Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click it or ticket in Colorado.
BM didn't appear to have been a fan of seatbelts in Indiana....still owes Indiana a seatbelt infraction fine.
Better buckle up on your 14 mile daily round trips to PS. Barney Fife might be watching.

What straw will break the camel's back?

MOO

Justice for Suzanne!

Like a Cafeteria?
https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV/status/1448407901287104514
Iris says #BarryMorphew is complying with the courts order and not going off the grid. She says the company tracking the GPS don't have concerns and can pick him up as soon as he gets in service.
If the company tracking the GPS don't have concerns, then why did they contact the court about it?
@Tumbleweed Thx for posting this tweet.
Why notify court by letter? Because the monitoring co. could not comply w all the requirements specified by court order imo. Not up to the monitoring co. to decide that a term of court order can be ignored.
;)Cannot disregard it, like an unappetizing vegetable withering on steam table in the school cafeteria.:rolleyes::D my2ct

I wonder if def atty Iris literally said, the co "does not have concerns." A link, anyone?

I thought the co's letter had been publicly released but can't find it now. A screen shot or link pls. Anyone?

He gave himself away with this hilarious gem on page 60. "...can you tell me how many MONTHS it's been going on?"

He's telling Grusing that he (probably) knew about the affair for a couple years, but tries to feign ignorance by putting the timeframe in months. Any normal person says "can you tell me how long it's been going on?" Barry just couldn't help himself.

Even someone with no knowledge of deception tactics could pick up on that one. Grusing probably got a good laugh.

View attachment 317325
bbm
:rolleyes::p
!!

Like a Cafeteria?
Why notify court by letter? Because the monitoring co. could not comply w all the requirements specified by court order imo. Not up to the monitoring co. to decide that a term of court order can be ignored.
;)Cannot disregard it, like an unappetizing vegetable withering on steam table in the school cafeteria.:rolleyes::D my2ct

I wonder if def atty Iris literally said, the co "does not have concerns." A link, anyone?

I thought the co's letter had been publicly released but can't find it now. A screen shot or link pls. Anyone?

I don't recall seeing the motion in the media other than the following details previously posted:

As part of his bond, Murphey ordered Morphew to not travel outside Chaffee County without the court's permission, to surrender his passport and to wear an ankle monitor. Conditions were later modified by the court to allow Morphew to travel outside the county to meet with his attorneys or to service or maintain his GPS unit.

However, Salida-based Intervention Inc., which is tasked with monitoring the GPS system, wrote in a court filing on Sept. 21 that they're "unable to pick up a GPS or cell signal" in the area of Morphew's home.

Due to that lack of communication, the company said they cannot provide the court with any "battery or tamper alert information" when Morphew is at or near his home.

The motion asked the court for "further direction" on the "continued GPS monitoring requirements."

Barry Mophew case: GPS signal can't be picked up from his home | 9news.com Oct 7, 2021

Judge rules Barry Morphew can remain living in Maysville, despite ankle monitor not tracking | FOX21 News Colorado

Also on Wednesday, the judge said all documents should be made public. The prosecution will have to provide the court a witness list by Nov. 9 and the defense will have to do so by March 4, 2022. They will have 35 days before trial starts to submit final lists and it is noted that all witnesses from both sides may not testify.

Morphew’s trial is set for May 2022. His next court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 9.

Like a Cafeteria?

No link to actual documents but LS covers them here:

Not really. The judge has to act within the confines of the law. If he can't make him move, then he can't make him move. I'm not concerned with him going anywhere.
Initially, I was outraged by this once a day check-in. But after reflecting a bit I realized there’s nothing special about Poncha Springs. IMO, the buffered data in the ankle bracelet is going to upload anytime he happens to traipse through an area with cell service. To me, the real issue is that the lack of 24x7 coverage means he gets a 24 hour head start — and maybe more — if he’s foolish enough remove the device and bolt. But I don’t think he’ll do that. It would practically be an admission of guilt in advance of the trial, it would land him back in jail until then (once he was caught and extradited), and maybe most importantly, he’d forfeit his bond. So it’s highly unlikely IMO. He values freedom and money too much.

