Found Deceased NC - Laporscha Baldwin, 30, car found on I-85, Gastonia, 10 Oct 2021 *ex-bf arrested*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
* MISSING PERSON **

Detectives from the Gastonia Police Department are asking the public for help in locating a missing 30-year-old Gastonia woman.

Laporscha Chantal Baldwin last spoke with family members at approximately 2 p.m. on Sunday, October 10. Family has been unable to contact her since that time.

Ms. Baldwin’s vehicle was located abandoned southbound on I-85 between Sam Wilson Road and Belmont.

Detectives believe that Ms. Baldwin may have had recent contact with her ex-boyfriend, Charles Combs, age 35, of Charlotte. Investigators have been working to speak with Mr. Combs but have been unsuccessful in locating him.

Baldwin is approximately 5’ 2” tall and approximately 190 pounds. She has brown eyes and dark hair. Ms. Baldwin was last seen wearing a rose-colored blouse, blue jeans, and grey shoes.

Police and family are concerned for Baldwin’s welfare.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Laporscha Chantal Baldwin is asked to call 9-1-1 or detectives at 704-866-6702. Callers may remain anonymous.

245481008_235564318613542_6700185963598098214_n.jpg

Missing Gastonia woman’s car found abandoned on I-85, police want to speak with ex-boyfriend

Gastonia woman disappears under strange circumstances

Laporscha "Porscha" Chantal Baldwin, 30, failed to show up for work delivering packages for Amazon Sunday afternoon after attending morning church services with her family in Gastonia.

Police found Baldwin's Toyota Corolla abandoned Tuesday on I-85 South between Belmont and Sam Wilson Road in Mecklenburg County with no trace of the young mother.

Phone records indicate Baldwin had contact with her former boyfriend, 35-year-old Charles Combs of Charlotte on Sunday, Goodale said.

A Mecklenburg County court found Combs guilty of second-degree murder in the 2004 death of his live-in girlfriend, according to court records. Combs, who was 18 at the time, was released from prison in November 2015.

Baldwin and Combs at one time lived together in Charlotte, but broke up within the last few weeks, said her mother. Police do not know if Combs and Baldwin had issues in their relationship, but have reached out to talk to him without success, Goodale said.

"He knows police want to talk to him," Goodale said.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article254958947.html

Laporscha Chantal Baldwin, 30, last spoke with family members at 2 p.m. Sunday.

Her vehicle was found abandoned on southbound Interstate 85 between Sam Wilson Road in Charlotte and Belmont.

Baldwin’s former boyfriend, CC of Charlotte, is believed to be her most recent contact, police said. Efforts to speak with or locate Combs, 35, have been unsuccessful, police said.

Do we know anything about the condition of the car? Or what, if anything was found in it? Is her purse or cell phone there or missing?

Ugh, looks like she was pregnant and had a baby in the last year or so from her facebook. I don't see mention of a child.

This is not good!

A Mecklenburg County court found Combs guilty of second-degree murder in the 2004 death of his live-in girlfriend, according to court records. Combs, who was 18 at the time, was released from prison in November 2015.

Last edited:

Laporscha "Porscha" Chantal Baldwin, 30, failed to show up for work delivering packages for Amazon Sunday afternoon after attending morning church services with her family in Gastonia.

Police found Baldwin's Toyota Corolla abandoned Tuesday on I-85 South between Belmont and Sam Wilson Road in Mecklenburg County with no trace of the young mother.

Phone records indicate Baldwin had contact with her former boyfriend, 35-year-old Charles Combs of Charlotte on Sunday, Goodale said.

Baldwin and Combs at one time lived together in Charlotte, but broke up within the last few weeks, said her mother. Police do not know if Combs and Baldwin had issues in their relationship, but have reached out to talk to him without success, Goodale said.

BBM

Sadly, Miss Baldwin has probably met the same fate. I hate to see this. I wish some men would just grow a set and move on, instead of letting their wounded pride guide them in to making the WORST decisions. Too many lives are lost over things that, given a little time, they would have moved on from.

EDIT: Not just men. Women be acting cray too. Jodi Arias anyone? Don't want to look like I'm pointing fingers at one gender.

Last edited:
--Last spoke with family appx 2pm on Sunday 10/I0

--She didn't show up for work on Sunday afternoon

-- Her car was found abandoned on TUESDAY, on a pretty major highway.

It seems like something went wrong during a very short period of time on Sunday.
Leaving the car on 85 is... Very strange? Why would someone leave or dump it in a high traffic area and then where did they go? That location sort of lends itself to car troubles, but Sunday's events are suspicious and her absence from work and leaving her daughter behind don't support car problems.

Is there ANY good reason why they would NOT be declaring the ex a POI?

They basically have without the using that term. They have said that they want to talk to him, can't get in touch with him.. and importantly, have specified that while yes, he has the criminal history and yes, he was was the boyfriend and there is a recent breakup, they want to talk to him because they believe he was the last person to speak with her and they hope he can shed light on how she was in that last conversation.

I guess for WS purposes, it matters because we need those three words to sleuth.

Last edited:

There is a lot of info in this article WORTH THE READ
Baldwin lives with her daughter and her mother in a mill home on the 800 block of Overhill Street, located off Garrison Boulevard in west Gastonia.

On Sunday morning, the three of them attended service at First Antioch Church, just a block west on Floyd Lane.

After services, Priscilla Baldwin told her daughter to "be safe," while Porscha Baldwin gave her daughter a treat and exchanged "I love yous" and goodbye kisses. Porscha Baldwin was supposed to arrive at an Amazon office in Huntersville by 3 p.m. to deliver packages as part of her part-time job.

They basically have without the using that term. They have said that they want to talk to him, can't get in touch with him.. and importantly, have specified that while yes, he has the criminal history and yes, he was was the boyfriend and there is a recent breakup, they want to talk to him because they believe he was the last person to speak with her and they hope he can shed light on how she was in that last conversation.

I guess for WS purposes, it matters because need those three words to sleuth.

Exactly -- trying to understand....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back