Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read this before...

When KSL’s Chopper 5 flew over the crime scene that day, a photographer spotted the remains above ground, but covered, possibly by a blanket.

Hiking shoes were on the ground next to the body.

LINK
Wyoming coroner: Gabby Petito's cause of death was strangulation
It is important to remember that we don't know if she was covered by LE before the photog spotted her and we have no information about the placement of the hiking boots. The video is not released by KSL and this information is not in any other news sources as I'm guessing KSL was the only chopper to spot before scene was tented

Well, one thing he cannot change is that tooth of his on his upper left. No hair or beard growing, nor color change, is going to change that tooth. Well, unless he wears a mask at all times since that'll hide it. I somehow don't think he's going to think of his tooth giving him away in regards to his looks. He's probably thinking more about head and facial hair.

It seems like it's not lined up with the other teeth and more inward, leaving a bit of a gap. Plus, it's longer than the other teeth. Also the way his mouth moves when you're looking at that tooth. I can't explain that part. lol I tried capturing some images the best I could from the second body cam video. They start ~:24 seconds in.

Source: In second bodycam video, Gabby Petito tells police she hit Brian Laundrie before he hit her

Attachments

• BL-tooth3.jpg
    BL-tooth3.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 242
  • BL-tooth2.jpg
    BL-tooth2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 254
  • BL-tooth1.jpg
    BL-tooth1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 227
I haven't read this before...

When KSL’s Chopper 5 flew over the crime scene that day, a photographer spotted the remains above ground, but covered, possibly by a blanket.

Hiking shoes were on the ground next to the body.

LINK
Wyoming coroner: Gabby Petito's cause of death was strangulation
That article states "While KSL has elected not to make that particular part of the video public, we did show it to someone who had worked numerous homicides."

So, to those that don't think they are seeing her body in the Chopper video, you are probably correct.

I'm carrying this over from the previous thread in the hope someone might be able to provide an insight (I know it's not easy to always reply when we've moved to a new thread). TIA

. . . . . .

I wonder if anyone can advise on a question I've had circling in my head..

Will the fact that GB and BL were a couple - and traveling together in a confined space - have any bearing on the validity of DNA evidence (as far as it being incriminating)?

For example, would a Defence Attorney just say,

"Well, of course Brian's DNA was on her body/clothing etc - they were boyfriend and girlfriend!"

Is it going to be difficult for the prosecution to prove that evidence of DNA is over and above any that would be found 'natually' due to the fact they were a couple? How would they differentiate?

^^ This is assuming BL is captured and it goes to trial

MOO

Since you asked ... the chopper news footage cut out swiftly right before she can be seen.

But the black tarp is covering her , and part of a red shirt can be seen in the second time stamp.

It was inconclusive to me but that's fine --it's bad enough the poi who may have ended her life didn't show the decency and respect to bury her !

Sorry about the graininess of the video, but the news crew were taking a brief flyover and it has been edited, thankfully.
It's enough to show the utter disregard.
I think the prosecutor will have a strong case !

Post # 628 in thread # 63.
Second video at the 0:07 , and the 1:06 -1:09 timestamps.

Gabby Petito → EXCLUSIVE: News Chopper Footage From When Gabby Was 1st Found→KSL5 TV Salt Lake City - YouTube

She wasn't covered her very well, but left in the elements. :(

Someone said the black blanket may be the tarp that was on top of the van folded up in the drone video ?
I'm not sure so will have to go and check.
Hth.
Imo.
I’m not sure what I’m seeing. Where is she in relation to the tent?

I haven't seen the video that shows GP's body (and I'd really rather not), but I'd like to know more about the orange blanket? Was it covering her completely, including her face? Was she wrapped in it? How nearby were the boots?

Edit: I watched it, but I'm not convinced that's her...idk

My understanding is that the network that the footage originally came from removed the part that showed the body from the video that is available now. I think this was even mentioned in the articles that were posted earlier today featuring comments from an FBI agent or someone who was shown the actual footage. I doubt the unedited footage is available on YouTube. As far as I know it was originally from a Facebook Livestream.

Then again, I don't want to see it so I'm not going to watch what's available.

MOO

I haven't seen the video that shows GP's body (and I'd really rather not), but I'd like to know more about the orange blanket? Was it covering her completely, including her face? Was she wrapped in it? How nearby were the boots?

Edit: I watched it, but I'm not convinced that's her...idk
I don't know for sure.
Just passing along the video since someone asked.

I didn't see any boots in the footage ?
My heart goes out to the people tasked with processing the scene.
A job I could never do.
Watching the grainy chopper footage is a far cry from having to gather evidence.
But someone has to do it.
Justice for Gabby !
MOO.

Me either. And I don't see the ring of stones for the campfire. But, the angle is bad with the trees, and the resolution could stand some improvement.
That's because that video doesn't seem to show the actual site. There are more trees around in the actual site from my understanding. It can possibly be seen in other aerial footage of that day where LE had a large tent over the scene, not the canopy in this video.

I still can't see a body on any of the videos I've seen by the helicopters that were flying over where she was found.

I must be looking in the wrong spot on the video. Then again, I'm kinda glad I can't see :(

Me too and I’m ok with that. I wondered if the video would have given any other clues in regards to if she was covered (with what; trees, blanket, etc.) or buried (hastily, partially, etc).

The FBI is the agency best equipped to bring her justice (if that’s possible) and knows all the details. Reminding myself that’s what matters.

Well, one thing he cannot change is that tooth of his on his upper left. No hair or beard growing, nor color change, is going to change that tooth. Well, unless he wears a mask at all times since that'll hide it. I somehow don't think he's going to think of his tooth giving him away in regards to his looks. He's probably thinking more about head and facial hair.

It seems like it's not lined up with the other teeth and more inward, leaving a bit of a gap. Plus, it's longer than the other teeth. Also the way his mouth moves when you're looking at that tooth. I can't explain that part. lol I tried capturing some images the best I could from the second body cam video. They start ~:24 seconds in.

Source: In second bodycam video, Gabby Petito tells police she hit Brian Laundrie before he hit her
Gabby was so pretty, had the world at her feet! What did she ever see in this guy? Did she think she could fix his oddness? God bless her!

Thanks for the pics. !

If he gains some weight whilst in hiding (if he is ?), he could look quite different ?

I'm carrying this over from the previous thread in the hope someone might be able to provide an insight (I know it's not easy to always reply when we've moved to a new thread). TIA

. . . . . .

I wonder if anyone can advise on a question I've had circling in my head..

Will the fact that GB and BL were a couple - and traveling together in a confined space - have any bearing on the validity of DNA evidence (as far as it being incriminating)?

For example, would a Defence Attorney just say,

"Well, of course Brian's DNA was on her body/clothing etc - they were boyfriend and girlfriend!"

Is it going to be difficult for the prosecution to prove that evidence of DNA is over and above any that would be found 'natually' due to the fact they were a couple? How would they differentiate?

^^ This is assuming BL is captured and it goes to trial

MOO
I'm not sure that they need DNA evidence of Brian because the circumstantial evidence will be overwhelming. Probably just need DNA initially to prove it's Gabby. If he moved her boots(if they were there) there might be his DNA on them, but that wouldn't prove much, since they lived together. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member