I also don’t think he could take it off and flee while a coconspirator continued to run it over to Poncha Springs every day to give him more time before his absence was detected. That event would surely be logged in the data set and he knows it. And the coconspirator would quickly be busted, IMO. So that’s not an issue either.

And I’m actually looking forward to him having his truck back, tbh. More uploads. More opportunities to misstep. More ways for the Daily Mail to entertain themselves, lol. And rules and laws haven’t stopped him yet anyway. So have at it, BM.

Now, I DO think the next set of motions will be to expand his permitted wanderings beyond CC in search of jobs and work. (He’s got bills to pay and walls that still need fixing, after all, and you can’t deny a guy the opportunity to pursue his livelihood *before* he’s found guilty, right? Based on their actions to date, I can see the court being amenable to that. <…eye-roll…>)

MOO.

Lauren Scharf · 2h ·

I'm told the suppressed documents will be made public tomorrow.

^^From Lauren's FB.^^

This should prove interesting.

Motions filed by the defense are typically numbered beginning with the prefix of "D" followed by a numeric value. Accordingly, motions filed by the Prosecutor with "P," and Orders by the Court with "O." As of this date, there are no motions filed by the defense published on the public or "cases of interest" county court site:

Colorado Judicial Branch - Chaffee - Cases of Interest - People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew

By comparison, in the El Paso County "cases of interest" public court site, the People vs LS case lists not less than 27 motions filed by the Defense including the benign motion by LS defense and/or "D-27 MOTION TO WITHDRAW."

Colorado Judicial Branch - El Paso - Cases of Interest - The People of the State of Colorado v. Letecia Stauch

E & N are certainly earning their keep in their effort to shield their client's case from public view. To be clear, this is NOT Judge Murphy's doing.

I might speak to my spouse on the phone once a year. We text, messenger, and email or talk in person. The only person I actually talk to on the phone anymore is my primary care physician and that's only because we're still not cool with in person visits.
Uh-oh, I misread again! I read in person visits as in prison visits, and for a brief moment wondered which of you is in prison :D. A thousand apologies!

I don't know where you're getting that impression from, but I couldn't disagree more.

The prosecution wanted Barry to move, but the judge said he doesn't have the authority to do that. The law is the law.

As for the lack of searches this summer, that's just not true. @NoSI took notes during the preliminary hearing, and the first witness talked about a mine search being conducted just a couple weeks prior.

Just because we aren't hearing about searches, doesn't mean they aren't happening.
Glad you said this. Catching up this morning and thinking what have I missed, I cant see where the prosecution have had any sort of kicking yesterday. That's because they didnt then.

Judge rules Barry Morphew can remain living in Maysville, despite ankle monitor not tracking | FOX21 News Colorado

Also on Wednesday, the judge said all documents should be made public. The prosecution will have to provide the court a witness list by Nov. 9 and the defense will have to do so by March 4, 2022. They will have 35 days before trial starts to submit final lists and it is noted that all witnesses from both sides may not testify.

Morphew’s trial is set for May 2022. His next court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 9.
What is the reasoning for the court to ask for prosecution witness list in November and defense witness list in March?

Is it so that defense can line up witnesses to refute each prosecution witness? That seems wrong to me. Why would it be done?

Glad you said this. Catching up this morning and thinking what have I missed, I cant see where the prosecution have had any sort of kicking yesterday. That's because they didnt then.
I think a better term, at least from my point of view, would have been to conclude the prosecution did not come prepared. They acquiesced to defense about where Barry would live, about returning his drivers license and truck, about bringing evidence forward of he and his girlfriend trespassing on the very property where Suzanne was allegedly killed and about his gps monitoring device not tracking him 24/7.
So I could say defense whipped the prosecution or I could say prosecution just gave up the day. Still the same outcome.
But if I’m wrong, I’m wrong. We will see when trial starts. For all the mistakes BM made, he sure has friends and buddies there in Salida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07