obstacles / perils in her path, including nighttime dangers if she took very frequent rest breaks because of pain / exhaustion. In a word - she very likely would have been LOST.

Lack of food, water plus daytime heat** + SC humidity would have increased the chances of her death. If her purse / phone were lost in the car accident / fire, she would have had no way to call for help. Perhaps she gravitated towards the FD tower because it was (eventually) more visible than anything else. Certainly possible that, by the time she arrived at the tower, she just gave out because of the severity of her injuries + lack of water / food.

Could it have taken up to ~42 hours to get from her car (Sept 19 2pm) to the FD tower (Sept 21 8:35am)? Under the above scenario, absolutely. JMO

EXHIBIT A
Illinois man crawls through cornfield all night to flee massive car wreck
... The victim said he had driven past a dead end and went airborne. He eventually struck a tree before coming to a stop deep inside the cornfield. "All he said was he had been out there all night and that he couldn't stand and that he had crawled through the cornfield up into our driveway," ...

Exhibit B
Sanborn man hurt in crash into cornfield
[elderly driver injured]
... The vehicle then proceeded south through the cornfield, then turned west and continued for about one-half mile [2680 feet] through the corn. ...

Exhibit C
Sheriff: Mayo 1 spots vehicle in cornfield, deceased person later found inside
[27 year old driver died]
... Authorities said the vehicle traveled around 200 yards north on a field entrance, 50 yards east, and three-quarters of a mile [3960 feet] through a bean field into a cornfield. ...

* Head injury - Wikipedia

** Daytime temps in Scranton / Pamplico area between Sept 19-21 were mid to high 80's.
Scranton, SC Monthly Weather Forecast - weather.com
Pamplico, SC Monthly Weather Forecast - weather.com

Last edited:
Possible theory but why carjack SW's vehicle just to remove the plates and torch it one hour later, not to mention taking valuable escape time to place her body behind the FD tower? Then he'd need another car! Carjacker could have just initially dragged her out of her car and driven off OR stopped down the road and pushed her out of the car and taken off.
I imagine the car was torched to make it more difficult to identify her and to destroy any DNA besides hers in the vehicle. And I don't think it was carjacked.

Someone help me out here. Everyone is saying it was 10 miles from where the car was found to where the body was found but my map tells me that the distance from Keith Lane to the Hannah-Salem fire station is less than 3 miles. It also seems to be in the other side of a thickly wooded area and across a river that I cannot imagine anyone easily traversing by any means other than the highway and the highway bridge.

Smaugchad_20211013_093439.jpg

Someone help me out here. Everyone is saying it was 10 miles from where the car was found to where the body was found but my map tells me that the distance from Keith Lane to the Hannah-Salem fire station is less than 3 miles. It also seems to be in the other side of a thickly wooded area and across a river that I cannot imagine anyone easily traversing by any means other than the highway and the highway bridge.

View attachment 317189
I'm not too familiar with the maps, but I think you must be looking at the wrong fire station. I believe I found the correct one on a map the other day. It is right on hwy 378 on the south side of the road. I believe the approx 10 miles east from keith drive is correct.

View attachment 317189

Google says it's 9.8 miles from HSF FD Station 1 to Keith Ln.

Google Maps

If she were in a car accident where the car hit so hard that it erupted in flames, the likelihood that that would have been obvious in her autopsy findings (and directly contributed to her cause of death) is pretty high. Indeed, there would have been obvious signs of trauma, to which the autopsy findings did not note.

Also, a car erupting in flames due to an accident is extremely rare nowadays and conditions have to be near perfect for it to occur. It isn't like the movies. Add to this the license plate being missing and the VIN obscured (the VIN is in multiple places on the car), and it suggests foul play more than an accident.

JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back